• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE '13 announcement trailer leaked

Messi

Wow, Lita? is there pictures of her in the game yet?

Not played a WWE game in years, but I loved the attitude era stuff. Might pick this up and try it out.

Khrno

07TfE.jpg

yB7A0.gif

Like a lot of people, I'm not going anywhere near this. I'll just go dust off my copy of No Mercy or WrestleMania 2000 and play a good wrestling game. THQ/Yukes lost my money when they failed time and time again to fix Community Creations. Plus, Road to WrestleMania sucked in WWE '12. Backstage brawl after backstage brawl. Yeah...no thanks. Now, where's my copy of In Your House for PSone?

Mr. Sam

I actually do think WWE All-Stars is a worthy successor to the N64 games. Despite being heavily stylised, it still has that same feel.

Buy All-Stars. Ignore WWE 13.

cednym

Banned
All Stars feels nothing like the AKI games (play DOR if you're looking for that), and I'm surprised by how much GAF seems to like it. It has few modes, few moves, and terrible move sets that can't be edited. It's pretty mediocre to me.

I guess if you're looking to have some mindless fun with a few friends, then yeah, All Stars has a certain sandbox element to its gameplay, but as a core wrestling experience, there isn't much depth.

RBH

All Stars feels nothing like the AKI games (play DOR if you're looking for that), and I'm surprised by how much GAF seems to like it. It has few modes, few moves, and terrible move sets that can't be edited. It's pretty mediocre to me.

I guess if you're looking to have some mindless fun with a few friends, then yeah, All Stars has a certain sandbox element to its gameplay, but as a core wrestling experience, there isn't much depth.
All Stars may be shallow in terms of its content, but its gameplay system is the reason why so many people on GAF enjoyed it. Easy to pick up, but difficult to fully master with the amount of chain grapples and combos present.

Easily the most fun I've had playing a wrestling game since the DoR games, and far more fun to play than any of the recent SD vs. Raw games imo.

cednym

Banned
Oh, I agree that there's fun to be had with All Stars, but I couldn't really get into it for some reason. It's probably because I'm too anal in wanting the wrestlers to play as closely to their real life counterparts as possible. I'm okay with the animations being over the top, but the move sets themselves should be accurate.

The SmackDown games took a nosedive after Here Comes the Pain, with SvR08 being the absolute worst title in the series, but WWE '12 is definitely a step in the right direction. I've been obsessed with wrestling games my entire life and have ran/moderated a number of wrestling game sites over the years, and I genuinely enjoy WWE '12. It's a good game. I just get frustrated sometimes when I see people shit all over it -- yeah, I agree that there have been some terrible entries in the series, but I don't think WWE '12 is one of them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh, I agree that there's fun to be had with All Stars, but I couldn't really get into it for some reason. It's probably because I'm too anal in wanting the wrestlers to play as closely to their real life counterparts as possible. I'm okay with the animations being over the top, but the move sets themselves should be accurate.

The SmackDown games took a nosedive after Here Comes the Pain, with SvR08 being the absolute worst title in the series, but WWE '12 is definitely a step in the right direction. I've been obsessed with wrestling games my entire life and have ran/moderated a number of wrestling game sites over the years, and I genuinely enjoy WWE '12. It's a good game. I just get frustrated sometimes when I see people shit all over it -- yeah, I agree that there have been some terrible entries in the series, but I don't think WWE '12 is one of them.

WWE 12 has a lot of improvements compared to the previous games, but it's EASILY the buggiest title they've ever put out.

regs

I enjoyed WWE '12, mostly because I haven't touched the series since Smackdown vs Raw 2007 and I got WWE '12 for $40 a launch on amazon.

WWE '13 looks good but I like all of you am weary of whether Yuke's fixed many of the problems from WWE '12. My biggest problem though is the online STILL doesn't work for me in WWE '12, which is ironic because the game requires an online pass. If I can get WWE '13 for $40 around launch again, or used for cheaper than that I will probably bite.

Top Bottom