• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Miles X

Any word on Battlebloc theater yet?! Sick of waiting for this game, it's been so long I had to look up what it was called.

Oh my god. I HATE that here in France we don't have NBA Jam nor NFL Blitz. Games based on my two favorite sports, yay.

Any idea why these stupid regional restrictions occur?

Someone may have a more exact answer but I'd have to believe it's just due to licensing costs for the NBA and NFL. I'm sure contracts are for individual countries and not signed for global releases.

If those games are ONLY not available in France but everywhere else? Then no idea. EA doesn't like France?

Edit: Googling around it appears NBA Jam is everywhere but France. Yup, EA hates you. NFL Blitz looks like it might be restricted to North America? Or the pages I looked at were before it got a later release, not sure.

Xbox.com changed the box art of Crimson Dragon.
boxartlg.jpg

Looking like the game is coming soon, especially after the demo upload.

Also The Cave has been listed.

boxartlg.jpg

Listed release date Wednesday, 23rd January.
Xbox.com dates are always subject to change can sometimes be a good indication, sometimes not.

I just saw the Crimson Dragon gameplay video up on youtube and wow. That soundtrack has got me all kinds of excited.

I'm really surprised that this is a 360 game and not a PS3 one, considering the user base in Japan. Hopefully this game does well (day 1 for me) and a [spiritual successor] sequel of Panzer Dragoon Saga is made possible. /pipedream

Vert boil

People really shouldn't get their hopes up for Crimson Dragon coming any time soon. That box art is old and it was probably only put up again when they fixed their end after the snafu.

So there really isn't an ETA on Crimson Dragon? Its been SO LONG!
They maybe going to highlight it with another Arcade Next promo, April?

Someone may have a more exact answer but I'd have to believe it's just due to licensing costs for the NBA and NFL. I'm sure contracts are for individual countries and not signed for global releases.

If those games are ONLY not available in France but everywhere else? Then no idea. EA doesn't like France?

Edit: Googling around it appears NBA Jam is everywhere but France. Yup, EA hates you. NFL Blitz looks like it might be restricted to North America? Or the pages I looked at were before it got a later release, not sure.

I would understand if it were about marketing contracts but we have both NBA and NFL games here. So that really doesn't make any sense to me.

And yeah EA must be hating us for NBA Jam. Damn them.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Also The Cave has been listed.

boxartlg.jpg

Listed release date Wednesday, 23rd January.
Xbox.com dates are always subject to change can sometimes be a good indication, sometimes not.

Pretty interested in this, even though I don't know much about the actual gameplay.

Rlan

Hell, we've no idea what's going to be released this week, other than Black Knight Swords Japanese release. Could be anything at this point.

Week after that is Blood Knights.

vixlar

Is nba jam worth the pickup?
I do really like that game. If you liked the original you may like it. It has a better defense, you must use more buttons, it has an interesting roster, but, most of all, it is fun.

I really enjoy it, and still play it when my friends come home.

Vert boil

I'll update throughout the day.

DOTW

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
--Arctic Strike - 400msp (was 800)
--Khyber Strike - 400msp (was 800)
--Raven Strike - 600msp (was 1200)

-----

2k Publisher Sale

Axel and Pixel - 200msp (was 800)
The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom - 200msp (was 800)

Bioshock - 800msp/10$ (was 1600/20$) US price, check your region.

Bioshock 2 - 800msp/10$ (was 1600/20$) US price, check your region.
--Protector Trials - 200msp (was 400)
--Rapture Metro - 400msp (was 800)
--Minerva's Den - 400msp (was 800)
--Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack - 200msp (was 400)

Borderlands - 800msp/10$ (was 1600/20$) US Price, check your region.
--The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned - 400msp (was 800)
--Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot - 400msp (was 800)
--The Secret Armory of General Knoxx - 400msp (was 800)
--Claptrap's New Robot Revolution - 400msp (was 800)

Borderlands 2
--Mechromancer Pack - 400msp (was 800)

Civilization Revolution - 1600msp/20$ (was 2400/30$) US price, check your region.

Duke Nukem Forever - 800msp/10$ (was 1600/20$) US price, check your region. *hasn't dropped yet*

Mafia 2 - 800msp/10$ (was 1600/20$) US price, check your region. *GoD and most of the DLC hasn't dropped yet*
--Greaser Pack - 120msp (was 240)
--Jimmy's Vendetta - 400msp (was 800)
--Joe's Adventure - 400msp (was 800)
--Renegade Pack - 120msp (was 240)
--Vegas Pack - 120msp (was 240)
--War Hero Pack - 120msp (was 240)

NBA 2K12
--Legends Showcase - 400msp (was 800)

Lots of tat as well. Check the dashboard panel.
-----

Leedmees - 400msp (was 800)

-----
Sales & Specials+ app

Pool Nation - 400msp (was 800)
Scarygirl - 400msp (was 800)
Swarm - 160msp (was 400)

NBA Jam is not available in Brazil. No idea about NFL Blitz.

PJX

I just saw the Crimson Dragon gameplay video up on youtube and wow. That soundtrack has got me all kinds of excited.

I'm really surprised that this is a 360 game and not a PS3 one, considering the user base in Japan. Hopefully this game does well (day 1 for me) and a [spiritual successor] sequel of Panzer Dragoon Saga is made possible. /pipedream

Why would you be surprised that a Microsoft IP isn't on the PS3?

I was definitely gonna get PB Winterbottom but haven't even heard of Alex & Pixel, now I'm definitely getting both of these, for 200 points why not? :)

Axel and Pixel is great. It's not especially long or difficult, but it's always fun and interesting. For 200 points you'd be crazy not to get it

jgkspsx

I just can't forgive Axel and Pixel for how shamelessly and hamhandedlyit rips off the Amanita style. But then, 200 Allards...

Been waiting a long time for Winterbottom at that price.

Is Scarygirl worth the 400pts?

My GF needs a new platformer to play, and I think she'd like the artstyle... I'll download a trial when I get home from work, but thought I'd try and garner some opinions anyway.

Vert boil

Is Scarygirl worth the 400pts?

My GF needs a new platformer to play, and I think she'd like the artstyle... I'll download a trial when I get home from work, but thought I'd try and garner some opinions anyway.

Does she enjoy being frustrated? If yes then buy it. :D

It isn't a fun easy romp. It likes to kick you in the balls with some shitty design choices occasionally.
I gave up on it three quarters of the way through.

Vert boil

While we're onto 400MSP games, could I have some feedback from you guys on Mercury HG please?

It's good, worth full price. If you aren't going to time/score chase then it won't last too long. That's the only downside.
I'll be picking up the DLC if it ever goes on sale.

While we're onto 400MSP games, could I have some feedback from you guys on Mercury HG please?

mercury Hg is one of my favourite XBLA games. The presentation is lovely, and stick a custom soundtrack on and it's just absolutely joyous. The most fun comes in shaving milliseconds off your time, but there's enough levels and challenges that it'll last ages even if you're not into that stuff. It's brilliant.

I'll go ahead and try these demos out right now. I'm always ready for more 2-d sidescrolling puzzle games on XBLA.

If I liked Fez, Braid, and Limbo, will I enjoy these games?

If you liked those games, I wouldn't even bother with demos, just buy them =P

Top Bottom