• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XB1 + Forza code = $399 @ Amazon

border

You could probably get $25 for the Forza code. Then get $75 if you sell the Kinect unit.

So it's more like a Kinect-free Xbox One for $299. Which is a pretty good deal IMO.

You could probably get $25 for the Forza code. Then get $75 if you sell the Kinect unit.

So it's more like a Kinect-free Xbox One for $299. Which is a pretty good deal IMO.

Eh while you can do that. Not everyone wants to have to deal with selling things on ebay or on forums just to get the right price for their console purchase

Mrbob

At first I thought this was a price mistake but it might be intentional. Looking at the Amazon ranking no one wants the Forza 5 bundle. Almost out of the top 100. Everyone is buying the TF bundle instead.

Basketball

really-low-limbo-futurama-irl_o_790815.gif

MaulerX

It's almost as if MS wants to overtake PS4 life time in NA in one fell swoop. They're really not that far behind there. March NPD will be interesting as hell.

Microsoft REALLY needs March.

If Microsoft lost March all is lost. There big promotion month, the game they push as the system seller, and more.... It would be doom and gloom everywhere.

Though I'm not sure $100 price cut and free pack-in make things much better. It looks like they don't have confidence in their product.

Ape

Banned
Oh, and to make it even cheaper you can sell the controller. So that's the Kinect, Controller, and Forza. That has to get you close to $220.

At first I thought this was a price mistake but it might be intentional. Looking at the Amazon ranking no one wants the Forza 5 bundle. Almost out of the top 100. Everyone is buying the TF bundle instead.
Amazon isn't infallible to mistakes but they don't usually make pricing errors. As you said, the item was already #99 on the best sellers list, I think this is more clearing away stock since most people are buying the superior bundle.

Oh, and to make it even cheaper you can sell the controller. So that's the Kinect, Controller, and Forza. That has to get you close to $220.

Dude you're slipping.

Power cables, HDMI cable, That nice box? At least $15 more bucks right there

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
You're almost there Microsoft. Remove the Kinect and drop another $50 and you'll likely hook me.

If I had money I would be tempted, but I will still wait for Christmas and the fabled white model for retail and probably a deal that leaves it this price before games anyways.

It only took a $100 price drop and free game packed in to do it.

Doesn't look desperate at all....
Desperate is just fine by me.

Still too high for a Forza box though. Its still the same price as a new PS4 but you're stuck with Kinect and a console that can't tie its own shoelaces without a Gold subscription.

So, while desperate is a good look on MS, they've got a long way to go before they hit bottom.

And it's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything. Jesus told me that, after he punched me in the ear.

nelchaar

I really don't think it's that. Its almost like they're trying to reach an internal sales goal for a mega March NPD PR statement.

Though even if they win March by such means, wouldn't that be a hollow victory? They can't possibly keep going with the price cuts, huge expenditures on advertising, marketing and exclusivity deals for 3rd party software.

Metfanant

i want, i want, i want....and Forza 5 is the only game i actually want...unfortunately i just cant seem to get myself to pull the trigger even though $399 + a game is the pricepoint ive always said id jump at...

Titanfall doesnt interest me...and idk if one single game (Forza) is enough to warrant the purchase...

_woLf

I'll wait for the $399 Halo 2 anniversary bundle.

But seriously, I would totally jump on this if there were games on Xbone that I was interested in at the moment :/

i want, i want, i want....and Forza 5 is the only game i actually want...unfortunately i just cant seem to get myself to pull the trigger even though $399 + a game is the pricepoint ive always said id jump at...

Titanfall doesnt interest me...and idk if one single game (Forza) is enough to warrant the purchase...

While you are probably already aware of them, Dead Rising 3 is supposed to be quite good, Ryse isn't as bad as reviews would have you believe [most likely] and PvZ GW is supposed to be quite good fun

MaulerX

Though even if they win March by such means, wouldn't that be a hollow victory? They can't possibly keep going with the price cuts, huge expenditures on advertising, marketing and exclusivity deals for 3rd party software.

Why would that be a hollow victory? That's the price it should had been to begin with.

Metfanant

While you are probably already aware of them, Dead Rising 3 is supposed to be quite good, Ryse isn't as bad as reviews would have you believe [most likely] and PvZ GW is supposed to be quite good fun

i have an absolute aversion to almost all things Zombie for some reason...i find it to be a real played out genre....so i dont think DR3 is for me....Ryse interests me on the eye candy front but idk...as much as i want to buy it something is stopping me....

maybe its my brain telling me that if this thing is already selling for $399, that i should wait and see how low it goes??...idk

Synless

i have an absolute aversion to almost all things Zombie for some reason...i find it to be a real played out genre....so i dont think DR3 is for me....Ryse interests me on the eye candy front but idk...as much as i want to buy it something is stopping me....

maybe its my brain telling me that if this thing is already selling for $399, that i should wait and see how low it goes??...idk
I wouldn't wait on something like that. I'd bet this is as low as you will see it for some time.

Top Bottom