• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X360 dashboard update preview invites going out NOW. Who got in?

OMG Aero

Synless said:
So silver members can no longer take part in voice chats anymore since the update? Or has it always been this way? My buddies account ran out yesterday and I can only send messages, he says its from the new update. If this is true it's bullshit on MS for doing this.
I'm pretty sure it's always been like that.

Balboa

Synless said:
So silver members can no longer take part in voice chats anymore since the update? Or has it always been this way? My buddies account ran out yesterday and I can only send messages, he says its from the new update. If this is true it's bullshit on MS for doing this.
You can still private chat, just no parties but it was like that before

-PXG-

Synless said:

It's always been like that.

`Moe Joe.

Banned
Oh look, a lightsaber! How sexy does it look!

Nike is a sexy shoe brand as well. But when you walk into your local mall and realize that 60 percent of people are wearing them, you feel like a following twat.

Hell just look at how many people's avatars have the generic face paint + gloves combination. =/

Rorschach said:
:lol lightsabers. First person I see with one, is getting off my friends list.
Yeah because the way the people in your friendslist spend their own money really is your concern.... oh wait. If hey would buy every single item in the Avatar Marketplace... who gives a damn, it's their money. Do you think you're 'better' than them because you don't give your money to the big and evil corporations or something like that? Grow up

Did anyone else get their golden E3 2009 trophy email yet? Got mine a little bit ago. Kind of cool to do unique items that are only given away for promotional events.

xbox.jpg

i would love to see a comparison of people talking about spending their own money in this thread compared to the thread where Soulja Boy had that blinged out RC Car Chain...

glaurung

OldJadedGamer said:
Did anyone else get their golden E3 2009 trophy email yet? Got mine a little bit ago. Kind of cool to do unique items that are only given away for promotional events.

*horrible email pic*

All the pretend crap and paid clothing reminds of a great slogan for PS Home: Stupid Shit for Dumb People.

I think XBL has now joined its ranks.

Domino Theory said:
Like that's going to magically undo the 400 points they spent?

Why would you want someone like that on your friend's list anyway? Would you go to Barnes & Nobles with someone who kept knocking the crappy Star Wars novels that you like to read anyway out of your hand when you tried to take them to the register?

G_Berry

Banned
hc2 said:
The Zune HD is coming out on September 15. They are supposed to add the "Zune Marketplace" in the Live Video marketplace. So we will probably get another update in September.

Yay more stuff us aussies will miss out on. We pay more for live why?

Willeth

OldJadedGamer said:
Yeah, I got mine.

LiK

OldJadedGamer said:

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd140/oldjadedgamer/xbox.jpg[/QUOTE]

:lol :lol :lol
so MS has trophies now [spoiler]for some people[/spoiler]

3rdman

I don't give a shit about these things as I refuse to spend a dime on it (or HOME for that matter). But the more we see of these, and other inventive ways of taking our money, I only hope that it leads a free online service in the upcoming gen...but I won't hold my breath.

By the way, I'm a "Level 6" according to my gamercard...what the hell does that mean??

orion434

3rdman said:
I don't give a shit about these things as I refuse to spend a dime on it (or HOME for that matter). But the more we see of these, and other inventive ways of taking our money, I only hope that it leads a free online service in the upcoming gen...but I won't hold my breath.

By the way, I'm a "Level 6" according to my gamercard...what the hell does that mean??

It means you've been a Gold member for 6 years :D

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
LiK said:
oh c'mon, you guys are gonna delete people just because they wanna waste their own money? yea, right, lol

As much as ppl trashed Home folks for purchasing extra crap....

WickedLaharl said:
shouldn't i be getting paid for shilling a companies product on my avatar?

No, people are quite happy to shill for free. Every time I look at my PSN friend's list, 90% of the little comments always have some variation of "OMG! <Latest exclusive game X> rocks!" (I only specify PSN because I do not notice this to nearly the same degree on XBL. Maybe it's just the friends I have on each, who knows, but with the avatar clothing maybe they will catch up in shill-factor.)

Coldsnap

searched the thread for this and couldn't find it, I probably missed it.

How can you tell the date that they go off of when deciding how many years you have been a member? thanks.

LiK

DarienA said:
As much as ppl trashed Home folks for purchasing extra crap....

sure, but i wouldn't delete people off my list if they wanna waste their own money on virtual stuff. that's just silly.

GhaleonEB

So here I was all proud that there's actually one game where I have all the achievements - Oblivion - but the page to show games with 100% completion is blank. 1250 GS, and it lists 60/50 achievements. Probably because it didn't display 60/60, the system doesn't read it as 100%. :lol

orion434

I think the initial buying of all these items is because people have small amounts of Microsoft points left in their accounts from previous purchases. I mean I have 160pts because I bought something on sale.

Dr. Zoidberg said:
No, people are quite happy to shill for free. Every time I look at my PSN friend's list, 90% of the little comments always have some variation of "OMG! <Latest exclusive game X> rocks!" (I only specify PSN because I do not notice this to nearly the same degree on XBL. Maybe it's just the friends I have on each, who knows, but with the avatar clothing maybe they will catch up in shill-factor.)

Forget online, look down at your Nikes.

glaurung said:
All the pretend crap and paid clothing reminds of a great slogan for PS Home: Stupid Shit for Dumb People.

I think XBL has now joined its ranks.

Quoted for truth, why do people pay for clothes for an imaginary avatar?

-PXG-

Why are you people buying this shit? WHHHHHHHHHHHHY? You're only encouraging them to make more of it, at the same price. STOP! If people thought add-on content was the "cancer", then this stuff is something freaky shit, straight out of Trauma Center.

-PXG- said:
Why are you people buying this shit? WHHHHHHHHHHHHY? You're only encouraging them to make more of it, at the same price. STOP! If people thought add-on content was the "cancer", then this stuff is something freaky shit, straight out of Trauma Center.
I wanna buy some silly props now just to piss people off. How much are those Pom Poms?:lol

Top Bottom