• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K18 Roster Reveal (In Progress)

No hulk hogan? I know he got his career destroyed after that racist video that Gawker reported on but he is my favorite wrestler

Unfortunately Hogan has been persona non grata with WWE since that incident. They've slowly been adding him back into videos and segments and mentioning his name more, but he's currently not signed to any sort of deal with the company as WWE wants to wait for everything to blow over.

How the hell is Almas not in the game. He has been in NXT for yonks

Actually, he apparently didn't want to be in the game, according to some sources (not sure how legitimate they are)

Still, he shouldn't be TOO difficult to create if he isn't DLC, though I'm not sure if his running knees in the corner and his hammerlock legsweep DDT are in the game.

18-Volt

My guesses for DLC packs:

Hardy Boyz pack: Jeff Hardy & Matt hardy and their retro looks

NXT Pack: Drew McIntyre, Andrade Almas, Aleister Black, Heavy Machinery, Ruby Riot

UK Pack: Tyle Bate, Pete Dunne, Trent Seven, Mandrews, Wolfgang

Legends Pack: Faarooq, Ted Dibiase, Irwin Schyster, Honky Tonk Man, Roddy Piper, The Iron Sheik (all of them were missing from 2k17 roster but not 2k16, I'm not sure they'll come back. This supposed to be biggest roster ever and IRS should be there next to his sons)

That is a freaking massive list of wrestlers. Surprised they had that many, pretty impressed with that.

as for Hogan, get real guys. He's not going to be in a WWE game until him and WWE make amends, which is years off with his racist tirade from a few years back. He'll issue some other public statement abut mistakes made maybe before WM and then he'll be welcomed back into the WWE canon.

Too bad that Ricky Morton and RObert Gibson aren't in. Thought they'd make the cut having been inducted into the Hall of Fame last year. Hoping them and Jim Cornette were in the game.

So no Dudleys, no Hardys, notable DX omissions and apparently Hogan is still on the "naughty" list.

Dudleys aren't with the company any more.
Hardys will VERY likely be DLC.

And yeah.. Hogan should try to make nice. Im sure he wouldn't mind the merch money at this point... unless Gawker paid up from the lawsuit.

Legends roster seems small and the only new legend we got was Rick Martel. I'm surprised we didn't see the legends that are in WWE Champions. Still surprised that they continue to omit big legends like Yokozuna (who is impossible to create in the CAW), Ted Dibiase, Roddy Pipper and Sgt Slaughter. Would also be nice to have some mid card alumni like Honkey Tonk, IRS, Hacksaw, Doink and The Mountie. An ECW pack is also much needed. Sabu, The Dudleyz, Terry Funk, Tommy Dreamer, Taz and Tajiri don't seem like its too much to ask for.

I understand why Hogan isn't in but don't take his move animations and entrance out. It makes his CAW so boring and unplayable.

Legends roster seems small and the only new legend we got was Rick Martel. I'm surprised we didn't see the legends that are in WWE Champions. Still surprised that they continue to omit big legends like Yokozuna (who is impossible to create in the CAW), Ted Dibiase, Roddy Pipper and Sgt Slaughter. Would also be nice to have some mid card alumni like Honkey Tonk, IRS, Hacksaw, Doink and The Mountie. An ECW pack is also much needed. Sabu, The Dudleyz, Terry Funk, Tommy Dreamer, Taz and Tajiri don't seem like its too much to ask for.

I understand why Hogan isn't in but don't take his move animations and entrance out. It makes his CAW so boring and unplayable.

I truly don't understand why they remove Legends from game to game (other than for defaming the company like Hogan). They have legend contracts, the models are done, the movesets are done, the music is usually owned by the company for the older legends, people get upset when their favorites are deleted... so why arbitrarily take them out. The Legends roster should only grow every year.

Alfredo

I can't believe James Elsworth didn't make the roster. Wtf. And I can't see him being special enough to make DLC.

Though it'd be pretty funny if they snuck him in as like the default CAW template or something.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Agreed. Really disappointed in the Legends roster.

I truly don't understand why they remove Legends from game to game (other than for defaming the company like Hogan). They have legend contracts, the models are done, the movesets are done, the music is usually owned by the company for the older legends, people get upset when their favorites are deleted... so why arbitrarily take them out. The Legends roster should only grow every year.

May have to do with contract limits?
They do have to pay royalties to everyone that's being used and perhaps just want to limit how many checks they have to write.

It's hard to say what happens behind the curtain though.

There was a rumor floating around that Taker was in New York during Summerslam to be scanned for something that Wasn't 2k18... but a separate game.

MAYBE you will be getting your Legends based game.. or... it could be for some mobile garbage

dubq

Hey look, Dana doesn't look like a monster anymore...

DJKtfusVoAAPaMJ.jpg

Hasney

DANA BROOKE UPDATE:

Here's what Dana Brooke looks like in real life:

055_HIAC_10302016rf_1904--34a2b601e58b702f6760f886c6d7e5a6.jpg

For reference, here's the abomination that was 2k17

maxresdefault.jpg

And here she is now

DJKtfusVoAAPaMJ.jpg

Well, that looks nothing like her... But she looks human now at least!

I wouldn't mind a proper legends game based on the 2K engine. We got that Legends of Wrestlemania game but the gameplay was underwhelming to say the least.

Yeah just give us a nice legends game with the current big names sprinkled in. I have no interest is playing with 1/2 of that current roster. Would much rather have Piper and Pillman over guys like Health Slater.

Still can't believe how much they botched their 1st attempt at a Lengends game. Instead of just doing a 2K reskin or use the old DoR engine, they make a junky turd. I'd be all about a Legends game that plays like DoR. It's a guaranteed massive hit.

Hasney

Yea I've read some pretty mixed things about the gameplay though. I'm not creative so I don't really care about the in-depth editing tbh.

Really? It's the best playing wrestling game of all time. Especially the grapple system.

Yeah just give us a nice legends game with the current big names sprinkled in. I have no interest is playing with 1/2 of that current roster. Would much rather have Piper and Pillman over guys like Health Slater.

Look, you can want your legends game all you like but I'm not going to take Heath Slater abuse. He's got kids!

tenor.gif

The WWE games are such a guilty pleasure for me.

I buy them every year, and love playing them in spite of their flaws. They have gotten much better at being able to do a good match that eels somewhat "real".

I must be the luckiest guy out there though, I haven't ever ran across any major glitches or problems like you see in videos.

The roster for this year looks insane, but there are still some questionable exclusions... which I will probably have to pay for :(

DLC culture sucks, always going for your wallet.

J-Rzez

I haven't picked up one of these in a long time, so I guess I'm due. So the roster looks good. The graphics still look meh. But my question is what can I expect from the gameplay? Maybe I'm old school, but the N64 wrestling games were probably my favorite.

I haven't picked up one of these in a long time, so I guess I'm due. So the roster looks good. The graphics still look meh. But my question is what can I expect from the gameplay? Maybe I'm old school, but the N64 wrestling games were probably my favorite.

Expect shit and you won't be disappointed

Cool that they added Albert in, I hope that they bring back NAO, Pillman and Arn. Along with a meaty Legends pack with Yokozuna, Piper, Ted Dibiase, IRS and Xpac. Than it would be the best Legends roster ever.

Top Bottom