• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X360 dashboard update preview invites going out NOW. Who got in?

Costanza

Banned
From engadget:

That's right kids. Netflix movie parties, avatar accessories, Games on Demand (though no proper Xbox 360 titles yet -- this is just the preview after all). We just got the update and are exploring right now, so stay tuned. If you're one of the select few, let us know in comments!

Some notable bits thus far:

* Netflix now has way, way more options. You can actually browse content via the app, which is great. As a commenter points out, HD content is now denoted with a tag.
* There isn't any avatar prop content available just yet -- hopefully we'll get to pick out an awesome gun to carry around soon though.
* No Games on Demand content from the current gen console is available, but apparently the games will start rolling out in early August (sigh).
* As we noted in previous posts, the preview doesn't boast any of the Last.fm, Facebook, or Twitter additions yet.
* We know they're still working the kinks out, but there seems to be noticeable slowdown when shifting between pages, something we've never noticed before in the NXE.
I haven't gotten anything yet. Maybe they're doing it in waves like last time?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
VIP Gold member FTW son. I like the way it sparkles in the left corner on start up.
I kid.

Firestorm

* No Games on Demand content from the current gen console is available, but apparently the games will start rolling out in early August (sigh).
* As we noted in previous posts, the preview doesn't boast any of the Last.fm, Facebook, or Twitter additions yet.
So what do people without Netflix actually get new in this preview?

bill0527

Good luck everyone that's getting in.

I couldn't be bothered at the time of sign-ups to pull my console out of the entertainment center and get the serial number off the back. Kind of wish I had now.

Nightz

bill0527 said:
I couldn't be bothered at the time of sign-ups to pull my console out of the entertainment center and get the serial number off the back. Kind of wish I had now.
You could've gotten to it by turning your 360 on. >_>

Coin Return

Loose Slot
bill0527 said:

You realize you can just check the serial number and console ID through the dashboard.

gah, beaten

bill0527 said:

You can still sign up now, I believe. It's not closed yet. I signed up this morning, anyway.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Costanza said:
From engadget:

I haven't gotten anything yet. Maybe they're doing it in waves like last time?

Meh, bunch of this stuff is useless to me. How about letting me have the old Blade interface back so my X-box isn't dog slow because of the NXE, please?

Sanjuro

daCuk said:
If this update actaully needed if you do not play online, or have a Gold membership?
Probably not, but you'll get it eventually possibly through some game sometime down the road.

Kibbles

Nothing yet. However, I'm not too excited anymore. It doesn't sound like anything there will be of use right now. I don't have Netflix, and the only other features are what? Avatar Marketplace and new achievement browsing? In fact, with the slowdown, it seems worse than the current NXE.

Oh and it looks like this is select media only at this point. The public preview invites haven't gone out yet.

tokkun

If the only feature is NetFlix-related and it is slower than the existing dash, I wouldn't update even if I was invited.

Turbo

Neo Member
a Master Ninja said:
Firmware upgrades don't cause RRODs, heat causes RRODs.

What if the firmware upgrade is taxing on the hardware thus causing the heat? :lol

Anyways, according to engadget there is some noticable slowdown between pages, I wonder how noticable it is since they exaggerate from time to time.

Dabanton

a Master Ninja said:
Firmware upgrades don't cause RRODs, heat causes RRODs.

It was a lame attempted troll on his part, i don't even think he has an 360 judging by some of his past posts.

Top Bottom