• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Taco Bell team up to give fans Xbox One X starting 8/31

Heh, same for me. Between my brother, his girl friend, another family member, and myself we have yet to win.

It's so annoying, same here. At first I was trying early in the morning but now just at random times. With friends and family, we've at least attempted like 30xs now since last Friday.

If it weren't for actually seeing people who've poster wins, I wouldn't believe this was legit.

I think I just won with free code!!! I never win in these types of promotions :)

I got to "You are done claiming your prize" screen, but I have not received confirmation email... Should I be concerned?

Another contest, I've been doing these since they started, like 6 or 7 of them now. I go 10 codes a day. Never have won. That's like 700 entries. This contest is stupid.

Another contest, I've been doing these since they started, like 6 or 7 of them now. I go 10 codes a day. Never have won. That's like 700 entries. This contest is stupid.

Chance is always going to be chance my friend. I generally don't win these types of things either, but it's always worth it to try (for free at least).

"BID
Use points to bid on auctions that close every 60 seconds between 9:01pm and 11:30pm ET."

eww, they make sure it's going to be busy. Least it gives me time tonight to find a few bags to hopefully snag early game auctions when it's likely less people on.

i found that a better system, than just pure luck draw
if you want a console this way, you can get it

it's fine. the right people won :p

Winner winner chicken dinner. I feel like I might have to wake up at 4/5am Eastern Time to input these codes now.

Honestly don't know if that helps, technically it should but from years and years of seeing winners on gaf it's been mostly during the day. It's still by far pure luck.

Good luck.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I won at early between 8am and 9m

3rd try too lol

Trying to figure out where the damn doritos bag code is. Fuck that contest, you gotta bid on that shit for it.

JdFoX187

Banned
Has anyone received anything further beyond the initial congratulations email? I've seen some mention seeing a message about finished claiming their prize and I never got that.

Has anyone received anything further beyond the initial congratulations email? I've seen some mention seeing a message about finished claiming their prize and I never got that.

I may be mistaken of what that person was talking about but I think that's if they won by the text message, they're sent a PIN number to use with registration since if you entered by website you're registered before you have a chance to win.

I combed over the rules and it has all these instructions for text winners and one sentence buried in there that basically says if you won by website (like I did)then no further action needs to be done at this time.

Been trying most of these Taco Bell promotions since the original Xbox 360 contest and nothing, but I'm sure this will be promo I actually cash in on

Where in the rules does it say early morning is better? Isn't it just because fewer people should be trying at such an hr?

Yes, and that’s why it helps.

Edit: the rules say within every 10 minutes an opportunity to wins opens up. When less people are entering, the odds are in your favor.

JdFoX187

Banned
I may be mistaken of what that person was talking about but I think that's if they won by the text message, they're sent a PIN number to use with registration since if you entered by website you're registered before you have a chance to win.

I combed over the rules and it has all these instructions for text winners and one sentence buried in there that basically says if you won by website (like I did)then no further action needs to be done at this time.

Ah, awesome. You and I are in the same boat, then. I won by website too and hadn't heard anything. I can rest easy. Thank you, sir.

Ah, awesome. You and I are in the same boat, then. I won by website too and hadn't heard anything. I can rest easy. Thank you, sir.

Quite welcome. Believe me, I had to have read the rules slowly a dozen times to make sure I didn't screw anything up haha

Won at 6:53 am est guys!! Whew! I never win things I still cannot believe it!

Now only got to wait on the verification email.

Congrats, I woke up around that time frame, and something was like enter the code, but I felt like more sleep was more important and I rolled over and went back to sleep.

Congrats though, hopefully next time I get that feeling I actually do it then and there.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Congrats to those have won. I am still crying and praying I get one....pray for me gaf.... pray for me.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I forgot to try earlier and I’m not awake early enough / late enough to try at better times. As expected, no dice.

For those who seem to be winning, is there a "sweet spot" timing wise that's working? The wife and I get up at around 6 AM EST and I've been trying around then with no luck. I'm also torn on whether or not I should use all 5 available entries during the same 10-minute time slot or spread them out... I've been using 2-3 entries during the same 10-minute window, while waiting to use the other two. Share your strategies!

Edit: I'm dumb and make large purchasing decisions on a whim.

It seems like nearly all of the winners here enter at 5-6am. I've been entering in the 2-4am range and keep getting nada. I'm convinced there aren't even consoles being given at that time lol.

Rootbeer

Banned
today when i TXT the code in I don't get a reply. should i just keep trying till I get a reply? sucks :(

*edit* okay finally got a response 5 mins later, no winner... still. I think the late night redemption is a lie. should try early in the morning instead :/

Texted a code about 15 mins ago...still no response. 🤔

This happened to me yesterday. Waited an hour. Resent the code. Waited another hour. Still no response. Registered online and resent the code. Came back as invalid. Went back to TB for another box. They had ran out.

kingocfs

This happened to me yesterday. Waited an hour. Resent the code. Waited another hour. Still no response. Registered online and resent the code. Came back as invalid. Went back to TB for another box. They had ran out.

Damn, you got worked.

But yeah, I still haven't received a response. I'm just going to pretend that I won for now.

Top Bottom