• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

jrmanimal

I got Beyond Good & Evil HD through the website but I can't find or download the game on my Xbox One, anybody had this problem? I'm in Brazil, btw.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Whoa. Nice month.

I already have Mirror's Edge on PS3 but I'll take it. Also Forza Horizon. Awesome. Also always wanted to try out the Chronicles games.

Genuinely good month.

BTails

Haven't busted out my old 360 steering wheel in a while. Might download Forza Horizon to my 360 downstairs instead of my One, and get some racing action on.

Really curious about Earthlock, it's always nice to get a new game for free :D

I already have China, and I've played (rented) Mirror's Edge before, but I could go for a replay of the latter. And it'll be nice to get Horizon off the ol' backlog.

jrmanimal

It should be in ready to install. Hard reset your console if not.

The game showed up in ready to install when I changed the console location to United States. Weird that they let me buy the game(correctly priced and in the gwg list in their brazilian site) but it's not available to play on the console unless I do this. It works fine now.

Oh, I'll finally get Forza Horizon. Haven't played any except for the Fast and the Furious tie-in, but that was really fun, so this is good.

Cindro

So Horizon is good? The last racing game I've played and enjoyed other than Mario Kart was Cruisin' USA way back on the 64. In fact, the only racing game I've even tried in the past ten years or so was The Crew, thanks to Games With Gold. And I found The Crew to be hilariously rancid garbage. Still, a good game is a good game - even though racing is pretty low on my list of preferred genres, I'll still give Horizon a go if the consensus is that it's worthwhile even for the most basic/casual of racing game players.

On a brighter note, I'm genuinely amped about Mirror's Edge! I meant to buy the game when it came out, but it was one of those titles that I kept on the perpetual back-burner. Super excited to finally give it a whirl.

Fuck thats a good month, might re-up my gold subscription, played the hell out of forza horizon when it came out. Also im just getting around to playing human revolution from when that was free, i think im almost at the end, almost done in shanghai. The game is simply awesome, its the type of rpg that I love, i have no clue why i ignored it when it came out in 2011. Im amped to play mankind divided now.

Excited about finally playing Horizon 1 (although I did play the terrific demo multiple times). Held off on buying it on sale in anticipation of it being GwG ... also offset by the numerous other racing games on my 360.

After Forza, the main Microsoft game I would love to see on GwG is Halo: ODST.

Chris1

So Horizon is good? The last racing game I've played and enjoyed other than Mario Kart was Cruisin' USA way back on the 64. In fact, the only racing game I've even tried in the past ten years or so was The Crew, thanks to Games With Gold. And I found The Crew to be hilariously rancid garbage. Still, a good game is a good game - even though racing is pretty low on my list of preferred genres, I'll still give Horizon a go if the consensus is that it's worthwhile even for the most basic/casual of racing game players.

On a brighter note, I'm genuinely amped about Mirror's Edge! I meant to buy the game when it came out, but it was one of those titles that I kept on the perpetual back-burner. Super excited to finally give it a whirl.

I've only played horizon 2 and it was very good, much better than the crew. It's actually one of my favourite racers of all time now (I'm usually a nfs guy). It's worth trying but if you don't like racers then you don't like racers lol.

As opposed to? The first Horizon game is only on the 360.

It's not even that old. Only came out in 2012

JaggedSac

How in the heck do you have the cpu tag partner tag you in? Spent 10 minutes watching him get his ass beat only to have to win the match by making the opponent get lose by timeout outside the ring. Soooooo frustrating.

Edit: Referring to WWE2016.

I bought Forza Horizon and the season pass last month when they were $5 each. I guess I could have waited, but I did get about 30 hours of fun out of it so far, and I'm pumped that it will be Xbox One compatible now (all the 360 games with gold have to be).

I think the first one is better than Horizon 2, I'd highly recommend checking it out if you are a fan of open world racing games.

Yes! Forza Horizon. I'd been wanting that one, because I traded in my physical copy when I was lacking trade-in games for a promo. I love that game. Don't know when/if I'll play it again, but I'd been considering picking it up again.

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China is boring as Hell. I'll never play it again and dread the fact that the next two are on my backlog.

Mirror's Edge was okay. I beat it. It was overrated and got boring/tedious.

Not sure what the other XB1 game is.

The Forza Horizon games are better than the mainline ones.

