• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K18 Collector's Edition announced - 15 Years of Cena

Where is my two decades of kane edition though?

They're going to wait until he wins his mayoral campaign first. They don't want to dedicate so many resources to a loser (awaits Finn Balor jokes)

Yes, his logo is a flame.
And yes, his campaign slogan is "Lighting the way towards our future"

kanejrfire.gif

With Reward certs and GCU I got it down to the same price as the deluxe at Best Buy. Last year they over ordered on the NXT edition of the game and cancelled mine the day of. They ended up giving me the Digital Deluxe version for free. Hopefully this one actually makes it to me.

meppi

This might be a bit off topic, but where did all the Japanese wrestling games go?

There were quite a lot on the PS2 but after that pretty much nothing as far as I know. :(

Hasney

This might be a bit off topic, but where did all the Japanese wrestling games go?

There were quite a lot on the PS2 but after that pretty much nothing as far as I know. :(

New Fire Pro just came out on PC, but Japanese wrestling in general had a massive downturn. NJPW is just recovering over the last 5 years or so. NOAH and AJPW are still around, but shells of their former selves.

Shauni

There's no way Cena is actually signing 30,000 of these.

If the bonus was him personally coming to every person's house who bought this for dinner, he'd do it. You can say everything in the world about the man, but he is a machine. Only other wrestlers I would say that ever went as much as him was Taker and Angle, but Taker was plagued with injuries and Kurt Angle should be dead. Cena has been incredibly lucky with injuries

ShadyK54

Of course it's Cena. Cool choice of event for the mat to come from, though. That match was hype to watch live.

Should've waited until after Summerslam to cut the mat to commemorate the record breaking 17th win. :p

shanafan

Of course it's Cena. Cool choice of event for the mat to come from, though. That match was hype to watch live.

Should've waited until after Summerslam to cut the mat to commemorate the record breaking 17th win. :p

Cena hasn't won at Summerslam since 2010 IIRC ;)

Oh man, an edition celebrating the 15 year gradual decline in the product

c49fhgW.gif

I bet there's a secret $200 edition that comes with a map that leads you to the burial site of Wade Barrett's career

My god, did I get a laugh out of that.

But seriously... I was excited for the Collector's Edition reveal. Then it just HAD to be Cena... I wish they would have held off on an Undertaker Edition until this year. It could have been a nice recap of his career. They blew their load a bit too early on that one.

Only with kids.

He was essentially a cleaner Hulk Hogan. Wrestled the same match, always won against more popular and better wrestlers, and regularly buried potential up-and-comers (RIP Wade Barrett).

Within the last few years however something or someone lit a fire under his ass and he's been putting on really good matches.

Or maybe it just feels that way because Roman Reigns is infinitely worse.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Cena nuff of this franchise to know I want no more from it

Fire Pro will scratch my wrasslin itch

2K did mention on Twitter that the only difference between this and the Deluxe edition are the physical items and the Supercards...

I just hope that the ECWONS version of Cena has that cool entrance he did in the event.

I'm a big fan of Cena, but there is no way I'm going to allow myself to spend $229CAD on this. That action figure barely looks like him, and as cool of a moment as that title win was, a photograph of it is not worth that much. The only items I'm interested in are the alts for Cena and Angle, and both are available in the Deluxe.

I usually always get the CE, but I'll probably pass this year. There's just no way to justify the cost with these items.

cordy

Banned
To people who haven't watched in years, Cena stopped overcoming the odds around 3 years ago after that Lesnar squash match. Since then he's been beaten clean by a good amount of top guys. If you're a top dude, chances are you'll beat Cena clean if you face him. Make no mistake, he still wins a great amount of times but he's been beaten clean by Ambrose, Owens, Wyatt, Styles, Bryan, Del Rio of all people, it's a good amount.

The new Guy who's never beaten clean (without controversy) is

220px-Roman_Reigns_Tribute_to_the_Troops_2016.jpg

Da Big Dawg.

shanafan

I'm a big fan of Cena, but there is no way I'm going to allow myself to spend $229CAD on this. That action figure barely looks like him, and as cool of a moment as that title win was, a photograph of it is not worth that much. The only items I'm interested in are the alts for Cena and Angle, and both are available in the Deluxe.

I usually always get the CE, but I'll probably pass this year. There's just no way to justify the cost with these items.

Honesty, yeah you're right. You are just paying what, $60 more for the physical stuff since it all comes in the Deluxe.

shanafan

To people who haven't watched in years, Cena stopped overcoming the odds around 3 years ago after that Lesnar squash match. Since then he's been beaten clean bu a good amount of top guys. If you're a top dude, chances are you'll beat Cena clean if you face him. Make no mistake, he still wins a great amount of times but he's been beaten clean by Ambrose, Owens, Wyatt, Styles, Bryan, Del Rio of all people, it's a good amount.

Da Big Dawg.

Seth beat him clean at Money in the Bank 2016 ;)

Unless you want to call that punishment for Roman's recent suspension at the time.

cordy

Banned
Seth beat him clean at Money in the Bank 2016 ;)

Unless you want to call that punishment for Roman's recent suspension at the time.

Yeah I didn't wanna name that due to that controversy surrounding it sadly. Crazy to imagine that Roman doping up helped Rollins, Ambrose and Balor all get clean wins over him around that time.

Balb

To people who haven't watched in years, Cena stopped overcoming the odds around 3 years ago after that Lesnar squash match. Since then he's been beaten clean by a good amount of top guys. If you're a top dude, chances are you'll beat Cena clean if you face him. Make no mistake, he still wins a great amount of times but he's been beaten clean by Ambrose, Owens, Wyatt, Styles, Bryan, Del Rio of all people, it's a good amount.

Da Big Dawg.

Not denying what you said but I started watching PPVs again recently and in the most recent PPV Cena went Super Cena and beat Rusev in the most stereotypical Cena way. I respect what he does to some degree but I can't point to many truly great matches that Cena has been in and carried. His defenders mainly cite the amount of money he makes for the company and the amount of years he's had on top but as a fan I can't point to many matches or promos that I think Cena really excelled at.

cordy

Banned
Not denying what you said but I started watching PPVs again recently and in the most recent PPV Cena went Super Cena and beat Rusev in the most stereotypical Cena way. I respect what he does to some degree but I can't point to many truly great matches that Cena has been in and carried. His defenders mainly cite the amount of money he makes for the company and the amount of years he's had on top but as a fan I can't point to many matches or promos that I think Cena really excelled at.

Battleground's actually been called arguably the worst WWE ppv since 2006's December To Dismember. It's all-around been bad and that was actually Cena's big return match since WM in April. That's not really a good match to look at when talking about current Cena. Look at the Styles matches he had or the Owens matches, Rollins matches, he's had a lot of great matches these past few years. Here's some essential ones that should be watched.

- Cena vs Rollins vs Lesnar - Royal Rumble 2015
- Cena vs Bryan - Summerslam 2013
- Cena vs Rollins - Summerslam 2015
- Cena vs Styles - Royal Rumble 2017
- Cena vs Styles - Summerslam 2016
- Cena vs Owens - Elimination Chamber 2015
- Cena vs Owens - Money in the Bank 2015
- Cena vs Ambrose vs Styles - No Mercy 2016
- Cena vs Cesaro - Raw 2015 (US Open Challenge)
- Cena vs Punk - Raw 2013 (Winner faces Rock at WM)

Hasney

BUT THE US FLAG WAS ON THE FLOOR AND WE CAN ONLY ASSUME THAT AN ANT WIPED IT'S ASS ON IT

Top Bottom