• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K17 DLC Announced, includes Eddie Guerrero, Freebirds, Von Erichs, and the Club

Tagyhag

Weird that WWE basically retconned Hogan for what he said while Greg Valentine said some heinous shit about women and still gets merch and video game appearances.

WWE only does something if people get caught. Everyone knows that.

The fact that Michael Hayes still works there should be living proof of that to everyone.

Dremark

Banned
Weird that WWE basically retconned Hogan for what he said while Greg Valentine said some heinous shit about women and still gets merch and video game appearances.

Really when it comes down to it, it's not about what he said, it's about the controversy. Everyone knows what Hogan said and it's extremely controversial. I didn't even hear about what Valentine said but since he's not on Hogan's level it probably didn't cause as much of a problem.

What did he say anyway?

Regardless Vince will do whatever makes him money, if he viewed Valentine as a potential controversy he wouldn't be in.

dubq

Maybe somebody can ask this. Why can't they do updates during the year where new wrestlers join the WWE can be added? Or have more music in the game so if you have to create someone at least the music is there?

Honestly - I don't know why they don't go with a single base game that has regular updates or offerings in an mmo-style cash shop. There are enough wrestling+gaming marks out there that would be into buying different versions or alternate attires of wrestlers, arenas, show themes, music, belts, etc from every era that they'd certainly make some good coin off of it.

Dremark

Banned
Oh I agree with you fully but it just seems like the most Vince McMahon ass thing to do.

Yeah, if the situation was right I could honestly see him doing it.

The fact that Michael Hayes still works there should be living proof of that to everyone.

To be fair Vince stands by his people unless there's controversy and it actually looks like they are guilty, for better or worse.

You do have people like Michael Hayes who are getting enough heat for Vince to feel the need to fire him.

On the other hand you also have people like Pat Patterson who looked like he was accused of sexual harassment because he was gay. Vince argued his innocence on national TV and while he suspend him (iirc) he pretty much brought in right back on.

I definitely disagree with a lot of his decisions with staff controversy but he's not all bad.

It's pro wrestling and most wrestlers have heinous views, so really the options for Yuke's are limited and they have to pick the objectionable fuckhead wrestler that people haven't recently objected to that they have available for each of these things.

Also, SID (Suddenly I'm Dominant), Master and Ruler of the World is great! I mean, not enough for me to wait until this goes on sale for ten bucks next April, but still...yes, SID.

Let's make no mistake here. The only reason Michael Hayes still works there is because Mark Henry and his wife said they didn't want him fired. Hayes talks about it on the legends with JBL episode they did

Edit: he also lost a metric f ton of money. He lost his vice presidentcy and 3 months without pay.

Getting for Sid. Wish they would put Yoko in agin. Piper , Slaughter & Hogan are some notable omissions. Surprised Hacksaw, Demolition & Doink never made it in yet

Getting for Sid. Wish they would put Yoko in agin. Piper , Slaughter & Hogan are some notable omissions. Surprised Hacksaw, Demolition & Doink never made it in yet

I know Doink was DLC in SDVR 2009, and I think Hacksaw was playable in one game. Demolition was in a couple years back too.

Why delete Legends from year to year? Yoko, X-Pac, Piper and Slaughter should all be in this game. Hogan... fine. But the roster should just be added to each year, unless someone does something really embarrassing to the WWE. But to my knowledge, I'm pretty sure Yoko and Piper haven't done anything bad recently.

Why delete Legends from year to year? Yoko, X-Pac, Piper and Slaughter should all be in this game. Hogan... fine. But the roster should just be added to each year, unless someone does something really embarrassing to the WWE. But to my knowledge, I'm pretty sure Yoko and Piper haven't done anything bad recently.

I am curious how rights work. I know Foley declined to be in one year because THQ didn't pay him what they owed.

Maybe some Legends/HOF contracts carry a stipulation that their likeness can be used in the game. Maybe some don't. It's possible Piper's estate requested that he not be added.

I am curious how rights work. I know Foley declined to be in one year because THQ didn't pay him what they owed.

Maybe some Legends/HOF contracts carry a stipulation that their likeness can be used in the game. Maybe some don't. It's possible Piper's estate requested that he not be added.

I thought all Legends contracts came with a clause that they can be used in games and for toys. But, maybe there are some that don't.

Top Bottom