• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

People Shane McMahon has beaten in his career:
X-Pac x2
Steve Austin (w/Vince)
The Big Show x2
Vince McMahon
Eric Bischoff
Shawn Michaels
Shawn Michaels (w/ Vince)
Bobby Lashley (w/ Vince & Umaga)​

ThirstyEmotionalFunnelweaverspider.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
People Shane McMahon has beaten in his career:
X-Pac x2
Steve Austin (w/Vince)
The Big Show x2
Vince McMahon
Eric Bischoff
Shawn Michaels
Shawn Michaels (w/ Vince)
Bobby Lashley (w/ Vince & Umaga)​

AJ Styles is not a big enough star to hang with Shane, and people should apologize for suggesting it's the other way around.

Kusagari

Shane gave Undertake a bigger fight at WrestleMania than the current champion of Smackdown.

AJ shouldn't even last 2 minutes tbqh

ReiGun

LOL @ people thinking that TNA washout Styles can hang with the best striker in the game.

punchy6.gif

1l1Lqcu.gif

IQkZnG5.gif

Truly one of the greats
wow.png

I'm surprised at the amount of negativity this card is receiving. Sure, Goldberg vs. Lesnar is probably going to be garbage, but I think all the other matches have more potential to be good than to be crap.

Undertaker is no doubt past his prime, but Roman's delivered in some pretty high profile matches with Styles and Owens. I think the two of them are capable of producing something entertaining. If Undertaker can perform close to his Summerslam 2015 level, we'll be in for a fun match.

The Best Friendship between Owens & Jericho has been my favorite story of the last year and they would probably be one of the marquee matches if not for the irrational Goldberg love, I think the two of them have a chip on their shoulder and will put on the best match possible.

AJ vs Shane... Well... at least Shane is going to do something that will make us all crap ourselves and AJ will be AJ. Having one of the best wrestlers in the world involved can still make for a pretty good match.

I also don't see what's so bad about Bray vs. Orton, Ambrose vs. Corbin, the Tag Team ladder match or HHH vs. Rollins. This card looks way better than last year's, and I realize that's a bad comparison because last year's was awful.

For me the HHH/Rollins match became interesting to me after this past RAW's segment. I thought this whole time it was a 'wah you took my title' but I'm digging the character redemption angle more now.

Murkas

Speaking of shit-show feuds, I remember last years Royal Rumble where the Wyatt family screwed over Brock Lesnar, did anything happen with that. Next thing I remember was street fight with Ambrose...

Just_one

goddamn this mania sure is one of the worst ones in recent history , anyways here we go...

Lesnar VS Goldberg - Lesnar

HHH VS Rollins - Rollins

AJ VS Shane - AJ

Wyatt VS Orton - Wyatt

Owens VS Jericho - Owens

Cena & Nikki VS Miz & Maryse - Miz & Maryse ... who am i kidding...Cena & Nikki wins and Cena asks Nikki to marry him in the ring , this will also be Nikki´s last match in WWE.

Undertaker VS Reigns - yep...Reigns will win...

Raw Tag Team Titles - Gallows & Anderson

Women Fatal Four - Sasha (turns on Bayley)

Smackdown Women Match - Alexa

Ambrose VS Corbin - Corbin should win but Ambrose will keep the title

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal - Braun Strowman

Neville VS Aires - Aires

sora87

Ambrose vs Corbin and Shane vs AJ desperately need a gimmick, even if it's just no DQ.

That jobber rumble is so cringe.

Slizz

Aries Neville preshow, while it'll probably be on the best matches of the night. I don't understand what WWE did to ruin the cruiserweight division(stopped watching for a long time, came back after the draft), nobody reacts to their fights on Raw or Smackdown.

OSW doing a live review at WrestleCon tomorrow.

Not sure if they are live-casting it.

Loved the Destination X review.

I never once watch TNA so it's equally amazing and terrible.

