• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X-Men: Days of Future Past -- Trailer #3 (Final)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real Cyclops

N6VLebw.jpg

Volimar

Hey Lionel remember that time Mystique polluted the Cerebro fluid thing to kill xavier? Her brother? ;)

Remember that time she was talking to her kid Nightcrawler that she had with a demon guy back when she was a little girl in Xavier's house? Or in this movie where they go and find Magneto's super fast kid who is like maybe 10 years younger than Magneto? Or how about Havoc who is the younger brother of Scott Summers but is about 5-10 years younger than he is in Xmen 1?

Daft_Cat

Edit, I'm also getting a sneaking suspicion we're going to find out the First Class continuity is actually a completely different universe than the main Singer films. I could be wrong, but I could see it happening, especially if "Age of Apocalypse" is a direction we're going to be going next.

I think it's
all but confirmed that this film will cause some sort of split timeline of continuity, similar to Abrams Trek reboot.

G-Fex

Remember that time she was talking to her kid Nightcrawler that she had with a demon guy back when she was a little girl in Xavier's house? Or in this movie where they go and find Magneto's super fast kid who is like maybe 10 years younger than Magneto? Or how about Havoc who is the younger brother of Scott Summers but is about 5-10 years younger than he is in Xmen 1?

even metal gear doesn't have continuity this out of proportion

Yeah, this is the main reason why I disliked First Class. Instead of a clean reboot, they tried to fit everything together into one cohesive continuity and it makes no fucking sense. Mystique acts like she doesn't give a damn about anything that happens to Xavier and doesn't speak a word to him in the first 3 movies. It's completely insane to reconcile that with what we know of their relationship in First Class.

Prompto

Banned
Magneto in the film series was born in the 30's which would make him around 40 years old in Days of Future Past. Its feasible for him to have a teenage son.

overcast

Looking good aside from the strange music choice.

Please bring back Cyclops and Jean at the end or something. Please tell me they're just hiding it.

Ashhong

Very different vibe from the other trailers but that is good IMO. Still loved it and I think it looks awesome. Can't wait!

Movie Mystique costume is up there with one of the crappiest ever, right next to James Franco Mountain Dew Goblin and Liberace Two-Face in Batman Forever.

G-Fex

Movie Mystique costume is up there with one of the crappiest ever, right next to James Franco Mountain Dew Goblin and Liberace Two-Face in Batman Forever.

I love Two-face in Batman forever he's perfect

...really? Rebecca Romijn's paint and pasties looked crappy?

...this is an opinion people possess?

Well she normally has a subtle white dress but I guess that wasn't a thing.

Great trailer, I'm game!

Questions though:
Xavier was walking at one point
And I think Wolverine had bone claws in one scene? What's up with that? If it's from The Wolverine don't tell me, I'm going to watch it soon

Effect

I guess the other thread isn't being merged. Will just repost what I said in the other one.

I really enjoyed this new one and it looks like we're going to get X-men vs Sentinel fights in both the future and past. I think they've been lying as well about Quicksilver's screen time. The way they've been pushing him leading up to this film makes me think he's going to be playing a significantly larger role then anyone expects.

I guess the other thread isn't being merged. Will just repost what I said in the other one.

I really enjoyed this new one and it looks like we're going to get X-men vs Sentinel fights in both the future and past. I think they've been lying as well about Quicksilver's screen time. The way they've been pushing him leading up to this film makes me think he's going to be playing a significantly larger role then anyone expects.

Possibly. they are being dodgy about quite a lot
I think there's a big chunk of the film we haven't seen yet
for example Toad was on that EW cover and we haven't seen anything of him at all

Possibly. they are being dodgy about quite a lot
I think there's a big chunk of the film we haven't seen yet
for example Toad was on that EW cover and we haven't seen anything of him at all

This is a good thing. Leave something for the cinema.

I'd love for somebody to stitch Sony's marketing footage together, just to make a point as to how much of the film we've already seen.

ehh not really feeling it. I didn't like first class at all and it carries over into this movie. X1-2 was good. Everything afterward sucked balls. Haven't watched the latest wolverine but I feel like it will be at least decent in comparison to all the xmen movies after x2.

AMUSIX

To everyone asking why Xavier is walking: It's pretty much outlined in the trailer...but, just in case you want to be surprised in the movie...

it is most likely that Mystique is Xavier in that scene...heck, the trailer has the 'we're gonna need mystique' line right before the Magneto breakout.

This is a good thing. Leave something for the cinema.

I'd love for somebody to stitch Sony's marketing footage together, just to make a point as to how much of the film we've already seen.

True enough

First Class was the same way. IIRC they showed a lot of the training/team building montage and a some of the climax, but nothing of the hellfire club/ magneto's nazi hunting/ the pentagon (or whatever) scenes

To everyone asking why Xavier is walking: It's pretty much outlined in the trailer...but, just in case you want to be surprised in the movie...

it is most likely that Mystique is Xavier in that scene...heck, the trailer has the 'we're gonna need mystique' line right before the Magneto breakout.

possibly
She would also have reason to punch out Mags. But honestly I like walking, sassy Xavier, so I hope...

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'll give you JLaw's Mystique. But Romijn's Mystique?

ibmKMKjNS0Vaum.gif

Would it be incredibly stupid if i say this is the first time i've noticed her doing the middle finger.

or maybe i watched some edited version of the movie (?)

It was after Vietnam I thought.

Ah, yeah. You're right. I'd forgotten he was at Vietnam too. And if I'm not mistaken, he gets the adamantium claws just before the three mile Island incident, so that puts it somewhere in 1979...

You need to forget about Origins. That made Ratt's film seem good.

I don't know, TLS is all kinds of awful. Like really, really bad. Not that Origins is any better, but TLS is a special kind of awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTFCek9iRqE

I think you need to be reminded of just how amazingly dreadful X3 was.

Exactly. Terrible movie. I'm glad it's being retcon out of the universe.

overcast

Really worried about the increased focus on Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique. I just don't think she has it in her to play the part convincingly, she was terrible in First Class.

I wonder how the whole thing will work. I've never read the comics, but I wonder who will be part of the respective sides after this one, going into Apocalypse.

Also, Beast looks much better than in First Class which makes me happy.

Famassu

Why are the Sentinels so small? And why can Wolverine take one on by himself? I haven't read too many comics in the last 10 years, but I've had the impression that the Sentinels were massive and extremely dangerous in a way that if someone tried to just attack them head on, they wouldn't come out of the situation alive/unharmed.

Mr_Zombie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTFCek9iRqE

I think you need to be reminded of just how amazingly dreadful X3 was.

I always wondered, why did they include Juggernout in that movie. I know that the movie universe is full of inconsistences, but Juggernout not being a mutant, and instead being a mutant hater, is a basic info. So including him fighting alongside Magneto seemed really weird. :/

Why are the Sentinels so small? And why can Wolverine take one on by himself? I haven't read too many comics in the last 10 years, but I've had the impression that the Sentinels were massive and extremely dangerous in a way if someone tried to just attack them head on, they wouldn't come out of the situation alive/unharmed.

I always found Sentinels being so huge (they were the size of a block of flat in the cartoon) as a stupid design. In a "realistic" environment, having them moving around a city would quickly lead to a disaster, lots of damaged properties and civilians being stepped on. Them being only slightly bigger than a human is much more useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom