• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Syriel

Just like Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider on 360 is also region-locked. What a shame. I kinda wanted to play it.

Add it to your account via the web and then do a region transfer so your account matches your console and physical location. Unless you're in a region that doesn't have a digital version of Tomb Raider, this should work just fine.

cuilan

Add it to your account via the web and then do a region transfer so your account matches your console and physical location. Unless you're in a region that doesn't have a digital version of Tomb Raider, this should work just fine.

This could work if I switch the region of my account first. Otherwise the website won't let me download it either. Since my account and console are linked, the website isn't going to allow me to "purchase" it. I think I'll just switch my account anyway.

NateDrake

Having played Rayman Legends on Wii U, the Murray levels really suck on X1. The controls with the button-prompts are terrible compared to Wii U GamePad.

Having played Rayman Legends on Wii U, the Murray levels really suck on X1. The controls with the button-prompts are terrible compared to Wii U GamePad.

Those levels are the game's lowlight. I wasn't even a big fan of them on the Wii U.

Then again, I'm not that interested in motion controls or touchscreens unless they're used really well.

NateDrake

Those levels are the game's lowlight. I wasn't even a big fan of them on the Wii U.

Then again, I'm not that interested in motion controls or touchscreens unless they're used really well.

Absolutely. The levels are bad regardless of which version. I just feel like they are way too slow on X1 when compared to Wii U. Kind of an odd adjustment to make.

Absolutely. The levels are bad regardless of which version. I just feel like they are way too slow on X1 when compared to Wii U. Kind of an odd adjustment to make.

I guess they were a bit slower on PS4, too. But, they were too fast and sometimes a pain on Wii U.

It's strange

Derpyduck

Banned

I think they're infinitely worse on the gamepad. In fact that demo was what eventually led to me dumping my Wii U for good. I played this game completely on PS4 and while the Murphy levels are still terrible, I found them to be much more playable using a regular controller.

The only thing I hate about the game is how hard they made it to platinum. Just needlessly and stupidly difficult.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I think they're infinitely worse on the gamepad. In fact that demo was what eventually led to me dumping my Wii U for good. I played this game completely on PS4 and while the Murphy levels are still terrible, I found them to be much more playable using a regular controller.

The only thing I hate about the game is how hard they made it to platinum. Just needlessly and stupidly difficult.

The achievement difficulty is a actually making me not want to play.

They were better on PS4, I agree. Less annoying.

Elixist

Rayman Legends is shockingly better than Origins.

jake-gyllenhaal-no.gif

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Good news for people who don't have Xbox One yet and only game on 360

"Starting today, Xbox Live Gold Members who don't have an Xbox One yet can start building their library of Xbox One games directly from Xbox 360 by taking advantage of the Games With Gold program. You have always been able to do it this via the web and my monthly Games With Gold posts. But now, on your Xbox 360 console head to the special Games With Gold section from the link on the home page of the console and you can 'purchase' it there."

Major Nelson

Video

THEF3AR

"Starting today, Xbox Live Gold Members who don't have an Xbox One yet can start building their library of Xbox One games directly from Xbox 360 by taking advantage of the Games With Gold program. You have always been able to do it this via the web and my monthly Games With Gold posts. But now, on your Xbox 360 console head to the special Games With Gold section from the link on the home page of the console and you can 'purchase' it there."

Major Nelson

Video

This is fantastic for non One owners.

Xemnas89

I'm conflicted when it comes to this. I played it on vita so I got the same experience as Wii U owners and didn't really care for those levels. I don't like them much in the X1 version either but at least I have full control of rayman. I'd rather they not exist at all though.

belushy

Banned

Major Nelson

Video

Sweet, I'll definitely take advantage of this. Didn't like having to input credit card into Xbox.com to get the games from there.

Interesting, I feel like the general consensus was the opposite. Either way I'm sure it's a great game and I can't wait to get into it. Loved Origins.

I haven't completed either game so I can't comment definitively but I will say that I like the visual "look" of Legends more than Origins. It also seems to control a little better, IMO.

"Starting today, Xbox Live Gold Members who don't have an Xbox One yet can start building their library of Xbox One games directly from Xbox 360"

Very smart. Gives people who haven't jumped to another platform serious reason to consider XB1. If they wait a year to upgrade consoles, they are going to be thinking about all those games they already have waiting for them on XB1.

Montresor

The achievement difficulty is a actually making me not want to play.

This is the closest you'll get to a Nintendo game on Xbox until Phil Spencer announces Banjo Kazooie 3 this E3.

Why not tank it and take the 950/1000?

I actually do have the 1000/1000 in this game and regret it. I wish I only went for 950/1000 (or whatever the max amount is without the level 11 achievement).

The game is gorgeous and incredible. A real treat to play.

cuilan

Is there any way to transfer saves from the 360 version of Rayman to the One version? I ask because I have a lot of progress in the former already.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot

Major Nelson

Video

Now, I've gotten all of the XB1 games from the start via the web, but to do this via the 360 console itself? Too good.

Man, the turnaround ever since Phil Spencer joined is incredible.

Elixist

Interesting, I feel like the general consensus was the opposite. Either way I'm sure it's a great game and I can't wait to get into it. Loved Origins.

it is a great game, so fakn pretty just like origins. green guy sux but lets not talk about him.

Dynasty8

Now, I've gotten all of the XB1 games from the start via the web, but to do this via the 360 console itself? Too good.

Man, the turnaround ever since Phil Spencer joined is incredible.

Agreed.

He has done a wonderful job cleaning the mess Mattrick left.

I can't stand the people who still hate Microsoft because of the whole E3 2013 scandal...so much has changed since Spencer started calling the shots.

Alx

Well Spencer has been doing good work, but let's not act as if everything good comes from him undoing Mattrick's work. The games with gold program started when Mattrick was still in charge, after all. And the dashboard was getting good updates at the time too.

Rayman Legends is good, but IDARB is seriously under-rated, it seems. It's absolutely brilliant fun.

I managed to drive someone to rage quit last night when I was winning 20-0, which brought up a funny animation. I cockily went on to another match and got battered over 106 - 4.

Gonna get a 2nd controller for local play on IDARB as it's that good. We really do need more couch co-op.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Any other Canadians getting this message when trying to add Tomb Raider to their carts?

This content is not available for consoles in your region.

sam777

Major Nelson

Video

New thread worthy?

SURGEdude

Glad to hear more people will get a chance to play Legends. It's awesome. I now own it on every platform it was released (PC,WiiU,Vita,PS4,PS3(gifted), and Bone) except 360.

Man, Rayman Legends is awesome. I just played through the first world plus today, though I've beaten it 1.5 times before.

Castle Rock is one of the greatest levels ever.

Top Bottom