• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA) News and Announcements Thread - 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

besiktas1

I want to do a live stream too... :( now if I could somehow balance my iPhone to get a CAM quality and an early code I'd be good to go.

-GJ-

FYI, PlayXBLA is going to do another Live Stream of Dust:AET Tomorrow (Tuesday) at 3PM PST. I believe it'll be the same playthrough, but I'll be there and hopefully a number of the voice talent drop in. And the echo issues from the last stream should be resolved.

Not gonna watch tbh. I will watch it after I've played the game for the commentary. Don't wanna get anything spoiled.

Vert boil

DOTW

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
--The Legend of Dead Kel - 400msp (was 800)
--Teeth of Naros - 400msp (was 800)
--Weapon and Armour Bundle - 200msp (was 400)

Bejeweled 3 - 600msp (was 1200)

*JPN (maybe Asian as well) only*Ms. Splosion Man - 400msp (was 800)*JPN (maybe Asian as well) only*
-----

Sales and Specials+ App

Ikaruga - 600msp (was 800)
Radiant Silvergun - 960msp (was 1200)
Sine Mora - 800msp (was 1200)

Chain Reaction: Bioshock 2. Protector Trials - 200msp (was 400) > Sinclair Solutions - 200msp (was 400) > rapture Metro - 400msp (was 800) > Minerva's Den - 200msp (was 800).

Some GoD reductions as well - http://xbldb.com/offer-history/price-changes

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
DOTW

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
--The Legend of Dead Kel - 400msp (was 800)
--Teeth of Naros - 400msp (was 800)
--Weapon and Armour Bundle - 200msp (was 400)

Bejeweled 3 - 600msp (was 1200)

*JPN (maybe Asian as well) only*Ms. Splosion Man - 400msp (was 800)*JPN (maybe Asian as well) only*
-----

Sales and Specials+ App

Chain Reaction: Bioshock 2. Protector Trials - 200msp (was 400) > Sinclair Solutions - 200msp (was 400) > rapture Metro - 400msp (was 800) > Minerva's Den - 200msp (was 800).

Some GoD reductions as well - http://xbldb.com/offer-history/price-changes

Damn, whoever called the Bioshock 2 deals was right on the money - and I just started playing it yesterday for the first time finally, and I've heard so much good about Minerva's Den.

But the kicker is it's in that Chain Reaction thing, and I never buy DLC weapons for any game. So I might wait for another deal.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Is Counter-Strike XBLA coming out at the end of August or what?

http://sites.google.com/site/xblareleaseschedule/

08/08 Hybrid (Microsoft/5th Cell) 1200MSP
08/15 Dust: An Elysian Tail (Microsoft/Humble Hearts) 1200MSP
08/17 The Expendables 2 Videogame (UBI/Zootfly)
08/22 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Valve/Valve, Hidden Path Entertainment) 1200MSP
08/22 JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure HD Ver. (Capcom/Capcom) 1600MSP
08/29 Rock Band Blitz (Harmonix/Harmonix) 1200MSP
09/05 Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise (7Sixty/Qooc Soft) 800MSP
09/12 Double Dragon Neon (Majesco/WayForward) 800MSP

Guiz

I'll check that out.

Also, I just downloaded the Sine Mora trial the other day and loved it but wished for a discount. Perfect timing!

Sine Mora was a huge disappointment to me, begin like a danmaku and finish like an ability game.
If you have any friends that have the game, you should try a complete run or at least look for superplay on YT. I was really enjoyed by the demo but the complete game is really different.

@Noogy this will probably be my last post in this thread before gamescom.
Because of all the gamescom stuff I have to do this week I just wanted to say this:

GOOD LUCK next week and just enjoy it, haters gonna hate.
Well wishes and keep us informed how the game is doing if at all possible.

AS SOON as I get back from gamescom I'll buy it and play it and post in the OT, but that will not be before the 23rd I think :(

Enjoy and godspeed!

Lima

How do I get the sales and specials app if I'm not American?

You either don't or you live in the UK.

You can download the app from the American/UK marketplace but the app just shows a blank screen if you boot it up outside of the US/UK.

Z_Y

The sales app needs some major work. Purchases through the app don't show up in the marketplace and vice versa. What I mean by that is this: I bought IloMilo through the sales app...but if I go to redownload it from the marketplace it shows that I haven't purchased it. The only way to redownload it is to scroll through your download history. That's more than a minor inconvenience because at some point somebody is going to accidentally purchase something twice.

Due to this problem...the chain reaction deals are borked as well. Say I already purchased steps 1 and 2 previously via the marketplace....the sales app doesn't register these purchases so I'd have to re-buy steps 1 and 2 in order to get deal 3.

Surely all of this isn't intentional, is it? Seems like this would have been ironed out before the app went live.

The sales app needs some major work. Purchases through the app don't show up in the marketplace and vice versa. What I mean by that is this: I bought IloMilo through the sales app...but if I go to redownload it from the marketplace it shows that I haven't purchased it. The only way to redownload it is to scroll through your download history. That's more than a minor inconvenience because at some point somebody is going to accidentally purchase something twice.

Due to this problem...the chain reaction deals are borked as well. Say I already purchased steps 1 and 2....the sales app doesn't register these purchases so I'd have to re-buy steps 1 and 2 in order to get deal 3.

Surely all of this isn't intentional, is it? Seems like this would have been ironed out before the app went live.

Didn't the 100MB patch fix that?

It is a pretty shit app though, even the consolation sales aren't too hot any more, Ika and RS have both been on sale for less than that already.

@Noogy this will probably be my last post in this thread before gamescom.
Because of all the gamescom stuff I have to do this week I just wanted to say this:

GOOD LUCK next week and just enjoy it, haters gonna hate.
Well wishes and keep us informed how the game is doing if at all possible.

AS SOON as I get back from gamescom I'll buy it and play it and post in the OT, but that will not be before the 23rd I think :(

Enjoy and godspeed!

C4Lukins

Make sure you have people to play with. It's a pretty terrible game in single-player, but is excellent in co-op.

It definitely shines in coop, but it is completely competent and fun to try and solo it. I would play levels by myself to test out all of the different upgrades and learn the levels so I did not F up in multiplayer.

C4Lukins

Due to this problem...the chain reaction deals are borked as well. Say I already purchased steps 1 and 2 previously via the marketplace....the sales app doesn't register these purchases so I'd have to re-buy steps 1 and 2 in order to get deal 3.

Yeah it is a mess. You have to go both to the app and the various sales instant blades to find everything instead of having it all in one place. And even then it seems that Games on Demand sales are super hidden.

I am not even sure why the app exists. So that you can launch a scratch game and that chain thing? If you are going to have a sales app, put everything that is on sale in it.

I am not in the dashboard beta so if this has been addressed then ignore my comments.

It definitely shines in coop, but it is completely competent and fun to try and solo it. I would play levels by myself to test out all of the different upgrades and learn the levels so I did not F up in multiplayer.

It depends how much you've been grinding. My feeling is that you should be able to go through each level one after the other and have the ability to beat them. I didn't find that to be the case when I played solo, because it was tough enough defending one base but when you have to defend two, or when tubes are coming from opposite sides of the level you just can't be everywhere you need to be at once, and you can't afford enough emplacements to cover yourself. Beyond the first few levels, I felt constantly underpowered, and it felt like I was losing because of how I was choosing to play the game rather than my own lack of skill.

(I'm sure my own lack of skill was a factor, to an extent!)

Solo is fine once you're in level IV trenches and have kick ass sniper cannons, but the grind to get there is SLOW if you aren't co-oping.

400 msp is well worth it to get scott pilgrim online, I still play it now and again and it's a great game. Still need to get the knives cheevos.

Vert boil

Released today,

boxartlg.jpg

Hybrid - 1200msp, 1.59GB.

Hmm is the Kingdoms of Amalur stuff any good? I've got the game on my shelf, I liked the few min I played, I'll get to it properly one day.

Does any of the DLC add to/change the game drastically or anything or just bonus 'visit this new area with some story' stuff and I'd prolly just be satisfied enough with the regular game?

PopfulMail

Oh wow... Sacred Citadel looks pretty damn slick. Really diggin' the look. SouthEnd has me as a fan for life after ilomilo so I'll be looking forward to this one.

-GJ-

So I decided to watch a couple minutes of the Dust stream yesterday (not that long because I hate spoilers), but the music in that game is amazing. I hope Noogy decides to release an OST on Bandcamp or iTunes.

Hmm is the Kingdoms of Amalur stuff any good? I've got the game on my shelf, I liked the few min I played, I'll get to it properly one day.

Does any of the DLC add to/change the game drastically or anything or just bonus 'visit this new area with some story' stuff and I'd prolly just be satisfied enough with the regular game?

I would like to know this as well

Slermy

-----

Sales and Specials+ App

My god, shooter specials? I can get behind this. I may finally pick up Sine Mora.

Reveal trailer from Sacred Citadel which is the new game from SouthEnd Interactive (ilomilo).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5pLQXIk-6cE

Game looks really nice.

When I first saw this trailer I was very turned off. On second look, I can see how it looks appealing, but don't really see the Sacred connection with this. It should just have been a new IP.

Jhoan

I would like to know this as well. I'm seriously considering checking out both DLC's at that price (even though I'm nowhere near done with the vanilla campaign). I wonder who gets the money? I'm guessing it's EA because they published the game.

Double Dragon Neon is going to be a day one purchase for me regardless of reviews because I'm going to make the OT. I have faith it's gonna be good because Way Forward has a good reputation of making some pretty solid games. I've been a huge DD fan since the NES days; I still have the Double Dragon II: The Revenge cart for it. It looks like it's going to be this year's Scott Pilgrim vs The World.

Speaking of which, I might bite and pony up the 5 bucks for the inclusion of online co-op (Finally, although it should have been a free update) because I still need to get the Knives achievements. Wallace as an extra character is a nice incentive as well.

Dust looks pretty bad ass by the way. The best game of the SoA line up is being saved for last (with respect to Jackson; Hybrid was pretty cool from what little I played of the tutorial in the Beta). It looks like a 2D Devil May Cry. I will be keeping my eye on it and try out the demo next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom