• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X360 dashboard update preview invites going out NOW. Who got in?

JesseZao

BigNastyCurve said:
Because if those bastards buy that stuff, then every little thing will cost. You wait, eventually it'll cost you a quarter to even boot your system. That's the way we're heading.

I know you're joking...but seriously. Tinfoilhat.gif

I also don't support the paid clothes just like I bawked at the Home clothes. Bring on the free rewards!

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
MS, please fix the Game Library so it shows the last disc based games I've played! Fucking bleeding A!

Darkmakaimura said:
MS, please fix the Game Library so it shows the last disc based games I've played! Fucking bleeding A!

What's the big deal about that? Do you really need to see the box art of the last three disc based games you've played?

I kinda like that it shows the last 3 games that I've played in my actual library. But either way, I don't really give a fuck. They can get rid of all that bullshit if they could actually speed up the fucking NXE.

Rorschach

Domino Theory said:
Like that's going to magically undo the 400 points they spent?
No. Who cares about the points.

Mr. Durden said:
Yeah because the way the people in your friendslist spend their own money really is your concern.... oh wait. If hey would buy every single item in the Avatar Marketplace... who gives a damn, it's their money. Do you think you're 'better' than them because you don't give your money to the big and evil corporations or something like that? Grow up
I may not be better than them, but I have a crowded list and I need to get rid of people. This makes it easier to weed out people I probably have nothing in common with and wouldn't really want to associate with.

And the same argument could be turned around: why do you care what I do with my friends list? Grow up!

Princess Skittles said:
Fight the corporations.

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHN.
Has nothing to do with corporations. If I was MS, I'd make them 10 bucks and rake in the dough from all the suckers still willing to pay.

Rorschach said:
I may not be better than them, but I have a crowded list and I need to get rid of people. This makes it easier to weed out people I probably have nothing in common with and wouldn't really want to associate with.

And the same argument could be turned around: why do you care what I do with my friends list? Grow up!
So if some really nice guy/chick with which you play a lot of online games just happened to bought a lightsaber because he/she thinks it's funny you delete him/her from your friendslist 'just because'. That's just plain stupid, I'm sorry.

orion434

godhandiscen said:
Where can I see this is my gamercard? It doesn't show it at all.

If it doesn't show it means you've been a member for less than a year, it will show on your card a little to the right in the "gold" upper-portion of your card. Some people have reported with a lapse in membership it sometimes reverts to the last renew... so say you were a member for 3 years then took a year off and then renewed and now have been a member for a year it will show just 1 year. I've read that changing your gamertag could also affect your veteran level.

All of you complaining about the marketplace for avatars would instantly buy something that is from something you love. Point being.. if your favorite band had some stuff up there to buy.. you would drop the points. Or a hobby that you love. My wife thought it was all cute until she saw the camera.. .since she love photography she had to have that one.

Outside of a couple of the items being way overpriced the vast majority of the stuff is fine.. Not something I will buy all the time but hey, if they throw up some stuff that I love I dont think I could refuse.

LiK

bigGIRLSblouse said:
All of you complaining about the marketplace for avatars would instantly buy something that is from something you love. Point being.. if your favorite band had some stuff up there to buy.. you would drop the points. Or a hobby that you love. My wife thought it was all cute until she saw the camera.. .since she love photography she had to have that one.

Outside of a couple of the items being way overpriced the vast majority of the stuff is fine.. Not something I will buy all the time but hey, if they throw up some stuff that I love I dont think I could refuse.

stop making sense! :p

DungeonO

They need to put some sports jerseys up. Sure they'd be overpriced, but I think I just may be willing to pay 5 dollars for a Penguins jersey.

LiK

DungeonO said:
They need to put some sports jerseys up. Sure they'd be overpriced, but I think I just may be willing to pay 5 dollars for a Penguins jersey.

i bet they're coming... i would get the Sox and Pats ones :D

Watched Lost yesterday with the new Netflix- I love how bandwidth drops are handled now.

It's really a phenomenal change, Netflix is somehow even better now.

feel

Darkmakaimura said:
They have been showing for me again the last couple of days. I thought it was fixed on the 11 when the update finally came out for everyone?

