• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

belushy

Banned
Happy I'ma finally be able to try Infinite. I'm also interested in what next month is since it is apparently 4 games for X360 and 2 games for Xone

I have a 500GB. I only have 90GB left. Just fucking take away the USB limit Microsoft for fucks sake.
I have a 500gb and it is probably close to half full. I have a lot of freebies and Games on Demand installed.

My older 360 Arcade is in my bedroom. I used (and use) the 16gb usb stick for that ... On demand was never an option. I did add a 20gb HD just to give it a little more breathing room.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
In order to get points for Xbox Rewards you have to spend 10hrs on each game, or is it for every 10hrs spent playing GWG titles?

Akai__

Anybody want to guess the 4 Xbox 360 and 2 Xbox One games for April?

Hoping for a good month, because the current one was (still is) pretty awesome.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

Still hoping for Ryse or DR3 despite already owning them.

As to the 4 360 games? Who knows.

I'm thinking it'll be 2 arcade, 2 retail.

No clue in Xbox 360, the library is huge, so could be anything really.

On Xbox One?

Given they are hyping up this month, could it be the first full retail game? Ryse maybe? Dead Rising? Forza 5?

A long shot, but it certainly feels like it could be something relatively "big".

No clue in Xbox 360, the library is huge, so could be anything really.

On Xbox One?

Given they are hyping up this month, could it be the first full retail game? Ryse maybe? Dead Rising? Forza 5?

A long shot, but it certainly feels like it could be something relatively "big".

Does Rayman Legends not count as the first retail game?

kevin1025

Banned
Does Rayman Legends not count as the first retail game?

That's the thing, they could be tricky and have it be one new game and Rayman again...but then it would be just like any other month, technically. On Xbox Wire, it says: "Xbox is giving you more of what you love, with twice the free Games in April! Next month, you can look forward to four free games on Xbox 360, and two free games on Xbox One." To me, that reads as two new games, than the usual one carry-over and one new.

That's the thing, they could be tricky and have it be one new game and Rayman again...but then it would be just like any other month, technically. On Xbox Wire, it says: "Xbox is giving you more of what you love, with twice the free Games in April! Next month, you can look forward to four free games on Xbox 360, and two free games on Xbox One." To me, that reads as two new games, than the usual one carry-over and one new.

That is how it is now, I took it to me 2 new games, otherwise it doesnt make sense to mention it.

I took it as 2 carry over games and 2 new games, someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I am currently at 430 Lums with platinum cups for Teensies in Trouble and Living Dead Party in Rayman Legends. All I can say is that the game is fucking incredible, and everyone should play it right now.

Bessy67

My guess is Ryse since they just gave it 3 new achievements randomly and maybe something like CastleStorm or Defense Grid 2.

Ghazi

I'm sure it's a toss up between Ryse and Dead Rising next month, I regards to a first AAA game. Would really love Forza Horizon 2, though.

It's going to be Ryse. They strangly just added new achievements last night to bring the game up to 2000 GS (was previously 1750).

Max COB did the same thing right before it was GwG, albeit they were challenges not achievements.

They're going to call Forza Fast and Furious one of the april games with gold. Calling it.
Umm...no.

Chris1

It's going to be Ryse. They strangly just added new achievements last night to bring the game up to 2000 GS (was previously 1750).

But it was on sale 3 weeks ago, and only a few days ago they sent a survey out about AW/QB that had an option to choose Ryse as a free game from preordering QB.. Wouldn't be much of an incentive to preorder QB if everyone got it free a few months before hand. Even though noone would probably pick that option, if they were going to give it away free in April I'd think they would have just left it out completely..

DR3 is a good pick though.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Ryse would be cool, I played through it pretty late and by then there wasn't much going on in the MP side. Would surely get more people playing it.

Rembrandt

Banned
But it was on sale 3 weeks ago, and only a few days ago they sent a survey out about AW/QB that had an option to choose Ryse as a free game from preordering QB.. Wouldn't be much of an incentive to preorder QB if everyone got it free a few months before hand. Even though noone would probably pick that option, if they were going to give it away free in April I'd think they would have just left it out completely..

DR3 is a good pick though.

We all know that survey was to see if Alan Wake Remaster should be free for pre-ordering QB.

ironcreed

Banned
I snagged Bioshock Infinite for the 360. I played it on PS3 back when it released and am curious to see if my opinion changes any upon revisiting it. Hopefully I can make room to play it soon.

Chris1

We all know that survey was to see if Alan Wake Remaster should be free for pre-ordering QB.

Yea but there was an option to choose free Ryse with QB pre order, if they were going to give away Ryse free with April, which I'd guess these type of things are decided months in advance (just like idarb), why would they even add that as an option to begin with?

Of course I don't think anyone would really choose free Ryse over a new game to XB1, but it doesn't make much sense to offer that option if they were going to give it away with gold only 2 weeks later. They could have very easily have left Ryse out and nobody would have been any the wiser, but since they even offered that in the first place that's why I don't think it will be Ryse anyways, which is a shame as it's not the type of game I would like but for free I'll download it just for the graphical prowess.

cakely

This is Microsoft we're talking about. "Two free games on Xbox One" will mean one new game and one carry-over. It's not even being tricky.

I would be happy to be wrong, of course.

Montresor

Please not Dead Rising 3... That game has $40 of story dlc. It taking up a GWG slot is an absolute waste and will provide zero value to someone who would want to play the dlc. Why have Dead Rising 3 base game for free and spend $40 on dlc when you can get the GOTY edition with all the DLC for sale at retail?

Edit: On second thought hasn't the base Dead Rising 3 game been delisted? If so... I wonder if MS would make the GOTY edition a GWG game (giving everyone all the DLC).

Chris1

Please not Dead Rising 3... That game has $40 of story dlc. It taking up a GWG slot is an absolute waste and will provide zero value to someone who would want to play the dlc. Why have Dead Rising 3 base game for free and spend $40 on dlc when you can get the GOTY edition with all the DLC for sale at retail?

Edit: On second thought hasn't the base Dead Rising 3 game been delisted? If so... I wonder if MS would make the GOTY edition a GWG game (giving everyone all the DLC).
Yep it has... Why do they even do that btw? It makes no sense really and just keeps the price higher than it should be.

That actually makes me think it won't be DR3, part of the reason to give games away with gold is to get them to buy dlc and/or potential sequels, is it not? But then again, they gave away DR2 and the case zero thing on the 360, so who knows..

A Microsoft game designer that worked on ryse tweeted that the game might get more achievements... This leads me to believe it might be one of the games we get next month.

I sure hope so... I played it at launch and really enjoyed it but traded it in well I could still get top dollar. I Would love to play it again.

Top Bottom