• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

You can 'buy' all the Xbox One GWG games as long as you have XBL Gold, regardless whether or not you own an XB1. You just do it on xbox.com and 'buy' the games for free.
I just went to the Xbox site on my phone and the info is prominently featured on the homepage, lol. Cool stuff.

im_dany

Thank you! I download the 360 Gold games religiously but I've never followed up on the One title option since I originally poked around. Thanks again for the info. Another "carrot" for me to upgrade down the line.

You can also use the 360 directly (unless they cut it out), you should find the X1 games along with the 360 ones opening the GWG ad on the dashboard. You can buy them but not download them of course.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
So yeah, if it meant I could finally enjoy a Forza Horizon game in 60fps, I would buy a Scorpio to do it.
60fps??? What kind of barbaric backwater era are you from....144fps or GTFO.
I dont understand how people can enjoy a racing game at anything less than 120fps...bleahhh

Forza Horizon 3 can run at 60+fps. And thats next month...like exactly a month from today.

Chris1

New games are up. Double check on the confirmation screen that it's 0.00/FREE before purchasing.

Earthlock: Festival of Magic (XB1)
https://www.microsoft.com/store/p/earthlock-festival-of-magic/bq5n4k85gwg4

Forza Horizon (360&XB1)
https://marketplace.xbox.com/Produc...d5309c9?nosplash=1&DownloadType=Game#LiveZone
(If it's not available for you try ctrl+F5 after logging in or waiting a bit for the price to update in your region. I can't help here just blame MS shit webstore)

Forza Horizon has a demo with the same name and no mentions that it's a demo, so make sure you get the right one. The full game version is 7.05GB.

BigMack

New games are up. Double check on the confirmation screen that it's 0.00/FREE before purchasing.

Earthlock: Festival of Magic (XB1)
https://www.microsoft.com/store/p/earthlock-festival-of-magic/bq5n4k85gwg4

Forza Horizon (360&XB1)
https://marketplace.xbox.com/Produc...d5309c9?nosplash=1&DownloadType=Game#LiveZone
(If it's not available for you try ctrl+F5 after logging in or waiting a bit for the price to update in your region. I can't help here just blame MS shit webstore)

Forza Horizon has a demo with the same name and no mentions that it's a demo, so make sure you get the right one. The full game version is 7.05GB.

Earthlock is greyed out and says "Not available".

What time do GwG usually become available the night before? Seems I've started downloads before midnight est on some games.

Nairume

Banned

What time do GwG usually become available the night before? Seems I've started downloads before midnight est on some games.
Usually it's up around 8-9 est for me, but I guess that might just have been for stuff that was already out.

Wow, just played Forza Horizon for a bit, and after the last two years of playing Horizon 2, I can safely say part 1 is a better game. I am shocked at how well it holds up, it's so polished. Hadn't played it since oh a few years ago. Love the FMV intro. I looked at my Forza Hub stats, and apparently I didn't make it very far into the game when it first came out. I've played Horizon 2 like 10X as much. This is really neat, because now I'm going to play this one for the next month until 3 releases. So excited. Really, this game and entire series is a triumph. Going to buy some DLC I missed out on too since it's so cheap now.

EDIT: so the season pass is $4.99 and the rally expansion is $4.99. According to the description the season pass includes the rally expansion. So am I missing something, or should I buy the season pass?

Geeun

Wow, just played Forza Horizon for a bit, and after the last two years of playing Horizon 2, I can safely say part 1 is a better game. I am shocked at how well it holds up, it's so polished. Hadn't played it since oh a few years ago. Love the FMV intro. I looked at my Forza Hub stats, and apparently I didn't make it very far into the game when it first came out. I've played Horizon 2 like 10X as much. This is really neat, because now I'm going to play this one for the next month until 3 releases. So excited. Really, this game and entire series is a triumph. Going to buy some DLC I missed out on too since it's so cheap now.

EDIT: so the season pass is $4.99 and the rally expansion is $4.99. According to the description the season pass includes the rally expansion. So am I missing something, or should I buy the season pass?
I bought the season pass. It includes the rally expansion along with extra cars.

Btw did you experience any fps issues? I played the beginning until I got my first wristband and had some instances where the frame rate tanked badddddd.

Geeun

Something is off with horizon. The performance gets really bad at times. I'm standing still at the hub and the game is skipping so much.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Something is off with horizon. The performance gets really bad at times. I'm standing still at the hub and the game is skipping so much.

Preview Program member?

Either way, try a hard reset of your system. Horizon works just fine here.

munroe

Wait, I thought they were rentals? Is that all the games with gold? Are you suggesting one can use a 24hour code to get the game they want and then play it whenever they want?

360 games are yours forever, even if you lose gold you can still play them. Xbox one games however can only be played with an active sub

naitosan

For people having some issues with Forza Horizon or any BC games' performance, here what you can do:

1. Pause any downloads in background
2. Close all apps or games
3. Do dashboard refresh LT + RT + Y
4. Disable instant-on startup
5. Do hard reboot (press and hold Xbox button on console for 10 seconds) **really important if you're on preview program**
6. Clear 360 cache
7. Profit

I experienced some performance issues, it's because Xbox is downloading something in the background so I either pause or let it finish download.

jelly

Wait, I thought they were rentals? Is that all the games with gold? Are you suggesting one can use a 24hour code to get the game they want and then play it whenever they want?

I'm sure only 1 month codes and above are valid for all the extra Gold stuff beyond online play. 1 day, 7 days, 14 days are just for access to playing online. It could have changed but pretty sure.

and what Munroe said.

