• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X360 dashboard update preview invites going out NOW. Who got in?

Felix Lighter said:
I think you're right about the "participating" message on the site but I wouldn't think the timing of your submission would be much of a determining factor of whether or not you're accepted. What they would be looking for is a good cross section of users, so they can root out any possible issues they may have missed before they release the update. First come first serve wouldn't necessarily give them a good sample.

This makes a lot of sense... but wasn't the NXE preview last year first come first serve?

Gowans

McBacon said:
Fuuuuuuck, that Monkey Island stuff is gonna make me spend money on this shit :(

yeah, the chicken with pulley will be mine :(

What's the deal with the props, where you do see/use them?

Also I'm participating also, must be everyone who has registered.

xbhaskarx

Gowans007 said:
What's the deal with the props, where you do see/use them?

What do you mean by "use"? I doubt you will actually be able to use them for anything, but I'm sure they'll show up on Friends lists.
I wonder if they'll be visible in 1 vs 100...

Gorki247

xbhaskarx said:
What do you mean by "use"? I doubt you will actually be able to use them for anything, but I'm sure they'll show up on Friends lists.
I wonder if they'll be visible in 1 vs 100...
Almost certain they won't be visible in 1 vs 100. Also, I wonder how your friends will be able to see them, seeing they haven't downloaded them? From what we can see from the previews, you actually download the data and not just an unlock key.

Edit: However, now that I think of it. You can see the objects and animations in the marketplace preview without downloading the stuff, so maybe it won't be a problem after all.

Major Nelson just tweeting the following:

I'll tweet when the emails do start going out. No emails have gone out, and I do not have an ETA on when they will. I'll update later today

The Previw Program notification emails are scheduled to go out today.....I have meeting later today to confirm we are still on schedule.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Participating doesn't mean you got in. They haven't picked who's in yet.

Not sure why everyone is excited today as even if emails do go out today you will still have to wait a day or two like last year.

xbhaskarx

Gorki247 said:
Almost certain they won't be visible in 1 vs 100.

Okay, that makes sense for items like the chicken with pulley, but what about say the Gears/Halo armor?
If it doesn't show up will your avatar be shirtless in 1 vs 100?
And if it does show up, what about the helmets that totally cover up the face?

Gorki247

xbhaskarx said:
Okay, that makes sense for items like the chicken with pulley, but what about say the Gears/Halo armor?
If it doesn't show up will your avatar be shirtless in 1 vs 100?
And if it does show up, what about the helmets that totally cover up the face?
Well, the outfits are just that; outfits. I don't see why they wouldn't show in 1 vs 100, just like the free stuff does.

Blueblur1

I hope no one stayed up last night expecting to get an e-mail so soon. It looks like they might not be on schedule. I thought the e-mails would have gone out by now.

McBacon said:
Fuuuuuuck, that Monkey Island stuff is gonna make me spend money on this shit :(

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. My gamertag is DredPirateStorm, so I HAVE to buy a pirate costume...

*EDIT* More from Major:

majornelsonI can say this about the Preview Program: We still have a bit more room....sign up now: http://tr.im/ufPk

majornelsonIn a few meetings for the next few hours...look for an update on the Preview emails after 6p ET/3p PT today

Cynar

I'm also participating, looking forward to checking my email tonight and hoping I get in. That pirate stuff was amazing. :lol

jonremedy

Stormwatch said:
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. My gamertag is DredPirateStorm, so I HAVE to buy a pirate costume...

*EDIT* More from Major:

majornelsonI can say this about the Preview Program: We still have a bit more room....sign up now: http://tr.im/ufPk

majornelsonIn a few meetings for the next few hours...look for an update on the Preview emails after 6p ET/3p PT today

Does bolded part mean everyone will get in??

jonremedy said:
Does bolded part mean everyone will get in??

Absolutely!
If you are a gold member ;)

Ah well, guess I'll find out at 11pm if they are going to be letting us scummy silver members into their stupid club for jerks.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Cynar said:
I'm also participating, looking forward to checking my email tonight and hoping I get in. That pirate stuff was amazing. :lol
I've been signed up to Connect for ages and "Participating" means bugger all really, so don't get your hopes up just yet.

That said, maybe MS will let a few of us try their latest dash before the masses.
sionyboy said:
Absolutely!
If you are a gold member ;)

Ah well, guess I'll find out at 11pm if they are going to be letting us scummy silver members into their stupid club for jerks.
And remember if you aren't allowed in, you never wanted to join in the first place!

ShogunX

So with this preview program that I have signed up too - Lets say im online later on and I got selected to participate would I just get disconnected from Live and require an update or do you just get sent an email and have to verify from there?

And remember if you aren't allowed in, you never wanted to join in the first place!

Totally, I only signed up because I was tricked into it by them flashly Silverlight ads that are ALL OVER MY ENN ECKS EEE...
sarcasm off

I missed out last year as the announcement went out at about 4am GMT, would be nice to get in this time. Granted there aren't any massive changes, but its still nice to be one of the first.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
sionyboy said:
Totally, I only signed up because I was tricked into it by them flashly Silverlight ads that are ALL OVER MY ENN ECKS EEE...
sarcasm off

I missed out last year as the announcement went out at about 4am GMT, would be nice to get in this time. Granted there aren't any massive changes, but its still nice to be one of the first.
Yep, like anything gaming/tech related, I don't care if the changes aren't even positive, it it's beta, new or changed, I want it.

I hope we all get to play with the new toys, as minor as they may be.

(I Also like Silverlight, don't kill me).

feel

If I get in, I'll be the asshole sending "hey, check out my avatar's halo shirt!" to every person on my friends list. The 95% of them have no idea about this preview (and a bunch probably don't know about avatar store), so it should be fun sending a lot of them in a wild search for a way to get that shirt from the marketplace.

Shogun PaiN said:
So with this preview program that I have signed up too - Lets say im online later on and I got selected to participate would I just get disconnected from Live and require an update or do you just get sent an email and have to verify from there?
If you signed up and are in, you will get the update no matter what.

Parham

Banned
I don't think that "Participating" actually means that someone has been accepted in the program. Just as an example, I signed up for the Shadowrun beta years ago, but I never got accepted. On the Microsoft Connect page it shows this:

Shadowrun | Status:participating ( quit )
New items: no new items

So even though I was never accepted into the Shadowrun beta, the page currently lists me as "Participating".

Gorki247

Letters said:
If I get in, I'll be the asshole sending "hey, check out my avatar's halo shirt!" to every person on my friends list. The 95% of them have no idea about this preview (and a bunch probably don't know about avatar store), so it should be fun sending a lot of them in a wild search for a way to get that shirt from the marketplace.
Except that those without the preview update won't be able to see your funky new avatar shirt; unless you point them to your xbox.com profile.

feel

Gorki247 said:
Except that those without the preview update won't be able to see your funky new avatar shirt; unless you point them to your xbox.com profile.
28h0dno.jpg

If the NXE preview program was any indication, then the update will be rolling out to the chosen ones on Wednesday afternoon. The update always went out the day after the e-mail was sent during all three waves of the NXE preview.

This isn't confirmed, but I'm pretty sure that if you were in the NXE preview, you'll be chosen for the first wave.

i keep checking my email. since major nelson said there was still more room, i'm gonna be let down if i don't get in :(

i think the props issue about not showing up, was crecente was in a party. it might only show up when you're alone on the friends list.

feel

Anyone know if it's true they plan on deleting old inactive xbox1 gamertags?

I read somewhere that that would happen around the time of this 360 update.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Stormwatch said:

If it didn't keep hanging for me on Firefox, I'd sign up.

Seems MS hates Mac's and Firefox. :lol

Lothars

Letters said:

I really hope so, I read that as well and I really want to change my gamertag to my first gamertag from xbox1.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
TheFallen said:
Worked fine for me with a Mac and Firefox.

I'm using old 1.0 of DeerPark (which was... Firefox 2, IIRC). Too lazy to update to Firefox 3.0 or whatever the hell version it is now.:lol

Persona7

Banned
Shogun PaiN said:
They push the update to your system based off the serial code and the other console specific code you entered during the submission form.

If your accepted you get the update next time you turn on your xbox.

Kayos

Neo Member
Letters said:

Do you recall where you read that?

Has any mention been made as to whether there are negative effects of participating (like last year's preview making it so you couldn't play on live until the update went live)?

Top Bottom