• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLIG / PC (Steam, GamersGate): Cthulhu Saves The World (240pts / $3) - Insanity, Ho!

Chuckpebble

Just got H.P. Lovecraft the Complete Fiction for my birthday. Had Call of Cthulhu bookmarked for consumption later this evening.

Steam you say... I think I'll bite when that happens. We'll see.

So far I've read the Beast in the Cave and The Book. The latter is giving me a strong urge to play Eternal Darkness again.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
$3? I was ready to pay $10. I can't wait to finally play these.

Ceebs

Crunched said:
A shame this game hasn't been given more attention. Hopefully the Steam release rectifies that.
Launching at 3 bucks it will sell a boatload of copies on Steam when it goes up. If it sells enough to get in the top 10 they will have it made.

Card Boy

Banned
I'm surprised RainbowDespair and slash000 don't have gaf accounts, and if they do they should be approved.

They both post accounts over at the Penny Arcade forums and RainbowDespair posts over at the Steam forums.

Games up for pre-order at GamersGate:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CSW/cthulhu-saves-the-world

236712_screen4_medium.jpg

slash000

Zeboyd Games
Hey everyone!

I wanted to stop by and let everyone know that Robert and myself are pretty excited about the launch of Cthulhu Saves the World (and Breath of Death VII) on Steam this Wednesday, and that we just received a few free codes.

So we wanted to post three free Steam download codes here for each game!

To make it fun, the first three people to correctly answer these questions I will PM a code for CSTW & BoDVII on Steam:

1. What do the initials "H.P." stand for in Lovecraft's name?
2. Who "wrote" the Necronomicon?
3. Where does Cthulhu lie sleeping?

Not too hard. Good luck! And feel free to ask whatever questions you want about our games in this thread.

Embryon

Neo Member
1. Howard Phillips Lovecraft
2. Honestly? I had to Google this one. Abdul Alhazred, perhaps?
3. In his house at Rl'yeh!

Heysoos

slash000 said:
Hey everyone!

I wanted to stop by and let everyone know that Robert and myself are pretty excited about the launch of Cthulhu Saves the World (and Breath of Death VII) on Steam this Wednesday, and that we just received a few free codes.

So we wanted to post three free Steam download codes here for each game!

To make it fun, the first three people to correctly answer these questions I will PM a code for CSTW & BoDVII on Steam:

1. What do the initials "H.P." stand for in Lovecraft's name?
2. Who "wrote" the Necronomicon?
3. Where does Cthulhu lie sleeping?

Not too hard. Good luck! And feel free to ask whatever questions you want about our games in this thread.

1. Howard Phillips
2. Abdul Alhazred
3. R'lyeh

slash000

Zeboyd Games
Embryon, Nekobo, and Heysoos are the three lucky winners. The PMs have been sent!

I hope you guys like these games if you haven't had a chance to play / try them yet; if you have I hope you like the enhancements/additional content added to each one.

We're pretty excited about this Steam release so I hope it goes well!

Heysoos

slash000 said:
Embryon, Nekobo, and Heysoos are the three lucky winners. The PMs have been sent!

I hope you guys like these games if you haven't had a chance to play / try them yet; if you have I hope you like the enhancements/additional content added to each one.

Thanks! :)

Embryon

Neo Member
Thank you so much! I loved Breath of Death VII, but I haven't played CSTW, so I'm very excited to try it for the first time. I've made sure to get the word out about these games on RPGFan, so I hope it helps you guys out. :)

1-D_FTW

slash000 said:

EDIT: Nevermind. See it's releasing on the 13th.

Heysoos

1-D_FTW said:
Any ETA on Steam?

This Wednesday.
slash000 said:
Hey everyone!

slash000

Zeboyd Games
Embryon said:
Thank you so much! I loved Breath of Death VII, but I haven't played CSTW, so I'm very excited to try it for the first time. I've made sure to get the word out about these games on RPGFan, so I hope it helps you guys out. :)

Thanks, we appreciate it when you spread the word, every little bit helps.

If you liked BODVII, I think you'll like CSTW even more. It's a bigger, better game with more depth and variety.

Heysoos said:
This Wednesday.

Yeah, it will be this Wednesday though I don't know if there is an exact time. But it will be up there Wednesday on Steam and on GamersGate this Wednesday the 13th.

I got a free code from the dev's twitter feed, so I'll gift a copy on Wednesday to the first person who stakes a claim by quoting this post. I know it doesn't cost much, but I'd imagine there are one or two people here on the verge of bankruptcy due to the Steam summer sale. :)

gdt

Bobby Truffles said:
I got a free code from the dev's twitter feed, so I'll gift a copy on Wednesday to the first person who stakes a claim by quoting this post. I know it doesn't cost much, but I'd imagine there are one or two people here on the verge of bankruptcy due to the Steam summer sale. :)

Hi!

Bobby Truffles said:
i'll try

Sanic

I know it's only $3 but, the idea of spending MORE money right after the Steam sale...

I really want this, but it'll probably be the first time I put an active effort towards winning a copy.

Sanic

The questions they're posting on Twitter to get a code are basically impossible for me, and I imagine most people without extensive j/rpg experience, so I may just give up on the idea of winning a copy :p

Echoplx

Pandoracell said:
The questions they're posting on Twitter to get a code are basically impossible for me, and I imagine most people without extensive j/rpg experience, so I may just give up on the idea of winning a copy :p

This. Seriously. Every time he asks a question I'm like

8QOzd.jpg

Sanic

They're questions that you can't even look up, and seeing as he apparently has more codes than he knows what to do with, he really could be more generous here :p

e: Yeah at this point I wish he would just post codes. Googling these things doesn't get me a response quickly enough, and I don't know any of it off the top of my head.

Pandoracell said:
They're questions that you can't even look up, and seeing as he apparently has more codes than he knows what to do with, he really could be more generous here :p

e: Yeah at this point I wish he would just post codes. Googling these things doesn't get me a response quickly enough, and I don't know any of it off the top of my head.

He can't post codes because there are two codes, one for each game.

KageMaru

Gryphter said:
When does the Super Hyper Enhanced version update for XBL? I'm waiting for it before buying/playing

I purchased the game when it first launched on XBLIG, does this mean I'll have to purchase the enhanced version too or do I download it by re-downloading the original file? I would buy it again, no problem as I want to support these guys, but I figured I'd ask to make sure.

Echoplx

So he stops asking questions about RPGs and come up with this

Name the famous indie game whose name is in the name of my favorite Magic: TG card (2BB legendary creature w/ sacrificing each turn).

I GIVE UP HE CAN HAVE MY 3 DOLLARS

Sanic

I'm so tempted to just spam answers, but that would look pretty dumb and I don't know if he would give me the code anyway.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck, I must buy this right now. The reviews hyped me up badly.

slash000

Zeboyd Games
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to say that we did the last code contest on twitter earlier today, so please tell your friends to pick up the games when they go on sale tomorrow :) We have to save most of the remaining codes we have to send to reviewers/websites and so forth.

HadesGigas said:
He can't post codes because there are two codes, one for each game.

Indeed, we wanted individuals who received the games to get the set. Plus, you know we wanted to make it somewhat interesting by doing little quizes/contests :p

KageMaru said:
I purchased the game when it first launched on XBLIG, does this mean I'll have to purchase the enhanced version too or do I download it by re-downloading the original file? I would buy it again, no problem as I want to support these guys, but I figured I'd ask to make sure.

The Enhanced Version of CSTW will be a free, automatic update to the XBLIG version. Basically you do not have to re-buy the game; rather, when the Enhanced version goes live on XBLIG sometime tomorrow, you merely have to run the game on your Xbox and it will display a message telling you that there is an update and would you like to download and install it. Doing so will deliver the enhanced version content to your game at no cost.

I hope you guys check it out on Steam and/or GamersGate tomorrow!

Gaspode_T

Can't wait! I wonder what will happen to my saved game, should I just start a new game to appreciate everything new? I was only like 2 hours into it when I got distracted by other things

One of the things I was the most impressed by is how you captured the feel of walking around FF2/FF3 (US) dungeons, to the point of "I bet if I walk this way there will be a chest" intuition kicking in

slash000

Zeboyd Games
Gaspode_T said:
Can't wait! I wonder what will happen to my saved game, should I just start a new game to appreciate everything new? I was only like 2 hours into it when I got distracted by other things

One of the things I was the most impressed by is how you captured the feel of walking around FF2/FF3 (US) dungeons, to the point of "I bet if I walk this way there will be a chest" intuition kicking in

Personally I usually start afresh with games I haven't played in a while, but the new content is mostly stuff that you will be able to play once you've gotten through the main game (such as the new story mode, "Cthulhu's Angels" and other bonus modes / unlockables [like bromides]).

I hope people that have played through CSTW once will load up the Enhanced version and check out Cthulhu's Angels and the other new stuff too.

Card Boy

Banned
Robert (i assume slash000) twittered

Unless there's a change at the last minute, there will be a "Buy 3, Get 1 Free" option for CSTW+BoDVII on Steam. Share the eldritch love! :)
2 hours ago

http://twitter.com/#!/werezompire/status/91003328682655744

I guess there is going to be a 4 pack.

Top Bottom