• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE '13 announcement trailer leaked

Come on People!
1. Its a trailer based on what people could download from 360P on youtube before it got taken down.
2. WWE 12 looked medicore on trailer and gameplay but looked extremly good when you actually play it
3. You aren't even giving it a chance! WWE 12 did alot of things right!

Come on People!
1. Its a trailer based on what people could download from 360P on youtube before it got taken down.
2. WWE 12 looked medicore on trailer and gameplay but looked extremly good when you actually play it

You work at THQ?

Ithil

Come on People!

No, WWE 12 did not look "extremely good", under any circumstances. It look at best average, at worst bad. It looked as I would expect a PS3/360 game from 2007 to look.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
What I always wonder about this series is why the hell Yukes can never, ever get mouths right. They always look creepy as fuck and unnatural.

No, WWE 12 did not look "extremely good", under any circumstances. It look at best average, at worst bad. It looked as I would expect a PS3/360 game from 2007 to look.
Sorry but I don't think so. Some of the models need alot of work (Dibiase,Booker T) but Randy Orton,John Cena,R-Truth and alot of others looked great. I would like to see SVR 2011 sweat getting put back in.

Also : You haven't seen the game at action! This is a off-screen trailer being captured on a highly compressed 360p video!

Degen

It won't be a revolution until they go back to "Here Comes the Pain" or at least SvR 2006 and just work with that gameplay

I'm sure that spear animation for Austin tackling Mankind through the barrier is from Smackdown 1 or 2.

Actually, the Mankind model looks the shirt is still painted on, just like it was way back when too. I want a great wrestling game, WWE and THQ have not provided one in a long time.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Why haven't they made another King of Colosseum?

I guess it has a lot to do with puroresu's decline in popularity.

However, now that Spike is done with DBZ games (apparently), I'm not sure they're doing much else. Maybe they could get to work on a new KoC or Fire Pro.

MiniDitka

Sorry but I don't think so. Some of the models need alot of work (Dibiase,Booker T) but Randy Orton,John Cena,R-Truth and alot of others looked great. I would like to see SVR 2011 sweat getting put back in.

Also : You haven't seen the game at action! This is a off-screen trailer being captured on a highly compressed 360p video!

Overall I think 12 is a good looking game but some of the models like Edge and Booker look pretty bad. A few comparison vids I made.

WWE 12 vs Day Of Reckoning 2 vs Wrestlemania 21 Edge Intro Comparison

WWE 12 vs Day Of Reckoning 2 vs Wrestlemania 21 Booker T Intro Comparison

WWE 12 vs Day Of Reckoning 2 vs Wrestlemania 21 Trish Stratus Intro Comparison

Game will probably be shit like they usually are.

But I'm glad CM Punk is the 'face' of it at least, makes me more interested than I would be rolling my eyes at a Cena or Orton etc cover.

Will polly buy for that and if they voice clip in YES! YES! YES! for D-Bry's entrance, also I'll force them to put AJ back with him.

I still find wrestling games to be one of the biggest WTF things in the gaming industry. How AKI/Asmik etc were never asked to make another 'big/real' one again despite EVERYONE knowing they were awesome and thats what the old fans wanted is beyond me.

*shakes head*

I remember thinking when the GameCube era was starting up WOW I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT THEY DO and now nearly 2 gens since and we still never saw it/probably never will.

I guess it has a lot to do with puroresu's decline in popularity.

However, now that Spike is done with DBZ games (apparently), I'm not sure they're doing much else. Maybe they could get to work on a new KoC or Fire Pro.

That would make my day if it were true. I've been playing a lot of FPR recently and every so often I go back to KoC 2 as well. We need a good Puro game sometime this gen.

DavieC726

The one thing is, we don't know how much of the trailer was real in game footage and how much was a cutscene for universe or story mode.

iBuzz7S

Banned
I searched and this is the only WWE 13 thread I found. May as well bump it.

Boxart was revealed on Raw less than 10 minutes ago.

53070156.png

Christopher

Here comes the pain was probably the best one I played the game overall just felt "fun" to play the newer ones strives for realism and for me that doesn't work.

BD1

Banned
I want to buy a wrestling game again so bad. I don't even know the hours of my early teen life I logged into the AKI Quadrilogy of World Tour/Revenge/Mania 2000/No Mercy. It was a lot.

I haven't purchased a wrasslin game since the PS2 era, and sadly I don't think WWE '13 will be the break through title. Doesn't look very strong to me.

JdFoX187

Banned
I searched and this is the only WWE 13 thread I found. May as well bump it.

Boxart was revealed on Raw less than 10 minutes ago.

53070156.png

Johnny Ace cover would have been better. People Power!

I haven't purchased a wrasslin game since the PS2 era, and sadly I don't think WWE '13 will be the break through title. Doesn't look very strong to me.

You discerned this from a 30 second trailer with hardly any footage?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mark Henry always looks weird in these games. Like they didn't actually scan him in like the others or something. He always looks out of scale.

I liked WWE 12 but the online content download servers being broken for weeks after release killed my hype. There was a ton of content but it was impossible to download it.

Still, being able to create my own TNA fed that had their own show with their own logo was pretty damn neat. In 13 they need to let you schedule a show for any night of the week.

eldoon

Please fix story mode and let people pick who they want or even a caw to fight for the belt in story mode
If this cant be done dont make me play as sheamus for 15 matches unless i want to - NO ONE DOES.

Does THQ have exclusive rights to the WWE? It seems like if they didnt someone would step up and try to get some competition going. AKI has made great wrestling games in the past, so surely its possible today.

On another note how come Day of Reckoning 2 for GameCube is never mentioned as one of the good wrestling games? Sure it had a few shortcomings like no announcers and pretty weak storyline mode, but gameplay wise it was almost identical to the AKI games on N64 and for its time it had amazing graphics. hell if it were in HD it would probably look just as good as the crappy ones that THQ puts out. As far as I'm concerned it was the last great wrestling game. Here are some random screens from google image search:

03.jpg

wwe-day-of-reckoning-2-20050518033022489.jpg

189110_full.jpg

wwe-day-of-reckoning-2-20050826060139522_screen001.jpg

wwe-day-of-reckoning-2-20050331111954565.jpg

BD1

Banned
You discerned this from a 30 second trailer with hardly any footage?

Well that, and a generation of THQ WWF games that looked exactly like it. I hope this game is a great one, because like I said, I want a great wrestling game.

It's rare to see a game get universal hate on gaf. Like 70% hate+, sure you see it occasionally for madden, etc, but still a passionate bunch that buy it & like it here... But... This game has had 200 posts of people shitting on it. Gotta imagine somebody is reading this thread who has something to do with the game...?

I expect a break when they transition to next-gen. Perhaps have a small team shit out a quick game while the majority work on a new-ish engine. It's what they did going into this gen.
I doubt it, they ported up from the damned ps2 until this past game. I have little hope for a really good wrestling game anytime soon.

Does THQ have exclusive rights to the WWE? It seems like if they didnt someone would step up and try to get some competition going. AKI has made great wrestling games in the past, so surely its possible today.

On another note how come Day of Reckoning 2 for GameCube is never mentioned as one of the good wrestling games? Sure it had a few shortcomings like no announcers and pretty weak storyline mode, but gameplay wise it was almost identical to the AKI games on N64 and for its time it had amazing graphics. hell if it were in HD it would probably look just as good as the crappy ones that THQ puts out. As far as I'm concerned it was the last great wrestling game. Here are some random screens from google image search:

03.jpg

wwe-day-of-reckoning-2-20050518033022489.jpg

189110_full.jpg

wwe-day-of-reckoning-2-20050826060139522_screen001.jpg

wwe-day-of-reckoning-2-20050331111954565.jpg

Wait, these are from GameCube? Man, how come wrestling games haven't advanced at all?

Forkball

It's rare to see a game get universal hate on gaf. Like 70% hate+, sure you see it occasionally for madden, etc, but still a passionate bunch that buy it & like it here... But... This game has had 200 posts of people shitting on it. Gotta imagine somebody is reading this thread who has something to do with the game...?

The problem is every year the developers/press are like "will this be the best WWE game EVER" and every year there are a multitude of obvious problems or poor design decisions that hold it back.

This entire thread reminds me I need to get off my ass, buy the AKI engine and develop my own wrestling game.

If I knew what I was doing I'd start one of those Kickstarters.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Technically, DoR 2 had 2 sequels.

the Wrestle Kingdom games are the same engine and gameplay. I own both, but neither's as good as KoC 2. Fun Legends roster though.
gfs_83241_2_28i1z3h.jpg

MiniDitka

Love DOR 2:D

Top Bottom