• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 Conference 6/11 2pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

emb

Yeah, but our service is in the afternoon. It's from 1pm to 3pm. It would also take us until around 4pm to get back home, and considering the show starts at 2pm here in the west.......Yeah. Seems like I'm one of the unlucky ones. :/
Ah, gotcha. I realize that I was short sighted to assume everyone to be meeting at the same times!

Lichter

As a XBO and PC owner I couldn't care less about Scorpio (as a consumer, but I'm still intrigued about how they'll present it), show me new gaaaames.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Here's hoping Halo 6 allows splitscreen on Scorpio.

If Halo 5's split screen was a technical limitation for XBO, it would be awesome if the Scorpio allowed spitscreen for Halo 5 (as one of its upgrade features).

Microsoft showing this off on Sunday means they have a lot to show, I think. They want to maximize viewers, and I think people will be surprised at the game announcements too if Spencer's "Scorpio without games is worthless" sentiment holds true.

I don't care at all about "games, games, games", just focus on Scoprio and how powerful it is. Give me graphs and charts about FPS, effects, AA, and resolution. I want so many benchmarks that I can analyze them for weeks. Show me the silicon. I want to know who is supplying the memory chips, how many ports are on the back/front/sides, and I definitely want a transistor count.

The above is my counter example to how absurd the games, games, games comments are. Of course there will be games, quit being ridiculous

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Also if they drop spltscreen to 30fps on OG Xbox One?

Potentially. 343 may not want to mess with the frame rate for its multiplayer, on the XBO side. Scorpio should definitely be able to handle 60 FPS + split screen for Halo 5.

Space_nut

Lol. Do people think they'll just bring out the wafer and wave it around or something? Of course they are going to show games on it!

They gonna take that wafer and bless us

xw3tWgF.jpg

Wedzi

Banned
Interesting it'll be in the Galen Center again. I expected them to think about moving over to the Microsoft Theater where Sony (and Nintendo used to) has their E3 press conference.

Ushay

The gauntlet has been layeth!

Sunday is perfect for me will be 10PM over in UK time, kids will be fast asleep. Bring on E3!

HYYYPPPEEEEEEEEEE !

Why does Microsoft always go first. I don't get it.

However cool Scorpio announce is, they'll have to announce price.

At which point Sony can decide how low to go with their response.

Even if they hit $399 for Scorpio, Sony can guaranteed go out the very next day with a super appealing price for the Pro.

Wtf?

Tell us how you really feel dude. Lmao fucking panicing because of a console announcement.

Somnia

Is it sad I'm more excited to see peoples reactions of the system than seeing the system?

that isn't true, I'm hyped as hell to see Scorpio finally.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
So now they start fucking up my weekend with a Banjo-free conference? Saturday would actually be more convenient, because then I don't need to work the day after ^^.

Sarobi

Banned
Is it sad I'm more excited to see peoples reactions of the system than seeing the system?

The reactions are going to be literally over the top, and tons of people are going to be banned. So.. yeah.. I'm more excited for the meltdowns.

Even if they hit $399 for Scorpio, Sony can guaranteed go out the very next day with a super appealing price for the Pro.

What I kept telling y'all this whole time..the panic is REAL,lmao..the inevitable hurricane storm is coming.

Can't fn wait for the reveal.

jelly

Booo, Microsoft conference was always perfectly timed for Europe in the evening. Sony is like 2-3am in the morning. Microsoft was nicely placed about 6pm.

EDIT - I see some posts that it's 10pm-11pm or thereabout in Europe. Well, I can live with that but I'll stay up way too late afterwards. Hype anyway!

Salty Hippo

I don't care at all about "games, games, games", just focus on Scoprio and how powerful it is. Give me graphs and charts about FPS, effects, AA, and resolution. I want so many benchmarks that I can analyze them for weeks. Show me the silicon. I want to know who is supplying the memory chips, how many ports are on the back/front/sides, and I definitely want a transistor count.

The above is my counter example to how absurd the games, games, games comments are. Of course there will be games, quit being ridiculous

I think no one is saying there won't be games. The thing is Microsoft's last two E3s were pretty weak in terms of new game announcements, and the recent cancellations and studio shut downs didn't do them any favors. So they need to announce a lot of games to get people excited about their platform again, and any time that goes into hardware talk can arguably detract from that purpose. Because ultimately games are what really matter to most people.

Zukkoyaki

I don't mind it being on Sunday but I always liked the all day E3 blowout on Monday with pretty much back-to-back press conferences. It was basically Christmas morning for me.

I'm expecting their conference this year to be solid but very safe. Soooo basically shit in the eyes of GAF.

I think the separation is good. It allows all the information to get exposure and consumption instead of being pushed several pages back by another tidal wave of info.

jelly

I noticed there is more Xbox One S bundle sales recently. Clearing the white stock for a black Xbox One S and Scorpio......I think they made way too many FIFA bundles.

Pif

Banned
They won't announce price this E3 for sure.

Also I'm curious to see how much better 6TF looks than 4.2.

I wish we had a stand alone.event for.scorpio hardware though. Then e3 showin the games off with more time.

Then again having scorpio at e3 seems like a play to have all eyes on them with a new console to ask questions about.

Interesting strategy ms. I see you.

^

If it has 9gbddr5 ram. We can say about 40% better right? If it has 12gb and a better cou than jag then it will play/look better than what xbox one is to ps4. Anyone correct me if im wrong.

jelly

They won't announce price this E3 for sure.

Also I'm curious to see how much better 6TF looks than 4.2.

Your eyes will uncompress.

It would nice if consoles got some non blobby pixelated shadows.

Xbox Scorpio 'It can do AF'

I wish we had a stand alone.event for.scorpio hardware though. Then e3 showin the games off with more time.

Then again having scorpio at e3 seems like a play to have all eyes on them with a new console to ask questions about.

Interesting strategy ms. I see you.

I dont if (and Im an Xbox fan) they have enough games to cover an entire conference with just them without any kind of hardware talk.

SOR5

10 mins showing new hardware

80 mins showing games on new hardware
(No bullshit developer talky-time, do all that when showing off the hardware instead, preferably Panos)

Show gameplay where possible

Show new IP's, fan favourite IP's where possible

Stop letting EA and Ubisoft hog up showtime unless its a showing that specifically benefits Xbox/Win10, not some boring marketing deal either

Get the audience excited for god sake please, make it into a SHOW, MS can do very hype announcements but they're few and far between, and usually tech-related instead of a beloved or long-awaited game (10 minutes of Gwent, fucking really? Take big tips from Sony E3 for this)

There, all you need

What does that even mean?

Man in charge of E3 event asks rhetorical question regarding return of beloved series, heart attacks follow

Let's go!

Yo, what is this. LMAO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom