• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X360 dashboard update preview invites going out NOW. Who got in?

Cheech

Yeah, I've been using prepaid cards for awhile now, and it says I don't even have a full year yet. In reality, I've had my current GT since Live's launch on the OG Xbox! It's never spent a single minute in Silver, either. You'd think they would have a better way of keeping track.

NekoFever

GreyMatter said:
Hey, guys; I've compiled a list of the new install sizes found both here and at CAG for the thread.

If you find any errors or want to add anything, let me know; I want to keep it updated for those interested. All listed titles, to my knowledge, are NTSC format.
I listed the full details for Ghostbusters earlier in the thread: 6.5GB -> 6.2GB (-0.3GB)

Sean

Banned
Heh weird.. was playing an XBLA game just now and then quit back to the dashboard and got this error.
187ec

these are the only two categories i get (My Xbox and Friends):
a4e90

Willeth

Cheech said:
Yeah, I've been using prepaid cards for awhile now, and it says I don't even have a full year yet. In reality, I've had my current GT since Live's launch on the OG Xbox! It's never spent a single minute in Silver, either. You'd think they would have a better way of keeping track.
I've only ever used prepaid cards and it's accurate for me.

Sean, I've had that a couple of times. A reboot fixed it.

Looks like the 360 they sent back to me the other week might need to go right back to MS. It's loud as hell, the disc drive has started doing a weird whirring click on load, and just now it recognised a game as a DVD.

Sean said:
Heh weird.. was playing an XBLA game just now and then quit back to the dashboard and got this error.
http://qkpic.com/187ec/IMG]

[IMG]http://qkpic.com/a4e90/IMG][/QUOTE]

I get this loads when playing at home on what is a very iffy connection. I think it is a NAT issue. It usually goes away if I power down the 360 and start again, or reboot my router.

Wizpig

Sean said:

WiFi connected 360?
I got that error a lot of times some months ago, has something to do with DNS.

I'm happy to announce I'm the first person to have rated the following games with the new rating system:
-Prince of Persia Classic
-Cloning Clyde
-Small Arms
-Totemball

My contribution to this world.

aries_71

Mr. Durden said:
I'm happy to announce I'm the first person to have rated the following games with the new rating system:
-Cloning Clyde
-Small Arms
-Totemball

As a fellow human being, I'd like to thank you.

Sean

Banned
Keyser Soze said:
I get this loads when playing at home on what is a very iffy connection. I think it is a NAT issue. It usually goes away if I power down the 360 and start again, or reboot my router.

Yeah I guess my connection may have gotten screwed up for a minute or so. It's kinda neat that it still allows you to be connected to XBL in a limited fashion. I didn't have to reboot though, signing out from the guide (x button) and then back in fixed it.

Mr. Durden said:
-Cloning Clyde
-Small Arms
-Totemball

Totemball got my 1 star vote the 1st day of wave 1, so I dunno what's happened to my vote :(

feel

MMaRsu said:
I think so too. Pretty retarded but hey it's MS so what a surprise.
Would be pretty silly to have Madden be higher rated than FIFA/PES on Spain, or Halo being at the top of Japanese ratings, for example.

MMaRsu

Banned
Letters said:
Would be pretty silly to have Madden be higher rated than FIFA/PES on Spain, or Halo being at the top of Japanese ratings, for example.

Not at all. Just because Madden isn't that popular in Spain doesn't mean it shouldn't have top rating imo.

I'm against regional stuff of any kind anyway.

Smokey

Can't wait for this update to hit.

I did my first installation yesterday on my 120GB HD. It was startling how quiet the 360 was when playing the game off of the HD:lol

edit: I now have 2 sets of the transfer cable/CD. I originally ordered it from MS, but then canceled after somebody on another forum said they would send me theirs. Lo and behold Saturday I get the package from MS.

So if anybody needs an the cables/CD PM me.

Was just playing some 1943 when I was disconnected from Live. Boots back up to show I have an update. Just signed up for the preview yesterday and got in.:D
Everything is much quicker for me. Looks like my 5-20 second hangs ups in the dash may be a thing of the past. About 2 seconds is all it's taking now.
If this holds up I'm a very happy camper.

Based on the Platinum Games list, this is probably what the Xbox 360 Games on Demand line-up will look like on August 11:

• Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
  • BioShock
  • Burnout Paradise
  • Burnout Revenge
  • Call of Duty 2
  • Call of Duty 3
  • Cars
  • Condemned: Criminal Origins
  • Crackdown
  • Dead or Alive 4
  • Dead Rising
  • Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • Fight Night Round 3
  • Forza Motorsport 2
  • Gears of War
  • Kameo: Elements of Power
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Original Trilogy
  • Lost Planet: Colonies
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance
  • Mass Effect
  • Need For Speed: Most Wanted
  • Perfect Dark Zero
  • Prey
  • Project Gotham Racing 3
  • Ratatouille
  • Rockstar Table Tennis
  • Saints Row
  • Shrek the Third
  • SmackDown! vs. RAW 2007
  • Sonic The Hedgehog
  • Spiderman: Friend or Foe
  • Spiderman 3
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas
  • Tony Hawk's Project 8
  • Top Spin 2
  • Transformers: The Game
  • Viva Pinata

Manuals will be available on Xbox.com. I presume they will cost 1600MS ($20).

CitizenCope said:
Just signed up for the preview yesterday and got in.:D
Me too!

I'm not looking foward to reinstalling all of my games. I guess I'll need a sandwich or two.

EDIT: Took almost 2 hours for 13 game installs, but I freed up 3GB. And Netflix is awesome now.

I not used the rating system much but I love it, so nice to browse and see what is at the top of the ratings, i'm suprised portal: still alive is (or was) at the top of arcade games here in the UK. of course I voted 5 stars on MvC2 :D

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
AnEternalEnigma said:
Based on the Platinum Games list, this is probably what the Xbox 360 Games on Demand line-up will look like on August 11:

Manuals will be available on Xbox.com. I presume they will cost 1600MS ($20).

Sweet I may pick up Marvel Ultimate Alliance, as its so damn expensive still here.

lowrider007 said:
Well I just got in and added a 12 month live gold sub to my old original xbox live gamer-tag that I recovered today and it tagged me down for 4 years which is not too bad, should of been five really but I can't complain, bit of a bummer starting from practically zero gamer score though but at least I've got my original gamer-tag back.
I been thinking about this myself but don't want to lose my saves and achievements, again! think I will just hold out with my 2 year old account :(

BTW, what is the url adress to check old gamer tags on xbox.com?

hope some of the platinum games that might be in games on demand are priced cheaper. like kameo, and a few others you could easily get for 10 bucks new, 5 used.

Gwanatu T

Mr. Durden said:
-Cloning Clyde
-Small Arms
-Totemball

Good idea, I'm going to need to rate my stuff now. Thanks for reminding me.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
AndyMoogle said:
You don't have to re-install your games. I played Gears 2 after the update without re-installing. Worked just fine.

you do have to reinstall if you want the new smaller install sizes though

AndyMoogle said:
You don't have to re-install your games. I played Gears 2 after the update without re-installing. Worked just fine.
You don't have to, but people are doing so because if you reinstall them, the space they take on the HDD goes down, substantially in some cases.

EDIT: Rats!

BigAT

Is there somewhere you need to register to be eligible for this or is it just automatic if you're a gold member?

Willeth

You have to register here to get it ahead of time, but there's not a lot of point because it'll be available automatically for everyone the Friday after next.

Bollocks, it's made very little meaningful difference to my games list delay. Prior to the update it was about 45 seconds, now it's about 30 seconds. Better... but still no-where near good enough. :(

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Psychotext said:
Bollocks, it's made very little meaningful difference to my games list delay. Prior to the update it was about 45 seconds, now it's about 30 seconds. Better... but still no-where near good enough. :(

What HDD are you using, just out of interest?

MMaRsu

Banned
After it being very fast for the first few days, my game list is back to waiting at least 10 sec before it loads up. SHIT.

WaltJay

AnEternalEnigma said:

• Manuals will be available on Xbox.com. I presume they will cost 1600MS ($20).

• I wouldn't pay $20 for most of those games as I already own the ones I want, but it'd be cool if MS started offering a rental service, say $5 for a week, and if I want to keep it, the price is $15.

Psychotext said:
Are you on a 20gig by any chance? as I get minimal differences in list loading.

*edit* beat like a wet fish.
WaltJay said:
I wouldn't pay $20 for most of those games as I already own the ones I want, but it'd be cool if MS started offering a rental service, say $5 for a week, and if I want to keep it, the price is $15.
If I have to guess, that will be the next big thing for live to do in the future at some point, depending on how well games on demand takes off and what microsoft's future 360 plans are.

Hmm... I just went to install Ace Combat 6 and it's not giving me the option (it's just not there, not even greyed out). Is this a known issue?

[Edit - Scratch that, the option appeared when I went back to my 360. Surreal]

SailorDaravon said:
Is the option to allow people to see what you're watching on Netflix new?

Yes.

Psychotext said:
Hmm... I just went to install Ace Combat 6 and it's not giving me the option (it's just not there, not even greyed out). Is this a known issue?

[Edit - Scratch that, the option appeared when I went back to my 360. Surreal]

Happens to me too. Just wait a few seconds it'll pop up.

Seems like this is gonna be a 3-5 scale. Rated Fable II Pub Games a 1 and Knothole Island a 2 to try to bring some sanity to the situation.

Damn that Pub Games is awful. No one should waste 800 points on that junk. I got it for free and still feel like I paid too much.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Psychotext said:
120gb. I currently have 37 indie games on my system and 46 arcade games.

Damn, that's very odd and also sucks.

I got a massive speed increase and it has yet to slow down. But no doubt in my mind it will eventually.

Gwanatu T

VibratingDonkey said:
Seems like this is gonna be a 3-5 scale. Rated Fable II Pub Games a 1 and Knothole Island a 2 to try to bring some sanity to the situation.

Damn that Pub Games is awful. No one should waste 800 points on that junk. I got it for free and still feel like I paid too much.

Yeah me too, they are definitely pretty garbage. Completely up to luck, no skill at all from what I've played.

Sydle

Just got in this morning. Seems like a great update so far-- it's so much faster for me. Also love the rating system and being able to browse Netflix.

Top Bottom