Ithil

Really weird that Joe has no match at WM at all. Finn has been cleared for like a month now too, and no WM match. You'd think they'd bend over backwards to get his demon entrance at WM.

Predictions:

Lesnar v Goldberg - Lesnar

Orton v Wyatt - Orton

AJ v Shane - AJ (The match is already pointless as Styles should be in the SD main event. No way they would give Shane the win)

Roman v Taker - Roman

Tag Team Triple Threat - Bullet Club (E & C will win it on Raw)

Raw Women's Title Match - Sasha (I really have no fucking clue because this had such a bad setup, but Sasha will turn heel)

SD Women's Title Match - Mickie James (Another poorly setup match)

HHH v Seth - Seth

KO v Y2J - KO

Cena/Nikki v Maryse/Miz - Cena/Nikki (Why is Al Roker guest ring announcer?)

Ambrose v Corbin - Ambrose

Neville v AA - Austin Aries

Battle Royal - Sami Zayn (Please give this man some kind of accomplishment for fuck's sake)

Really weird that Joe has no match at WM at all. Finn has been cleared for like a month now too, and no WM match. You'd think they'd bend over backwards to get his demon entrance at WM.

That doesn't make much sense to me either. Especially Joe seeing as he attacked Rollins. Did they just toss that part of the story out of the window? I thought Finn was just about cleared during the Rumble. No sense to keep him out of WM if he's fully healed.

Mahonay

Banned
It's completely possible they both get involved in the HHH vs Rollins match.

ReiGun

Aries Neville preshow, while it'll probably be on the best matches of the night. I don't understand what WWE did to ruin the cruiserweight division(stopped watching for a long time, came back after the draft), nobody reacts to their fights on Raw or Smackdown.

Dumped them all on Raw with no build up. Booked them like the Divas division circa 2010 (meaningless tag matches abound). Put their belt on the most swaggerless, uncharismatic dude in the entire division when it started (TJ Perkins), and then moved it around before finally nailing it with Neville. Won't let them actually wrestle like Crusierweights beyond a few moves.

The divison has been on the upswing lately, but much of the damage is done.

Sephzilla

PREDICTIONS

WWE Championship
BRAY WYATT vs RANDY ORTON
Bray should win this, but it'll be Orton because we need to keep making Orton happen

Universal Championship
GOLDBERG vs BROCK LESNAR
Because Goldberg is taking off after Mania probably, and they aren't going to let Brock lose to Goldberg 3 times

SHANE MCMAHON vs AJ STYLES
I'm actually super tempted to pick Shane here, but this will probably be AJ's first Mania win

ROMAN REIGNS vs THE UNDERTAKER
If Roman wins clean and stays face I might throw up

NIKKI BELLA & JOHN CENA vs THE MIZ & MARYSE
This is the most obvious pick of the entire night

Non-Sanctioned Match
SETH ROLLINS vs TRIPLE H
I expect Samoa Joe fuckery but since Rollins is one of HHH's boys I think HHH will put him over, unlike Sting

United States Championship
CHRIS JERICHO vs KEVIN OWENS
Because Jericho is about to peace out for a while to do Fozzy stuff

Intercontinental Championship
DEAN AMBROSE vs BARON CORBIN
Because Ambrose is an over face despite being dogshit in the ring

Elimination Match
RAW Women's Championship
BAYLEY vs SASHA BANKS vs CHARLOTTE vs NIA JAX
Sasha's going to turn heel. Nia Jax is my stealth pick to win it though.

Ladder Match
RAW Tag Team Championships
THE CLUB vs ENZO & CASS vs CESARO & SHEAMUS
Because I don't even care.

SmackDown Women's Championship - BECKY LYNCH
Lynch is the only person I can see taking the belt from Bliss.

4th Annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal - SAMI ZAYN
We're due for an underdog little guy win in this thing again.

Cruiserweight Championship
NEVILLE vs AUSTIN ARIES
If AJ Styles can't get a W at his first WrestleMania neither can Aries.

bbd23

lmao you guys can keep this trash mania card

ill watch the pre-show for neville/aries and to watch naomi slay for a bit before turning this garbage off.

enjoy I guess.

Slizz

Dumped them all on Raw with no build up. Booked them like the Divas division circa 2010 (meaningless tag matches abound). Put their belt on the most swaggerless, uncharismatic dude in the entire division when it started (TJ Perkins), and then moved it around before finally nailing it with Neville. Won't let them actually wrestle like Crusierweights beyond a few moves.

The divison has been on the upswing lately, but much of the damage is done.

Never saw Aries fight before just heard him be the announcer not knowing he was a wrestler recovering from injury, dude is incredible. Gallagher is a hilarious showman, Neville is just a beast and I really like that Japanese dude Akira Tozawa, but it all falls a bit flat when it seems the crowd decided to go buy merch and get a hotdog during their matches.

WCW cruiserweight division was epic back in the day.

Mahonay

Banned
Never saw Aries fight before just heard him be the announcer not knowing he was a wrestler recovering from injury, dude is incredible. Gallagher is a hilarious showman, Neville is just a beast and I really like that Japanese dude Akira Tozawa, but it all falls a bit flat when it seems the crowd decided to go buy merch and get a hotdog during their matches.

It's a shame because they really do have some insane talent in that Cruiserweight roster. But, it's been slightly better. The matches themselves have improved. Storylines are still laughably bad. They need to do more with less. They're zero reason to be giving these guys these ridiculous stories, tone it down several notches.

lol, WM has a card full of wrasslers I adore in matchups I abhor (and a handful of them not doing jack shit). Fuck this company.
Welcome to current WWE!

"We have everyone you love, fuck you!"

orioto

Good Art™
You guys are crazy i honestly think Jericho has more chance to win that match, and Owens will take the belt later.

It will depends how the card is organized i guess. If, at a certain point, they need a really over face and a well established star to give the audience a good feeling, they'll have Jericho win.

Sephzilla

You guys are crazy i honestly think Jericho has more chance to win that match, and Owens will take the belt later.

It will depends how the card is organized i guess. If, at a certain point, they need a really over face and a well established star to give the audience a good feeling, they'll have Jericho win.

Supposedly Jericho is leaving after Mania to do another Fozzy tour

The Cruiserweight division does nothing to stand out from the main roster unlike NXT. Fans don't know shit and don't care about about these guys (did you hear the silence last week during the Brian Kendick/TJ Perkins match?), and WWE hasn't really given them much exposure. It's a shame, because their matches are usually very good.

If Nakamura is coming up, I hope to God that it's on SD. Asuka should come up too and go to Raw.

Will the Nikki look to the crowd for a "yes" chant as she feigns surprise at John's proposal?

Will she be convincing enough to make the moment work for mainstream outlets to pick up how cute it was and have social media buzzing?

Will the WWE be referenced on popular sites such as TMZ and Entertainment?

The WWE is relevant?

The Ultimate Thrillride??

Mahonay

Banned
Will the Nikki look to the crowd for a "yes" chant as she feigns surprise at John's proposal?

Will she be convincing enough to make the moment work for mainstream outlets to pick up how cute it was and have social media buzzing?

The WWE is relevant?

Honestly I'm expecting a massive pop.

ReiGun

Were I a betting man, I'd say the possible post-Mania returns/callups would be

Raw: Balor, Emma, Liv Morgan, The Revival or #DIY, Kurt Angle as new GM

SD: Nak, Tye Dillenger, The Drifter, Tamina, The Hardys

They've really got the building blocks for a good division. Aries has emerged as a perfect top babyface, and behind him you've got Rich Swann, Tajiri, Jack Gallagher, and Akira Tozawa as guys the crowd are at least interested in. Mustafa Ali, Gran Metalik, and Cedric Alexander have potential as well, and as much as I can't stand him, I can't deny TJP can get it done in the ring.

Heel-wise, they have work to do. The most credible heel is obviously Neville, but after him it's just Brain Kendrick and Noam Darr. Brian isn't great at getting other people over, and Darr is a joke character right now. Still, those guys are great, and other guys like Drew Guglik and Tony Nese are good hands.

The Crusierweight's placement at shows doesn't help. 205 Live is filmed after Smackdown ends and everyone is either leaving or tired because they already saw John Cena and AJ Styles. On Raw, they seems to always find themselves in spots where the crowd is least invested. For so many weeks, they were dumped in the third hour.

I think the best thing they can do for them at this point is start letting them interact with the rest of the roster. Keeping them as their own thing clearly isn't working.

Tom Nook

PREDICTIONS

WWE Championship
BRAY WYATT vs RANDY ORTON
Bray should win this, but it'll be Orton because we need to keep making Orton happen
- Agree

Universal Championship
GOLDBERG vs BROCK LESNAR
Because Goldberg is taking off after Mania probably, and they aren't going to let Brock lose to Goldberg 3 times
-It's good to have two World Champs: One is part-timer and the other can be defended week to week.

SHANE MCMAHON vs AJ STYLES
I'm actually super tempted to pick Shane here, but this will probably be AJ's first Mania win
- I'd so pissed if Shane wins.... I don't care if it's interference by the Mean Street Posse. AJ wins.

ROMAN REIGNS vs THE UNDERTAKER
If Roman wins clean and stays face I might throw up
-Still believe Braun will show up to interfere.

Intercontinental Championship
DEAN AMBROSE vs BARON CORBIN
Because Ambrose is an over face despite being dogshit in the ring
- I'm picking Corbin for this. There's nothing going on with Dean right now.

Entropia

No One Remembers
2017 André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
I want: Sami Zayn
Probably: Braun Stroman

Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Mickie James vs. Carmella (with James Ellsworth) vs. Naomi
I want: Natalya
Probably: Becky Lynch

Neville (c) vs. Austin Aries
I want: Neville
Probably: Neville

Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton
I want: Bray Wyatt
Probably: Randy Orton

Goldberg (c) vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)
I want: This match to not happen
Probably: The match happens, Goldberg wins

The Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns
I want: The Undertaker
Probably: Roman Reigns

John Cena and Nikki Bella vs. The Miz and Maryse
I want: The Miz & Maryse
Probably: John Cena & Nikki Bella

Seth Rollins vs. Triple H
I want: Seth Rollins
Probably: Seth Rollins

Shane McMahon vs. AJ Styles
I want: AJ Styles
Probably: AJ Styles

Bayley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax
I want: Bayley
Probably: Charlotte Flair

Chris Jericho (c) vs. Kevin Owens
I want: Chris Jericho
Probably: Kevin Owens

Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Baron Corbin
I want: Dean Ambrose
Probably Baron Corbin

Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson (c) vs. Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. Cesaro and Sheamus
I want: Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson
Probably: Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson

cordy

Banned
And I say Corbin's going to cheat to win the IC belt and after that feud (and probably another feud where Ambrose beats someone) Ambrose is moved up to the main card again to feud with the still WWE Champion Wyatt since it was scheduled for happening last year. Wyatt's going to beat Orton, Styles again, Harper (in a throwaway ppv probably) and then lose to Ambrose.

orioto

Good Art™
More like Balor comes in to rescue Seth from his merciless beatdown from Triple H on Sunday, ultimately culminating in a pedigree/coup de grace/curb stomp finish combo.

Balor heel turn makes sense yeah and Rollins injured him to begin with, and Trip would have its stable with Owens and Joe seemingly.

Bronx-Man

Banned

The WWE is relevant?

The ULTIMATE Thrillride!

Gurrry

Im gonna take a stab at this too.

Lesnar VS Goldberg - Lesnar

HHH VS Rollins - Rollins

AJ VS Shane - AJ

Wyatt VS Orton - Wyatt

Owens VS Jericho - Owens

Cena & Nikki VS Miz & Maryse - Cena Nikki with proposal

Undertaker VS Reigns - Reigns