• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Countdown to 2013 sale [begins Dec 18th]

Cheddahz

Banned
Why am I actually debating if I should get one of these family games....but umm yeah, is Toy Story 3 or Banjo Kazooie a better game?

Jhoan

Why am I actually debating if I should get one of these family games....but umm yeah, is Toy Story 3 or Banjo Kazooie a better game?

I can only speak for Toy Story 3 since I have it but it's one of the best movie tie-in games I've played this gen. Toy Box mode is indeed the crown jewel of the game since it's basically its own separate game. The main game's level are good too; they remind me of Chibi Robo which I loved. So you get two games in one. If you play the story levels, you unlock stuff in Toy Box mode as well.

There's so much stuff to do and unlock, it's not even funny. You can customize the citizens, the houses; it has a game in and of itself.While it's a kid's game at its core in that it's not frustrating and simple, it has the depth that many adult gamers enjoy.

If you have a PS3 (I don't), I would suggest you get that version since it has Zurg as a playable exclusive character with his own set of missions. Otherwise for 10 bucks, I would say go for it. I got it for around the same price myself a few months ago.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Just 50% off today. Up now but may take a little bit to filter round.

30th: Fighting Games
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/countdown-2013-12-30-fighting-games

Slygmous

Sounds like its time to try out Street Fighter. I think this might round out the sale for me, unless the Skyrim stuff is super cheap.

Aspiring

Ok I need some help. I really want banjo an Kazooie but I am in a pickle. I have a US 360 but live in australia and it won't let me buy te game from the Australian marketplace as I assuming its region locked, however it also will not let me buy from the US store, which is unusual. Now, if I was to give someone my US account details and say they purchased the game for me, will it allow me to download it? Or am I still out of luck?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Just 50% off today. Up now but may take a little bit to filter round.

30th: Fighting Games
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/countdown-2013-12-30-fighting-games

The Virtua Fighter discount is live.

I live in the UK. Is there a way I can take advantage of cheaper Games On Demand prices for other regions? And if so, will I have any problems playing them on my main UK account?

I want to get Bully and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts at 800 points each, but here they're 1080 points.

I said I was done but I had a few extra points on my account so went back and picked up Crazy Taxi today. Wasn't really my cup of tea back in the Dreamcast days but it's worth a twirl for $2.50.

Looking at Skyrim prices in Europe (£50/70€), I don't see how the game could be a good deal, unless it's 66% off or something.

skyrim has surprisingly kept its value. I haven't seen a new copy sell for less than £23 in quite some time. in fact, I was shocked it wasn't part of the pre christmas rush to slash prices.

must still be selling reasonably well.

Fox Mulder

doesnt help that the port is pretty shitty (not the original soundtrack, all the billboards/real locations removed or changed...). game is still great but open world driving games have come a long way since ct 1.

I use the custom soundtrack for the xbla version, but it's odd how the recent ios release of the game has the original soundtrack.

The game is dated and has to really lean on nostalgia for enjoyment, but Sega ripped a lot of that out of the XBLA version.

If your country supports it, and you were going to buy Skyrim digital anyway, you may be able to find a code on EBay. I bought one a few weeks ago for NA use for $15USD.

Gaspode_T

Including Dungeon Defenders in a list of fighting games...errr...yeah...nice job whoever is putting that together :p

How many hours until the Skyrim stuff goes on sale? I have my remaining points reserved for that and eager to spend, I want to clear off Skyrim so I can move back to Borderlands 2, just those two games are so massive I don't really see how I will have time to catch up with rest of my backlog...

Vert boil

Including Dungeon Defenders in a list of fighting games...errr...yeah...nice job whoever is putting that together :p

How many hours until the Skyrim stuff goes on sale? I have my remaining points reserved for that and eager to spend, I want to clear off Skyrim so I can move back to Borderlands 2, just those two games are so massive I don't really see how I will have time to catch up with rest of my backlog...

Nine to ten hours after your post. It should be just past midnight GMT but they tend to take a little longer when GoD titles are included.

I might dip my toes into a fighter, which one is recommended for beginners? I know both are drastically different in play styles, etc, I would like to know which one would be more enjoyable / accessible for newbies.

They really should have put those VF customization packs on sale too. 1200 is a lot to ask for, hell 600 is a lot for just some costumes but its a lot less insulting.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
does VF5 FS not have the play by play commentators?

I tried the demo but it wasn't an option in the menu to turn on pbp.

I have VF5 on disc so I've been reluctant on buying FS. I don't see the arcade questing thing on FS either o_O

If your country supports it, and you were going to buy Skyrim digital anyway, you may be able to find a code on EBay. I bought one a few weeks ago for NA use for $15USD.
That's what I ended up doing, thanks for the idea. Can't go wrong for 18€: the sale tomorrow would have to be 75% off to match it.
But yeah, as people pointed out, it has remarkably retained its value.

skyrim has surprisingly kept its value. I haven't seen a new copy sell for less than £23 in quite some time. in fact, I was shocked it wasn't part of the pre christmas rush to slash prices.

must still be selling reasonably well.

On friday I bought the Premium edition in GAME for £30 (includes postcards, a bonus disc, Prima Guide (Digital), a novel and a T-shirt). It's in the sale right now.

On console? That's a cracking deal, even though I have it digitally on 360, I might get the premium version as well.

price change is taking its time today. Hurry up.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Not even half price for Hearthfire. Bethesda getting greedy.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard (1600 > 1200MSP)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire (400 > 320MSP)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles (1200 > 600MSP)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Knights of the Nine (400 > 200MSP)

Oh, Bethesda. :/ what a terrible way to end what has been a excellent sale, one that exceeded most expectations.

Thanks for the heads up, will order a copy in the morning. :)

Natiko

Banned
Not even half price for Hearthfire. Bethesda getting greedy.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard (1600 > 1200MSP)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire (400 > 320MSP)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles (1200 > 600MSP)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Knights of the Nine (400 > 200MSP)

Yeah..I'll pass. Would have considered Hearthfire for 50% off.

What size is the t-shirt?

Large only.

skyrim_premium_goodies_281237557937_640x360.jpg

Disc contains:

Trailers
Developer Documentaries
Gameplay Walkthrough
TV Spots
Code for the Official Prima Strategy Guide
5 Music Tracks

Oh, there's an A3 size world map, too.

Keep seeing people mention this, what's the problem?

god damn it. i read some posts on the xbox forums saying that some people just could not download it, and decided to buy it anyway..

purchase went through and the active downloads screen pops up. 0% . . . "unable to download bully"

cleared the cache, deleted the partial download file, restarted console and download, nothing is working. guess i'm out 800 points..

Top Bottom