• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K18 Collector's Edition announced - 15 Years of Cena

Sephzilla

What's so controversial about Cena? I haven't watched wrestling in over a decade but I thought he was always the popular one. Like, obnoxiously popular.

Since becoming the "main guy" in the mid 2000s, his character has been even more static and boring than 80s era Hulk Hogan. He never loses feuds and heels never get to have any kind of upper hand on him. Plus feuding with Cena has derailed the careers of a nice chunk of wrestlers.

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
From reading this, are Batista and RVD going to be included as deluxe edition DLC or just collectors??

GunBR

Cena is the biggest name of the company since 2005/06 maybe and he's almost a part-timer now, so that edition makes sense.
But no way I'm paying for this
There is definitely an ECW (2006) thing going on with this game. RVD, Kurt Angle ECW and John Cena ECW. Maybe we will see more ECW content?
We will have the crowd chanting "Fuck You Cena" when he uses the ECW outfit?

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
They are in the deluxe.

Omg I'm gonna get to Batista bomb people again? Woooooooooo pre ordering the deluxe Digital later!! So excited. I hope we get a recent version and a version from like 05

Hasney

They are in the deluxe.

Source? The wwe.com article just lists what's in that version of the game, they might not be and they're not listed as in the game anywhere else. They pulled the same trick with the NXT guys last year.

EDIT: Just seen it on Twitter. All the in-game stuff is available with the Deluxe too. At least they're not being as cunty as last year.

shanafan

Source? The wwe.com article just lists what's in that version of the game, they might not be and they're not listed as in the game anywhere else. They pulled the same trick with the NXT guys last year.

Yep ;)

0VCsCL1.jpg

Some Nobody

Its so weird listening to people talk about Cena who've been fans of the product for years. I came in at like late 2013 and while I can see what people are talking about as far as him being squeaky clean and lacking any sort of Adam Copeland, I can't say he's been at fault for the product going downhill in my time at all.

He fought Brock Lesnar for the title in late 2014 and got destroyed. Twice. Then went for the US Title out of nowhere and his Open Challenge thing was legitimately the best thing RAW was doing at the time alongside the New Day, with the product being otherwise complete crap outside of his (and their) work. Since then he's just gone on to have a bunch of bad-ass matches with Seth Rollins and AJ Styles, and more than a few times has lost matches, and definitely lost his feud to AJ overall.

Plus, his acting career just started and now the guy's usually nowhere to be found. Can't hate a guy who's barely there.

Hasney

Plus, his acting career just started and now the guy's usually nowhere to be found. Can't hate a guy who's barely there.

I'M NOT PART-TIME I'M HERE BUSTING MY ASS DAY IN AND DAY OUT AND YOU'RE NOT EVEN ON MY LEVEL x3987398321321 everytime he's back

Is RVD and Batista Cena edition exclusive?

Edit: Ah ok, saw it a few post above me, good, deluxe is enough, they can keep this shit.

So there's no figure or nothing?

That's a bit shit.

Robert-De-Niro-Oh-you.gif

Its so weird listening to people talk about Cena who've been fans of the product for years. I came in at like late 2013 and while I can see what people are talking about as far as him being squeaky clean and lacking any sort of Adam Copeland, I can't say he's been at fault for the product going downhill in my time at all.

He fought Brock Lesnar for the title in late 2014 and got destroyed. Twice. Then went for the US Title out of nowhere and his Open Challenge thing was legitimately the best thing RAW was doing at the time alongside the New Day, with the product being otherwise complete crap outside of his (and their) work. Since then he's just gone on to have a bunch of bad-ass matches with Seth Rollins and AJ Styles, and more than a few times has lost matches, and definitely lost his feud to AJ overall.

Now imagine having to watch him so much since 2005 and on. People got sick of him and I don't blame them. To a lot of people, he symbolizes the rise of the PG era and the direction WWE has been in for a long time.

FirmBizBws

Buy Firepro and have much more fun at a much lower price http://store.steampowered.com/app/564230/Fire_Pro_Wrestling_World/

Don't give money to yukes for this.

Dude if you don't want the game then get the fuck out, but there's no need to comment here to promote fire pro. Shits not even available on console, what are you really doing here? Are u seriously comparing some 2d early access game to this? Don't give money to yukes but pay for an unfinished product that's only available on PC? Really?

Hasney

Dude if you don't want the game then get the fuck out, but there's no need to comment here to promote fire pro. Shits not even available on console, what are you really doing here? Are u seriously comparing some 2d early access game to this?

You're right, Fire Pro is way out of WWE 2k's league it's not even funny. Wrestling Revolution 3D for mobile and PC is the more apt comparison.

Mr. Sam

- A Fanatics limited-edition commemorative plaque that includes a piece of the ring mat from Cena’s historic 16th World Title triumph at Royal Rumble 2017, as well as a hand-signed photo from The Cenation Leader himself

Literally the first thing included in any collector's edition that's made me go, "Huh, that's kind of cool." I wouldn't spend $150 on it (I wouldn't spend $1 on this game) but I can see why someone might.

exemp30

Why don't they include a chair anymore? Kinda but not really bummed the switch version isn't getting this but I can understand why.

Dude if you don't want the game then get the fuck out, but there's no need to comment here to promote fire pro. Shits not even available on console, what are you really doing here? Are u seriously comparing some 2d early access game to this? Don't give money to yukes but pay for an unfinished product that's only available on PC? Really?

tie0uoy5.gif

Hasney

Literally the first thing included in any collector's edition that's made me go, "Huh, that's kind of cool." I wouldn't spend $150 on it (I wouldn't spend $1 on this game) but I can see why someone might.

It was in the NXT one too, from Takeover Brooklyn.

15 years of APPLE DOUGH

I've still got GameStop credit, think I'll give Vince my money this year

I just want 6-8 player royal rumble online, is that toooooooo much to ask for?

Top Bottom