• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X360 dashboard update preview invites going out NOW. Who got in?

Turbo

Neo Member
@The Faceless Master
Didn't engadget just get it according to OP? I don't understand what you are saying? Do you mean someone at neogaf?

this guy

Speedymanic said:
Couple of videos from Kotaku

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBKBUD1iytY

New Dash Features
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOQ9jeXs6sk
The Warthog RC car in the first video was pretty neat, but why doesn't it show up on the dashboard? I mean, where the hell else would you get to show it off? I guess its only purpose is to rob you of 320 points.

It's kind of annoying how in the second video the guy is pointing out how party info and messages show up on the top right corner of the screen when that has been a feature since NXE came out.

this guy said:
It's kind of annoying how in the second video the guy is pointing out how party info and messages show up on the top right corner of the screen when that has been a feature since NXE came out.

That really is a terrible video. Half the stuff he talks about was there before. Someone needs to redo that video. It is bad. Really bad.

this guy said:
The Warthog RC car in the first video was pretty neat, but why doesn't it show up on the dashboard? I mean, where the hell else would you get to show it off? I guess its only purpose is to rob you of 320 points.

It shows up under the my Xbox tab, it doesn't show up when viewing your avatar from the friends tab...so yeah, pretty pointless/waste of money/points.

Cindres said:
I still don't care what's in it if they don;t add 16:10 support ¬_¬
You don't even know what you're complaining about. Ever since the NXE it properly displays the native 16:9 image on a 16:10 screen. You want it to go back to being stretched and distorted, and for that you are a crazy person.

Cindres said:
I still don't care what's in it if they don;t add 16:10 support ¬_¬

I thought that was already in? Unless you're talking about actually filling up the screen and not being stretched, which would seem to be a game resolution issue, not a system issue.

oh, and MrHicksFuck?.jpg

TheFallen

Kuroyume said:
That much for a Halo Warthog? That's ridiculous.
Should make that crap 10,000 points, so we don't see parties filled with 4 annoying RC Warthogs. Maybe that won't happen anyway, from the way it disappeared in the video.

Turbo said:
@The Faceless Master
Didn't engadget just get it according to OP? I don't understand what you are saying? Do you mean someone at neogaf?
i meant people who signed up for the preview, not the media.

soul creator said:
I thought that was already in? Unless you're talking about actually filling up the screen and not being stretched, which would seem to be a game resolution issue, not a system issue.

oh, and MrHicksFuck?.jpg
maybe he meant 1920x1200

engadget said:
We know they're still working the kinks out, but there seems to be noticeable slowdown when shifting between pages, something we've never noticed before in the NXE.
If the Dash gets any slower the 360 won't be worth using.

FFChris

Animations for each item? That's pretty impressive.

Edit: Switching up and down seems faster than before in the youtube video, yet the first page impressions say it's slower. Odd.

Nothing for me either, i don't think this update is going to bring lot of new features unlike the last one, except for some improvements. Might as well wait for the next one that includes that Facebook and other apps coming for the dashboard.

NeoGIF

I'm guessing the Media gets first glimpse today, and we'll probably start getting notifications on Monday.

Costanza

Banned
Guessing we'll start seeing this stuff go live at 5 AM EST-ish if they're going active today. Keep an eye out, guys.

I signed up. As a recently converted 360 owner it would be nice to try out. However I don't think it is worth staying up for considering I have work in the morning.

Blueblur1

SPACECADET said:
Nothing yet here. Last time when they did the beta for nxe I didn't get in till the last wave.
Same here. I'm not even expecting to be in the first wave, honestly. I just hope a GAF'er uploads a better video of the new stuff than Crecente's shaky cam video.

MoogPaul

I signed up way early for the last update and didn't get it. I think they were hating because my router was an apple airtunes.

Every time this thread is bumped I check my emails, only to find the thread was bumped by someone who hasn't had an email yet.

This post brought to you by hypocrisy

Not expecting to get in, I have a Terrible-ly mediocre Internet connection, No Netflix.. I do 'Play' My Xbox every day though..

Walshicus

Subliminal42 said:
Not expecting to get in, I have a Terrible-ly mediocre Internet connection, No Netflix.. I do 'Play' My Xbox every day though..
If this is a last minute real-world test then they don't WANT you to have a perfect setup - they want to see the edge cases.

Gorki247

Subliminal42 said:
anyone remember what it said before 'Participating' I think it might just say that if you sign up..

Correct. It said 'Participating' from the moment you signed up.

It makes me wonder if you can be "participating" but not actually "get in"... where "participating" means you signed up, but you haven't (and won't) necessarily been "selected"?

My status also says participating, but I signed up way late compared to most of the people I know who tried to get in on this. That's what makes me curious about exactly what "participating" indicates.

corrosivefrost said:
It makes me wonder if you can be "participating" but not actually "get in"... where "participating" means you signed up, but you haven't (and won't) necessarily been "selected"?

My status also says participating, but I signed up way late compared to most of the people I know who tried to get in on this. That's what makes me curious about exactly what "participating" indicates.

I think you're right about the "participating" message on the site but I wouldn't think the timing of your submission would be much of a determining factor of whether or not you're accepted. What they would be looking for is a good cross section of users, so they can root out any possible issues they may have missed before they release the update. First come first serve wouldn't necessarily give them a good sample.

Top Bottom