• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X-Men: Days of Future Past -- Trailer #3 (Final)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure they are Sculli.

He projected that punch against Magneto's face
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png
Maybe Wolverine punched him in the spine TDKR style.

Dead Man

That looks... better than I expected. Still see plenty of things I don't like, but I'm not a fan of time travel stories anyway, so it looks about as good as I could hope, I think. Looking forward to seeing some Sentinel action.

Hey Lionel remember that time Mystique polluted the Cerebro fluid thing to kill xavier? Her brother? ;)

I've just given up on continuity. It is like a genuine comic story now, continuity is all fucked up. I try and just see each movie as a self contained thing that may have some of the same actors playing the same characters, but not in any sort of shared universe.

agrajag

Banned
I don't read comics, so I have a question about Sentinels. Aren't they tailor-made for Magneto to fuck them up all sorta ways?

Ri'Orius

Xavier has walked and been re-crippled a dozen times by now. No biggie. Frankly if anything the question should always be why he hasn't had Beast or Forge or Elixir or anyone else get him fixed, either medically or with cybernetics.

Xavier walking isn't the nonsensical part, Xavier being crippled for more than a week is.

I'm pretty hyped for this movie; I enjoyed Cap 2, but X-Men's always been more up my alley!

This trailer just reminded me that I haven't seen any toys come out for this movie. I have seen Amazing Spider-Man and Winter Solider toys at the store and I have seen pics of the Guardians of the Galaxy set they will release, but nothing for this nor anything in a quick Google search.

I don't think there are any problems with licensing since there were Wolverine Origins toys out there and it is Hasbro's call I would imagine. Do X-Men toys not sell well anymore? I know most of these designs are either mopey future black stuff or generic 70's clothes, but I would love to see some figures out there for Bishop or Blink as they actually look quite good.

Blader

McAvoy and Singer have said that Charles' walking or lack thereof is a plot point. It's part of his arc; no one has forgotten the ending of First Class.

trilobyte

I'm pretty much sure that the movie will play on alternate realities created by time jumping.

Only reason to explain the continuity problems.

side note: did Wolverines claws looked like bone instead of metal?

Rojo

So people are just going to ignore my mention of Charles possibly being in Physical therapy?

I believe in the comics he could walk as well the catch was that it takes up about half his power to do so so he accepted his dissability for more power.

DMczaf

I liked the first two trailers more. This one felt like they were trying to sell it to kids and people who bitch about trailers not telling them the plot.

Kinda thought '98's Godzilla retired all usage of Kashmir in a trailer. Was surprised to hear it.

Trailer, for being almost 3 minutes long, still feels like nothing but set-up. So that's pretty good for people worried that they're going to be spoiled by a commercial. I don't think there's anything in this that gives away information that is more than just part of the general premise.

Looks a little more fun than the previous trailer, so that's okay. Everyone remembers X2 as being really serious, but it's actually probably the funniest of the four, too.

I'm a little more curious about this now than I was with the previous "EVERYONE SCREAM AT THE SKY AND CRY AT SHIT" trailer.

Wish to God they'd just put the mask on Wolverine at some point, though. Just for the fuck of it.

G-Fex

Kinda thought '98's Godzilla retired all usage of Kashmir in a trailer. Was surprised to hear it.

Trailer, for being almost 3 minutes long, still feels like nothing but set-up. So that's pretty good for people worried that they're going to be spoiled by a commercial. I don't think there's anything in this that gives away information that is more than just part of the general premise.

Looks a little more fun than the previous trailer, so that's okay. Everyone remembers X2 as being really serious, but it's actually probably the funniest of the four, too.

I'm a little more curious about this now than I was with the previous "EVERYONE SCREAM AT THE SKY AND CRY AT SHIT" trailer.

Wish to God they'd just put the mask on Wolverine at some point, though. Just for the fuck of it.

A masked wolverine would be a neat sight.

It's too good to be true.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Trailer reminded me a lot of the saturday morning cartoon. Im in.

But those sentinels still look trash.

It's weird when people judge trailers not on their usefulness as an advertisement, but their utility as a 2:30min version of the movie.

"there's too much comedy, not enough melodrama."

Well - that's what THE MOVIE is for, isn't it?

"but the last trailer had all that screaming and crying and shit."

So I guess you know that's going to be IN THE MOVIE THEN, don't you.

kurahador

side note: did Wolverines claws looked like bone instead of metal?

Plot point from The Wolverine.

Though I'm not sure why he would still have them in the past, unless he himself travels through time instead of his consciousness.
Wait a minute...then if he travels through time, what happen to the past Wolverine???

Toa TAK

Banned
My hype is through the fucking roof. Please deliver, Singer!

Also, just like John Carter, I approve of the use of the orchestrated Kashmir song.

J10

Banned
Plot point from The Wolverine.

Though I'm not sure why he would still have them in the past, unless he himself travels through time instead of his consciousness.

The past would be the 70s, but he got the metal in the 80's. I think.

Loofy

Wait.. is this movie following the cartoon or no?

Cartoon spoilers.
Mystic is the villain?

And those sentinels looks stoopid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom