• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WSJ: Nintendo batteries for Switch supplied by Amperex

Right. That's why I was so confused with so many replies on the front page suggesting that this was a problem for Nintendo.

Because this is GAF where only a small fraction of people bother reading the OP. And they really have no excuse because the reason wasn't even edited in, it was there from the moment the thread was created

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Or people are just using it to joke around and don't really give two shits about who makes the battery.

No no no. That aint the case. Look at the first reply, and look at who posted it.

Saw the words Nintendo, note 7, and batteries and literally propelled his face into the keyboard.

giphy.gif

Haha~ This one got me.

MCN

Banned
I have read the OP, but nevertheless I feel the urge to make a King Bob-omb being the CEO of Amperex joke.

Jonnax

Because this is GAF where only a small fraction of people bother reading the OP. And they really have no excuse because the reason wasn't even edited in, it was there from the moment the thread was created

Why don't you give this image a look:

zniJjFe.jpg

There was a fault with the second battery as well.

CazTGG

Asking again for a new page:
Does this company sell a battery that is compatible with the Switch and will last longer than the one that comes with the system? I know the Wii U's could be upgraded, albeit with the product being incredibly limited in terms of availability so i'm wondering if the Switch will have the same.

Asking again for a new page:

If you were in the Switch tear down thread, you'd see that the Switch already has the largest battery possible. There would have to be an advance in battery technology before you could get a better battery into the Switch.

lenovox1

Does this company sell a battery that's compatible with the Switch and will last longer than the one that comes with the system? I know the Wii U's could be upgraded, albeit with the product being incredibly limited in terms of availability.

The Nintendo Switch's battery is not replaceable. (There's no room.)

Why don't you give this image a look:

There was a fault with the second battery as well.

which was overlooked due to samsung demanding a ramped-up production schedule for the replacements.

”We believe if not for that manufacturing issue on the ramp (of Battery B), the Note 7 would still be in the market," Samsung's US head Tim Baxter says.

amperex is just a contractor. the fault lies with samsung.

TLDR no-one has any reason to worry about exploding switch batteries.

No no no. That aint the case. Look at the first reply, and look at who posted it.

Saw the words Nintendo, note 7, and batteries and literally propelled his face into the keyboard.

Says the one that didn't even read about the report about the battery. Would be ironic if it wasn't sad.

Top Bottom