• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XB1 + Forza code = $399 @ Amazon

If I would have noticed this last night when it was still live I would have asked Amazon for another $50 off my Titanfall bundle lol.
That's probably why it got fixed so fast. Amazon usually drags their feet fixing stuff like that.

The one night that I actually go to bed on time :/

The_Monk

If there is a reason for me to get a Xbox One it's for FORZA 5, that I know. Now only for the game but also for the amazing and kind Community. Still remember all the discussions regarding Forza 4 and Forza Horizon with FORZA-GAF. Now those were the good times, loved it.. :')

I hope to be able to play FORZA 5 one day with my good fellow GAFfers again.

The Economy in here is pretty harsh currently. :/

If there is a reason for me to get a Xbox One it's for FORZA 5, that I know. Now only for the game but also for the amazing and kind Community. Still remember all the discussions regarding Forza 4 and Forza Horizon with FORZA-GAF. Now those were the good times, loved it.. :')

I hope to be able to play FORZA 5 one day with my good fellow GAFfers again.

The Economy in here is pretty harsh currently. :/

Which country are you from and how do you manage to be kind and courteous in every single post?

cakely

That's probable. But I wonder what this price cut says about the demand for the two consoles. At the same price, is the XBO a more tempting console than the PS4? I guess we won't find out unless this sale sustains for a few months, and I would be surprised if it doesn't.

I think that potential consumers are now under the impression that the Xbox One is noticeably weaker than its competitor, even if they're not terribly specific about the details.

Perversely, a big price cut four months into the generation is only going to make this impression worse.

I think its better to offer $500/$450 bundles with some game instead of dropping the price to $400. This they don't devalue the console. Just like Live, it is not $60, you just need to wait for the right time and grab a $40 year suscription.

I think that potential consumers are now under the impression that the Xbox One is noticeably weaker than its competitor, even if they're not terribly specific about the details.

Perversely, a big price cut four months into the generation is only going to make this impression worse.

Does anyone actually think like that? If I saw Apple competing on price with Samsung on phones, or HP on laptops, I would have my first Apple products and not give a second thought to the circumstances, as long as games are coming down the line. If Sony made their tv sets more affordable I would instantly purchase a new Sony television.

It seems the only people who are 'worried' for MS these days seem to be those who have zero interest in purchasing a XBO.

The_Monk

Which country are you from and how do you manage to be kind and courteous in every single post?

I'm from Portugal, and I think the Xbox One will be officially released here in September. There's one or two local stores I could order one right now but it's too much unfortunately (for me, that is). Just to give you an idea, they are more than the monthly minimum wage in here.

As for the rest, thank you so much for the compliment! I just like when this fine Community have good and proper discussions. Different opinions are more than welcome but this place is so much better when we all have fun (no matter where or what you are playing).

Bgamer90

Banned

The impression comes from the system being $100 more. A decent number of people who want to play games for the Xbox One are being held back by the fact that (well it was) $500 and weaker. A price drop isn't going to make interested ones say "I know it was weaker!" -- it's simply going to make more people be interested in the system for its content.

tynestar

Holy shit they are actually doing this. Asked customer support after reading this and they credited the $50 plus tax back to my card already.

Based amazon.

I asked Gamestop customer service and they said they would be glad to give me 15% off the Titanfall game guide.

Based Gamestop

bad attempt at humor

bluehat9

MS Store doesn't include my OG 20gig 360 and my mom cancelled her Target card after the breach, lol. So many close chances for the price I want, but I can't get in on one that will actually work for me.

Otheradam

Have any other day one buyers from amazon gotten a $50 refund?
My friend who bought a day one edition is talking to them right now. They are making him buy one from Amazon today to show proof of the price. He's been talking to them for like half hour now... They are making it really hard. Even with links to Walmart and best buy.

kyo27

My friend who bought a day one edition is talking to them right now. They are making him buy one from Amazon today to show proof of the price. He's been talking to them for like half hour now... They are making it really hard. Even with links to Walmart and best buy.

looks like its back to $499 on amazon.......

I told a friend who also bought a day one console from Amazon and they gave him the $50 adjustment as well. They will look at the price of the titanfall bundle and say it's $499 so you will need to mention that the promo code knocks $50 off. Once I mentioned that, they didn't hesitate to issue a refund. Makes me think MS must be bankrolling this...

Just bought this dsmn bundle for $450 and had it delivered yesterday. Mad as he'll I missed this and my Xbox only reads blurays half the time so I am sending it back and waiting until next year to buy another.

As a PS4 and PC guy, I am very tempted by this. If I had the money, it would be ordered.

Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Ryse (rental) and Titanfall (on sale) make for a good line up. Also have Quantum Break and Halo 2 in the fall.

I wouldn't buy multiplatform games for it, but even I have to say that it's a good exclusive lineup.

I couldn't imagine spending $400+ on any console just to play a handful of games. The main draw of these systems are third parties since they make up a huge mjority of the lineup.

Damn, a few months ago I would have been all over this ... I want Forza! But I bought OR Dev Kit 2 and need to drop a pretty penny on a video card soon.

Too late for me MS, you could have easily had me during the launch period at this price.

I couldn't imagine spending $400+ on any console just to play a handful of games. The main draw of these systems are third parties since they make up a huge mjority of the lineup.

Eh, if you really want to play the games, it's worth it. I only bought about 20 games for my PS3 (3rd parties on 360 last gen) and I think it was completely justified.

Sydle

Just bought this dsmn bundle for $450 and had it delivered yesterday. Mad as he'll I missed this and my Xbox only reads blurays half the time so I am sending it back and waiting until next year to buy another.

Try MS customer support to replace your blu-ray drive. You may get a free game out of it and ultimately get your XB1 and 2 games for the price of $450.

Magwik

Banned

I'd buy an Xbox One just to play Halo 2 online again. OG Xbox Live is shut down, and GFWL is shutting down, the PC version is crap anyways. So unless they finally port the damn game to Steam with Steamworks then I'm gonna be buying an XB1.

Top Bottom