• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X-Men: Days of Future Past -- Trailer #3 (Final)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plot point from The Wolverine.

Though I'm not sure why he would still have them in the past, unless he himself travels through time instead of his consciousness.
Wait a minute...then if he travels through time, what happen to the past Wolverine???
Past is the 70s, before Stryker takes Woverine and injects him full of adamantium.

Looks like the International Trailer has a couple different shots interspersed throughout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s18fghqAbRU

Edit, I'm also getting a sneaking suspicion we're going to find out the First Class continuity is actually a completely different universe than the main Singer films. I could be wrong, but I could see it happening, especially if "Age of Apocalypse" is a direction we're going to be going next.

Hey Singer.

gWbaYEi.jpg

Don't fix what ain't broke.

Hey Singer.

gWbaYEi.jpg

Don't fix what ain't broke.
Why do robots need eight-pack abs?

This is the same universe where Wolverine asks if they call Xavier 'Wheels' because the other comic book shit sounds ridiculous in a film where you open up with Auschwitz.

It really shouldn't be that hard to remember the context of these films.

Sentinels is DofP look more realistic/believable as something a company would design.

Replicant

Looks like the International Trailer has a couple different shots interspersed throughout.

Edit, I'm also getting a sneaking suspicion we're going to find out the First Class continuity is actually a completely different universe than the main Singer films. I could be wrong, but I could see it happening, especially if "Age of Apocalypse" is a direction we're going to be going next.

FUCK YEAH! That's even better. I'm fucking hyped now.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status

Yo, this looks good.

Kimosabae

Banned
Why do robots need eight-pack abs?

Sentinels is DofP look more realistic/believable as something a company would design.

Glad you find giant robots in the 70's built from decommissioned Dirt Devils to be believable.

Should have put a huge vacuum tube in his chest instead of an air vent. Would have made just as much sense, considering the time-period.

G-Fex

It's weird when people judge trailers not on their usefulness as an advertisement, but their utility as a 2:30min version of the movie.

"there's too much comedy, not enough melodrama."

Well - that's what THE MOVIE is for, isn't it?

"but the last trailer had all that screaming and crying and shit."

So I guess you know that's going to be IN THE MOVIE THEN, don't you.

there used to be a critic for trailers.

As you can imagine, it was the worst thing ever. And he is probably the worst person ever.

Replicant

Seriously, why are the international trailers always just a LITTLE bit better than the domestic ones?

I know right? I can't stop replaying the last 80 sec of that trailer over and over again. This is madness. I think it's the way the music sync so well with the imagery.

*goes off to watch it again*

WOW!!!!!!

The movie looks fantastic!

Yeah I am wondering about Xavier walking, beast not blue and that Quicksilver is probably not Magneto's son. Regardless there is absolutely nothing they can do to make it worse than what X3 did.

Cyclops better be brought back by the end of this.

I just said this in the other topic but it seems this is the main one so.

This was actually my least favorite of the three trailers...

I really want the movie to be good but I'm fearing that it's going to be hilarious.

Trailer makes the plot feel like Oceans Eleven or Inception or some "choose your team and steal the gold" type of deal.

I hope that after the future scenes, the re-introductions, breaking Magneto out of prison....there is still enough time left over for an actually story.

Toa TAK

Banned
I think he goes by the something athiest on youtube. He used to go by movie trailer critic or some shit for a while. Either way he's a horrible douche

Okay, wrong dude.

Also, on the topic of International Trailers, don't they tend to be a bit shorter, too?

didn't have the whole stadium falling on the middle of the street.
so domestic actually looks better

Well what I should have said was *unintentionally*.

The laugh-lines I saw in the trailer looked intentional to me.

If anything the previous trailer was so sturm-und-drang that the possibility of unintentional comedy seemed higher BEFORE this ad came out.

But that aspect is ALWAYS going to be there I think, no matter what. I mean, Quicksilver is GOING to be in the movie. There's no getting around that :)

Trike

I am calling it now, the most entertaining part of the movie will be Wolverine visiting the old X-Men team in the 70s. Also Quicksilver didn't seem as embarrassing in motion.

Jean died. Cyclops dropped his glasses and in opening his eyes while crawling around on the ground to look for them, tunneled to the center of the Earth, where he currently resides.

Thank you for that. It is both depressingly accurate and made me laugh until I cried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom