• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

statham

I'm thinking Ryse too, with the achievement drop, it might get people who already beaten it to redownload it. Guessing Crytek gets paid per download and the reason for the added achievements.

Chris1

I think you answered your own question :D
Lol.. yeah I suppose :)
Games with Gold is hot on the 360. That is partly why I recently picked up another one.

Agreed, GWG on the 360 has been awesome the past few months - definitely glad I kept mine. First time playing Tomb Raider and it was fantastic, one of my favourite games of the past few years and has increased my interest in the sequel tremendously. Well played MS, you've got me wrapped around your little finger..

I wonder what they will give away for the 360 games in April, will that be 4 retail games or 2 retail 2 arcade? My guesses are one of the Batman Arkhams and Banjo nuts and bolts since both of them have sequels coming out/rumoured to be announced at E3. Read Dead Redemption could also be a good choice since that'll be R*'s next game and would make for an excellent GWG as it's one of the best games last gen and with the amount that GTA V sold, Take two might be wanting to expand the fan base for RDR riding off GTAV's success.

Giving away GWG's just before a sequel drops is something they tend to do on the 360 and it's what made me correctly predict TR being free soon before that was announced so I think they're all decent predictions.

jesu

This is Microsoft we're talking about. "Two free games on Xbox One" will mean one new game and one carry-over. It's not even being tricky.

I would be happy to be wrong, of course.

They told us we would be getting double in April.

We get get 2 new 360 each month and 1 new X1 game.
April will be 4 new 360 games and 2 new X1 games.

Castef

Banned
What a bad timing to not have gold, wanted to play Bioshock too

Err... Ok, you do not have gold. Yet:
- a Gold subscription is a bunch of dollars. If you "want" to play the game just subscribe.
- Bioshock Infinite has been discounted several times now, if you want to play it there are plenty of occasions to get it

Jarlaxle

I guess I'm the only one that likes these indie and smaller games as free. I've already played or own most of the big retail releases. I've loved things like Guacamelee, Max, D4. These are all games I never would have tried out otherwise. I'd love to see something like Child of Light or Strider.

If we're gonna go retail, I'd like to see Wolfenstein as that's one that interested me, I haven't played yet, and there's a sequel/prequel/DLC on the way.

Juanfp

It will cool if one game is Ryse. I also want to Tomb Raider come to GwG but for Xbox One, I have the 360 but for some reason it not detecting the internet connecting throught the ethernet cable and couldnt download the 360 version (I have the old 360 without wifi)

Ushay

It's good that Microsoft lets you download games for the Xbox One easily now if you don't have the console (Just in case you buy one).

I like that both platforms let you do this, so you generate a nice list for when you decide to take the plunge.

Since I got X360 this month (I bought GOLD right away), and I love both TR and Bioshock, I can't describe how much I am psyched for next month :D It certainly was good month to pick up X360

Dollar Yen

Neo Member
I like that both platforms let you do this, so you generate a nice list for when you decide to take the plunge.

- yeah, but nothing's good on One yet to deserve this yet. Sometimes, it looks like it's just exposing some indie games that people don't really want.

What a bad timing to not have gold, wanted to play Bioshock too

Same here. I was planning to grab BI during the next 2K sale but the GwG spared me that expense. I have only played 3-4 hours of BI, really like it.

Since I got X360 this month (I bought GOLD right away), and I love both TR and Bioshock, I can't describe how much I am psyched for next month :D It certainly was good month to pick up X360
Yes, very excited about upcoming GwGs. I had picked up TR on sale a few months ago so I kinda whiffed on that one; bound to happen a few more times although I'm pretty new to on demand scene.

W.S.

I concur

I expect Crimson Dragon to show up next month. Unfortunately it's really a disappointing game
I like Crimson Dragon but they really should lay off of that game for GwG. Just permanently discount it and rotate some other game in there.

Lococycle is going to happen. It's long overdue.

I have a hard time believing MS will put Lococycle on it. I don't think the general population of Gold members are clamouring for it (nor do I really think they should be...) and there is other stuff around they could do instead.

Top Bottom