Also, being able to turn off friends logging-in notifications while still maintaining the achievements and message ones, is long overdue Microsoft!!!!

JDeluis

Angry_Gorilla said:
Watched Lost yesterday with the new Netflix- I love how bandwidth drops are handled now.

It's really a phenomenal change, Netflix is somehow even better now.

I agree. This is the best part of the update if you use Netflix a lot. It use to be so annoying when it had to drop the quality. It took so damn long to buffer up the video. I especially like the fact that if it drops the quality and your bandwidth increases it will switch to higher quality video.

LiK

Letters said:
They have been showing for me again the last couple of days. I thought it was fixed on the 11 when the update finally came out for everyone?

Also, being able to turn off friends logging-in notifications while still maintaining the achievements and message ones, is long overdue Microsoft!!!!

i did not know this, thanks!

Dunlop

Mr. Durden said:
So if some really nice guy/chick with which you play a lot of online games just happened to bought a lightsaber because he/she thinks it's funny you delete him/her from your friendslist 'just because'. That's just plain stupid, I'm sorry.

The original post was obviously to get laughs, now that it has been singles out he has to run with it

Hey, can anybody tell me if this works?

I currently own 2 Xbox 360s, one for the bedroom, one for the living room

What I currently do with XBLA games is I have all my licenses transferred to Xbox A and download all my games on there, and then download them with my account on Xbox B which is always connected to live. With the way the DRM works for XBLA games, this allows me to play the same game on both systems at the same time while only purchasing one copy on my one account.

Does this work with Games on Demand? I would assume they use the same DRM scheme, yah?

LiK

TouchMyBox said:
Hey, can anybody tell me if this works?

I currently own 2 Xbox 360s, one for the bedroom, one for the living room

What I currently do with XBLA games is I have all my licenses transferred to Xbox A and download all my games on there, and then download them with my account on Xbox B which is always connected to live. With the way the DRM works for XBLA games, this allows me to play the same game on both systems at the same time while only purchasing one copy on my one account.

Does this work with Games on Demand? I would assume they use the same DRM scheme, yah?

i would assume they work the same. did you ever buy the Xbox Originals?

Vyer

The self righteous outrage in here over avatar stuff is laughable. I'd like to see these explanations of why this stuff 'should' be free.

LiK said:
i would assume they work the same. did you ever buy the Xbox Originals?

I have not. I guess I'll try this out when they release a game I don't already own on the service. If it works, that might actually justify the higher than retail prices for me.

LiK

TouchMyBox said:
I have not. I guess I'll try this out when they release a game I don't already own on the service. If it works, that might actually justify the higher than retail prices for me.

cool, i'm kinda curious too.

possible noob question, im assuming this doesnt work but on the off chance someone has done this....

Does anyone know for sure, if you do the Party Netflix MST3K bit do all parties have to have Netflix subscription?

KittyKittyBangBang said:
possible noob question, im assuming this doesnt work but on the off chance someone has done this....

Does anyone know for sure, if you do the Party Netflix MST3K bit do all parties have to have Netflix subscription?
Yes they do. This was discussed a few times already.

LiK

KittyKittyBangBang said:

yea, no freeloaders :p

rayner said:
If it doesn't show it means you've been a member for less than a year, it will show on your card a little to the right in the "gold" upper-portion of your card. Some people have reported with a lapse in membership it sometimes reverts to the last renew... so say you were a member for 3 years then took a year off and then renewed and now have been a member for a year it will show just 1 year. I've read that changing your gamertag could also affect your veteran level.

I can confirm this. I had gold for about 2 years, then let it lapse and didnt have it for 3-4 months, now have had it for about 6 months and I have no numbered veteren level.

Same account and gamertag and everything else as before

Letters said:

Megaton information right there. Thank you.

Chrange

Banned
DungeonO said:

Just a jersey? I want a Stanley Cup accessory to tote around and a Cup ring to wear :D

Lince

Banned
help! what's the 360 default refresh rate for HDTVs that support both 50/60 hz ??? after the update my 360 did some display tests and asked if the 720p/1080p-50hz signals were properly displayed on my HDTV and I confirmed both, now I fear every game will run at 50hz-50/25 fps instead of 60hz-60/30fps ;_;

help?

Kuroyume

Banned
I still don't understand the point of the tenure thing on the bar. Is that supposed to make people feel good or proud? It's absolutely retarded. It's like someone printing a shirt announcing to the world how long they've used an phone company or something. This is the best these clowns could come up with when brainstorming features for the update? How about implementing something useful like the ability to view premium themes?

T Ghost

T Ghost said:
Is anybody else having trouble with the Auto-Sign-in option after the update?

8/10 times it doesn't sign in to my profile.

desa said:
Try switching it off. Then reboot. Switch it back on and reboot again.

It didn't work. I have a Jasper so I followed up the tip from this tread of having your Xbox Live profile moved to the internal memory so the system runs faster. Only when I moved my profile back to the HD the problem with the auto-sign in stopped, immediately.

So here's the tip: Do NOT move your profile to your Jasper internal memory if you wanna use the auto-sign in feature.

joaomgcd

CoilShot said:
Anyone know why its showing price only for buying games on demand and it won't let me buy with points?

You have to press Y after selecting the game to change the payment method to points.

Lince said:
help! what's the 360 default refresh rate for HDTVs that support both 50/60 hz ??? after the update my 360 did some display tests and asked if the 720p/1080p-50hz signals were properly displayed on my HDTV and I confirmed both, now I fear every game will run at 50hz-50/25 fps instead of 60hz-60/30fps ;_;

help?

Don't worry, it's just for playing Original Xbox games that don't support 60hz.

Halo 1, Max Payne 1, Max Payne 2, Psychonauts and a whole bunch of other Xbox games don't support 60hz so can't be displayed on some HDTV's through HDMI and the VGA cable wont even try. That's the reason for the test.

All other content will run at 60hz just like it should.

(the reason I mentioned those 4 games above is that they are on Xbox Originals)

Gurpreet_K

Neo Member
last fm will be awesome regardless of if its free or not, although it would be awesome if it was free considering mylaptop is uncapable of playing music!

Jasoco

Banned
I hadn't even turned my Xbox on to get this update yet. The last time I turned on my Xbox was the day before it was released.

I am downloading the update now.

Jasoco said:
I hadn't even turned my Xbox on to get this update yet. The last time I turned on my Xbox was the day before it was released.

I am downloading the update now.

You are in for a treat, if you wanna good laugh, go check out the Games on Demand prices, especially COD2

Rizob

Letters said:
Thanks for getting my hopes up and then have them come crashing back down. MS needs to fix this shit now, so i can see my achievements pop up without having to see the same person signing in over and over again every 2 minutes for no reason.

TimeLike

Loving this update so much! The Guide blades are soooooo fast now. No more waiting for my friendslist to populate their gamerpictures.

And the Netflix upgrades are amazing. Browzing on the telly screen is super fun. Plus the way it buffers video so much faster now is incredible.

If you hit skip forward, the video restarts almost immediately. Before it would have to buffer for a few seconds. SweeeeeeeeeeT!!!!!!!!!

Balboa

KittyKittyBangBang said:
Trust me, I have spent $5 on much stupider shit than this.
I think the same can be said for all of the people that are pissed at others for buying this stuff.

Sysgen

Kuroyume said:
I still don't understand the point of the tenure thing on the bar. Is that supposed to make people feel good or proud? It's absolutely retarded. It's like someone printing a shirt announcing to the world how long they've used an phone company or something. This is the best these clowns could come up with when brainstorming features for the update? How about implementing something useful like the ability to view premium themes?

Still boggles my mind considering every f'n game, even Indie games has screenshots. Actually bought the Asassins Creed PT because there was a picture of it on the Buy screen. Will not touch anything else without a preview and just to chip in, the avatar item prices are ass, rediculous etc... When I first saw the items I though how cool only to realize how they were priced. Had a good laugh and shut it off.

Top Bottom