Clunker

I just got an Xbone! And ordered Horizon 2, but now I guess I'm getting Horizon 1? Any suggestions on which I should start with?

xrnzaaas

I just got an Xbone! And ordered Horizon 2, but now I guess I'm getting Horizon 1? Any suggestions on which I should start with?

Horizon 2 was my first game on XONE. Tarmac races play very similar to the first game, offroad races are something new. And obviously it offers better graphics. The choice doesn't matter that much imo, it's mostly up to which setting you find more interesting - Colorado or France/Italy. :)

yyr

Which one is better - 6 or Horizon?

6 runs at 60fps and Horizon doesn't, so 6 wins in my book.

But ever since *actual* arcade racing games spoiled me during the 90s, and Ridge Racer V brought that home in 2000, I find it almost impossible to enjoy racing games that run at lower than 60fps. Since it was free, I played the F&F version of FH2, and it was fun enough that I managed to complete it, despite zoning out repeatedly due to the framerate, lol.

I'll give FH1 a shot. The price is right, after all. But what I really want is a 60fps FH3. If that means buying a Scorpio, then I would consider buying a Scorpio...

gamz

6 runs at 60fps and Horizon doesn't, so 6 wins in my book.

But ever since *actual* arcade racing games spoiled me during the 90s, and Ridge Racer V brought that home in 2000, I find it almost impossible to enjoy racing games that run at lower than 60fps. Since it was free, I played the F&F version of FH2, and it was fun enough that I managed to complete it, despite zoning out repeatedly due to the framerate, lol.

I'll give FH1 a shot. The price is right, after all. But what I really want is a 60fps FH3. If that means buying a Scorpio, then I would consider buying a Scorpio...

They are so different..Open and closed worlds. Horizon is much more fun, esp for people who don't enjoy racing games.

I think 30fps is a great call for Horizon. Perfect balance between performance and prettiness.

yyr

I realize that I don't speak for most people, but I equate 30fps with PS1 racing games, where the hardware was physically not good enough to have any level of detail at 60. As soon as PS2 came out, the best racing games (Gran Turismo, Ridge Racer, Burnout, etc.) went to 60, as they should have, and have stayed there ever since.

I would take less pretty if it would run more smoothly. I don't want a balance, I want 60fps if I'm moving at 200mph. And I understand that open-world games are much more demanding on the hardware, so compromises need to be made, and in practically all cases on console right now, that means a lower framerate. And I hate that!

So yeah, if it meant I could finally enjoy a Forza Horizon game in 60fps, I would buy a Scorpio to do it.

If I installed Forza 6 via the "Free Play Days" and want to buy the Standard Edition as it is currently on sale while playing the Free version, will it automatically switch to my bought version, are there any known issues with this Free Play Days?

May be a silly question and/or already covered ... As a 360-only owner with Gold account, am I able to "download" or check a box to get the free One games, assuming I upgrade to One?

I don't remember seeing that option in the Xbox website; I wasn't sure if Gold differentiated systems per account, etc.

flkraven

May be a silly question and/or already covered ... As a 360-only owner with Gold account, am I able to "download" or check a box to get the free One games, assuming I upgrade to One?

I don't remember seeing that option in the Xbox website; I wasn't sure if Gold differentiated systems per account, etc.

You can 'buy' all the Xbox One GWG games as long as you have XBL Gold, regardless whether or not you own an XB1. You just do it on xbox.com and 'buy' the games for free.

You can 'buy' all the Xbox One GWG games as long as you have XBL Gold, regardless whether or not you own an XB1. You just do it on xbox.com and 'buy' the games for free.
Thank you! I download the 360 Gold games religiously but I've never followed up on the One title option since I originally poked around. Thanks again for the info. Another "carrot" for me to upgrade down the line.

Lima

I realize that I don't speak for most people, but I equate 30fps with PS1 racing games, where the hardware was physically not good enough to have any level of detail at 60. As soon as PS2 came out, the best racing games (Gran Turismo, Ridge Racer, Burnout, etc.) went to 60, as they should have, and have stayed there ever since.

I would take less pretty if it would run more smoothly. I don't want a balance, I want 60fps if I'm moving at 200mph. And I understand that open-world games are much more demanding on the hardware, so compromises need to be made, and in practically all cases on console right now, that means a lower framerate. And I hate that!

So yeah, if it meant I could finally enjoy a Forza Horizon game in 60fps, I would buy a Scorpio to do it.

Or you know you could just buy the game on PC if you want to play Horizon at 60fps.

Top Bottom