Peter303

Looks like I cannot download Horizon on Xbox One unless I add my credit card to my Live account. Is there any way around this? I really don't want them having my credit card details and usually buy Live credit from a games store.

Looks like I cannot download Horizon on Xbox One unless I add my credit card to my Live account. Is there any way around this? I really don't want them having my credit card details and usually buy Live credit from a games store.

Unless you have a 360 that you can boot up and download straight from there, then no, unfortunately not.
You can always add a card, purchase Forza, and then delete it straight after.

I don't know why they insist on there being a card needed for 360 games but not for One games.

Peter303

Unless you have a 360 that you can boot up and download straight from there, then no, unfortunately not.
You can always add a card, purchase Forza, and then delete it straight after.

I don't know why they insist on there being a card needed for 360 games but not for One games.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I'll just give Horizon a miss, not long until FH3 anyway.

Chris1

What region you from? maybe the game isn't available in your region (in which case you can change it at the bottom left to UK or US to get it)

Midnight GMT the games switch over. Which I believe is 7PM est. The 360 games go up a little after that (usually within an hour), but that depends on your region and how fast MS servers send the updated price.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I'll just give Horizon a miss, not long until FH3 anyway.

You can use Paypal and/or prepaid credit card. Even if you have to buy a $5 prepaid it's worth it for the 360 GWG's imo especially because you keep them forever. But it is pretty shitty

LowerLevel

I personally had a few pre-paid visa cards on there that Live acknowledged as CCards. Maybe you can try one of those. Currently on the road but hopefully, if there is time, I can let you know which ones I used when I get home.

BigMack

What region you from? maybe the game isn't available in your region (in which case you can change it at the bottom left to UK or US to get it)

Midnight GMT the games switch over. Which I believe is 7PM est. The 360 games go up a little after that (usually within an hour), but that depends on your region and how fast MS servers send the updated price.

I'm in the US, est timezone. It finally let me download it right after midnight.

Geeun

For people having some issues with Forza Horizon or any BC games' performance, here what you can do:

1. Pause any downloads in background
2. Close all apps or games
3. Do dashboard refresh LT + RT + Y
4. Disable instant-on startup
5. Do hard reboot (press and hold Xbox button on console for 10 seconds) **really important if you're on preview program**
6. Clear 360 cache
7. Profit

I experienced some performance issues, it's because Xbox is downloading something in the background so I either pause or let it finish download.
I'm not on the preview program but, performing a hard reboot really helped. Thanks.

So why doesn't any of the online stuff work in Forza Horizon? Servers down? None of my 1000 club challenges are uploading, so it's kind of pointless even playing.

GWX

Anyone else having issues with Horizon's servers? Can't enter marketplace, complete 1000 Club challenges or upload times and ghosts :(

And I still haven't figured out my DLC problem. The car packs are installed but they don't show up in game! Can anyone help?

edit: I see Community is having the same issue, not just me then. Sucks :/

Anyone else having issues with Horizon's servers? Can't enter marketplace, complete 1000 Club challenges or upload times and ghosts :(

And I still haven't figured out my DLC problem. The car packs are installed but they don't show up in game! Can anyone help?

Haha I just popped in Horizon 2, played for a bit and leveled up, and no wheelspin. I think Forza is having some issues across the board right now.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

Yep. I just bought 1 token. Went to buy a car and can't. Ugh.

mike4001_

Thank you. I only own a 360 and the last time I had Gold was in... 2008, so I dont know all the Details of the games with Gold deal.

OK, but don´t forget to buy the Xbox One titles nontheless (over the website). If you own an Xbox console at some point in the future the titles will wait for you there :)

Xater

Also the emulation on Cbone is quite iffy. I had some incredible stuttering happening to me. Made it unplayable in those moments.

Montresor

Can someone help me with Forza Horizon 1 please?

How do I buy tokens to purchase the treasure map and fast travel anywhere? On my XB1, when I try to buy tokens, it says "This is not available" or something similar.

Also, please see this scenario and let me know if the game is seriously like this or if I'm missing something really obvious.

I'm early on. I have only 22k credits. I had already bought a Subaru and spent about 5k on it at the garage to improve it. I travel to the next race and it says my Subaru is too fast and I have to spend 17k to DOWNGRADE it. I decide No Way but this race only allows two types of car to enroll, one that costs 29k and one that costs 32k. But I only have 22k! So I had to leave the race and grind credits by travelling around the map performing skill chains... to earn enough to buy a car for this race.

I never encountered something like that in Horizon 2. Is this seriously the way Horizon 1 is designed?

VRMN

Tokens do not appear to be on the xbox.com version of the Horizon 1 store page, so they might have actually removed them.

I think it's a waste of money, though. There are strategy guides and the like if you want the same content for free, just not on your actual map. I also don't remember having any need to grind, but it's been a long time.

Also, you're buying parts. It costs you money to downgrade because you don't own the lower grade parts. The "downgrade" is just a one button version of going through and manually buying the various mods and options. Horizon 2 did not do this because they just let you take any level car as long as it was the right type, which some people complained erases the progression path. I didn't mind either way, personally, but the way Horizon 1 handles it is closer to how Motorsport does. Basically, they changed from a stance of having only a certain number of cars at a certain power level available for any given race to letting you pick what car you want to drive at the level you want to drive it and tailoring the AI to that car. Both are valid design choices, I think.

Top Bottom