• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

rainz

Good stuff thanks for the heads up.
Haven't played a wrestling game since N64 WCW days..
I'm in for a world of disappointment aren't I?

Kei-

Nice, haven't played a wrestling game since it was Smackdown vs Raw (2007 I believe), kinda looking forward to trying it out and seeing what has changed. Gonna jump on it with a few friends.

Also gonna try Beyond Good and Evil.

Can't seem to get BGaE to show up as free. Oh well. I'll just try again later. Never played it. Curious to find out why everyone loves it.

Edit: Figured it out. Even though it says $9.99, when you click on it, it shows up as free. Great!

Flux

Can't seem to get BGaE to show up as free. Oh well. I'll just try again later. Never played it. Curious to find out why everyone loves it.

Edit: Figured it out. Even though it says $9.99, when you click on it, it shows up as free. Great!

That is typically normal for the first day something is available. Gotta jump on it right away!

dankir

Man BG&E brings back memories, haven't touched the game since I beat originally on my Xbox 13 years ago.

I do remember the camera being stupid, but the game is fun and relaxing.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Damn been playing the shit out of Warriors Orochi 3.
If it wasnt for GWG i would honestly never have bothered with any of the warriors series.

But now im actually curious to play some of the others.

Been a good month for me all things considered.

Hoping for more gems next month.

Monocle

This wrestling game has a great character creator, but the gameplay is shit. I spent more than half of a match just getting thrown around by the CPU, unable to break out of anything. I guess quality action games have spoiled me. I need any type of combat gameplay to have responsive controls.

There isn't even a training mode as far as I can tell.

Hitta93

Banned
Man BG&E brings back memories, haven't touched the game since I beat originally on my Xbox 13 years ago.

I do remember the camera being stupid, but the game is fun and relaxing.

Playing it right now for the first time.

Giving me that Precursor Legacy kind of vibe.

stn

For some reason I've been getting very slow transfer rates on my X360 downloads the last few months. It used to be much faster! Any ideas? I'll see tomorrow how fast everything downloads on XB1, have some patches for a few games I need to get.

Chris1

Stealing ekim's work. Anyways, always happy with day 1 releases being GWG since it means not overlapping a purchase.

Psh I linked to his thread rather than Major Nelsons tweet :p Not my intentions to steal his work was just cross posting here as I know people subscribe to the thread and might miss ekim's topic.

Flux

Psh I linked to his thread rather than Major Nelsons tweet :p Not my intentions to steal his work was just cross posting here as I know people subscribe to the thread and might miss ekim's topic.
I should have been clearer, Microsoft / Xbox taking the initiative to just put it out is what ekim did.

ironcreed

Banned
I tried WWE 2K16 last night and the gameplay is worse than any wrestling or fighting game that I have ever played. So sluggish and awkward feeling.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Hyrule Warriors and One Piece Pirate Warriors are both golden as.

None of those games are on any Microsoft platform.
So both are outta the question....damn jealous though.

Is there any musou game coming out soonish for XB1 or PC.
Ive got that itch the Musou itch badly...cant believe i actually use that term now. Musou.
Almost confident enough to really try Gauntlet mode....but still getting my ass beat.

On Topic
That WWE shit is a waste for me, i thought i might enjoy it after not having played a wrestling game in years....but nope nope nope not for me.

Flux

The consensus of WWE appears to be "Glad it's free, because wrestling is hot garbage".

On the other hand, I enjoyed the warriors game and would never have bought one/forgot about that genre being a thing.

I love wrestling, and the WWE games have been passable to terrible for almost a decade.

I downloaded WWE 2K16 anyway despite all of the negative reviews.

It's crashed four straight times in the character creator when I tried to add text to my wrestler's costume, making me lose around an hour of progress each time.

I haven't even played the game yet and I'm already angry at it. If the gameplay is as shit as people have said, I'll be deleting it.

tim1138

Man, WWE2k16 is garbage. I played the hell out of the AKI N64 games and Fire Pro on Dreamcast and GBA and was looking forward to a fun modern wrestling game. This was not that at all. The grappling, submission, and pinfall systems are all terrible. What I wouldn't give for a HD Fire Pro or for someone to resurrect the AKI engine. I don't watch wrestling anymore, so the game wouldn't even need the WWE license, just a good CAW system and fun gameplay.

Being a huge fan of wrestling still (and in turn still playing the stupid games every year) I really felt bad when reading all the "Wow I haven't played a wrestling game since the N64 days, can't wait to try one out again with GwG!" comments lol. :(

Leave the memories back with the N64, the core WWE games have been garbage for well over a decade. It's absolutely tragic.

m23

I haven't played a wrestling game since Smackdown vs Raw 2007, so I was hoping 2k16 would ignite my interest in those games again. The mechanics feel very stiff, kinda frustrating at times. I'm only playing through the mode where you go through Austin's career which I'm enjoying quite a bit, doubt I'll continue playing once I complete it however.

I miss the No Mercy and WCW NWO Revenge days of wrestling games.

Chris1

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1268721

KqWTA91.jpg

Newlove

Already played Horizon to death and finished. Not sure I'll download again, but definitely a great game for people who have never played before.

Top Bottom