• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X-Men: Days of Future Past -- Trailer #3 (Final)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-V-B

I stopped playing it a third of the way through. It's really good, really really good, but I got the feeling it was about to spoil every scene in the film.

shira

You're a cold hearted bi....

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

Spinluck

Repost from the other thread lol:

That trailer caught me off guard, really different tone from the one they were initially selling.

Looks good though.

Surprised no one has gif'd Magneto effortlessly tossing those guards aside, it was in the other trailer too, so badass.

injurai

Banned
seeing the length of this trailer I sort of don't want to watch it. I'll be seeing this in theaters for sure.

hmmmm is the first 3 movies worth rewatching? seen them ages ago... i dont remember liking 3 much.

wonder how they age.

I just watched everything bar origins. I'd do that. Feel free to skip X3 if you remember it's plot, but it's worth revisiting for Magneto's plot progress.

A-V-B

1's good, not anything incredible. It has aged some. X2 is pretty badass. The Last Stand is bad.

X1 is pretty good. A little dated? Yeah, maybe, but solid nonetheless, and an enjoyable "beginning" film. X2 is a lot of fun. Everything after that, up until first class, thou shalt not speak the names.

It was good and I am hyped for the movie. But it was a liiittle to Wolverine centric for me. The 2nd trailer gave me a bit of hope that it would be less so.

bfwings55

I hope they explain how Magneto got captured between First Class and this film. Also, where did Emma Frost go?

According to marketing material, he was seen by the grassy knoll at the Kennedy assassination and was taken in because they were suspicious he had something to do with it.

Loved the trailer. Got me even more hyped than i already was. Now, why the hell is Young Xavier walking again? would love to know how.

That trailer seemed off. The tone of the previous trailers has been rather dark and foreboding whereas this one seems somewhat lighthearted. The cover of Kashmir seemed really out of place as well.

Gorillaz

How the fuck is Young Xavier walking again?

I was literally going to say the same thing.

As fucked up as the xmen lore is right now, I have a feeling this movie will take it to a whole new level. I can't see Singer tying up all loose ends in this and it's obvious that is what they are doing

The only explanation that I can think of for walking Xavier, that would also explain future Xavier's appearance, is that as part of his telepathic powers he has the ability to change how the minds of those around him see him.

It would explain how Xavier looks like Patrick Stewart again, even though X3 ended with him moving his consciousness to that other body.

Young Xavier might be embarrassed by his disability and might try to hide it from others. That'd be a pretty dumb explanation though.

At people asking why Xavier can walk again. There was a small mention in the old Xmen TV show about Charles going through physical therapy. Maybe that's what's happening in this movie also.

You shmucks can look at the one cerebro shot in the trailer and see Charles coming inside in the chair. The parts where he's walking are probably a projection.

TUROK

This is what I love about the non-Marvel Studios films. They take the source material so seriously. It feels more like grounded sci-fi than a comic book adaptation (although that element is still present).

Kashmir was an awful song-choice for this, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom