• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Countdown to 2013 sale [begins Dec 18th]

Malio

Hmmmm disappointing. Both games I wanted, Simpons Arcade and P v Z, are not priced to move. Will pass on this first batch.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Holy crap, Joe Danger 2 bombed.

I just played the first 10% or so of the game, I'm a good player but there are definitely better, and I'm #230 on the world total score leaderboards.

Edit: Just checked per-level leaderboards. I only played each level once, and I'm #20-50 in every level I've played.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

I just played the first 10% or so of the game, I'm a good player but there are definitely better, and I'm #230 on the world total score leaderboards.

Edit: Just checked per-level leaderboards. I only played each level once, and I'm #20-50 in every level I've played.

That doesn't sound right. Raptr gave away 5,000 copies on release so there should be at least that many on there.

Maybe they wiped the boards?

You might be better than you think? Rlan's analysis for the month it released had it at around ~6k total on the leaderboards. And I imagine it's probably added another 1k players or so since then. Could also mean that very few people that bought it actually played more than the very start? No idea.

That's not to say it didn't bomb. It's sold incredibly poorly, especially compared to the first game. I'll be picking it up on this sale, myself. I've barely played the first game due to having put time into that originally on the PS3 version but I figure I'll support the developers for a quality game.

Fox Mulder

Meh sale.

I have some of these, and others aren't priced enough to get me to buy.

Rockband 3 is interesting, but I don't have any instruments and no one sells them anymore.

AlexBasch

I might get rid of my RB3 disc and go the GoD route.

Except, I'm stuck with that stupid as shit 20GB HDD. Getting a 60GB one is around $60-70 in here, so it's not so much of a deal.

Maybe storing it in a USB, how big is it? Anyone knows?

jbug617

Banned
I might get rid of my RB3 disc and go the GoD route.

Except, I'm stuck with that stupid as shit 20GB HDD. Getting a 60GB one is around $60-70 in here, so it's not so much of a deal.

Maybe storing it in a USB, how big is it? Anyone knows?

5.51 GB. I believe the newest Xbox update allows for 32 GB flash drives.

LQX

I wish a mod would edit the date in the title. It bothers me for some reason.

I hope some SNK games go on sale but it seems as if they would rather go out of business than put any of their games on sale.

AlexBasch

THANK YOU for this... I just got my xbox a few weeks ago and had NO idea I could use a 32gb flash drive. Right after I purchased my xbox (4gb Holiday Bundle) I got a 16gb flash drive because that is all I thought I could have ... now I'll be heading out Boxing Day to get two 32gb flash drives :)
Be careful if you want to play Halo though, I think they actually need a HDD for some stuff but I think that only applied to 3 and Reach, look it up just to be safe. :p

Galdelico

Yep, lol.

If you have a PS3 with PS Plus in Europe these deals so far are not very interesting. Hope the next deals can be better.
Well, I guess it really depends on you, on your attitude to buy stuff the day-1, etc: I'll be getting discounted games/items - that I was looking for... Not just because of the low prices - until the very end of the sale so, for me personally, it's already good.

Mike M

Nick N
Holy shit, I'm genuinely surprised at how much stuff I'm interested in there. Gonna have to wait on prices, but so far it's looking good.

Is Toy Story 3 any good? I vaguely remember hearing how the "toy box mode" was a real sleeper hit.

Wait how long will these games be up?

until tommorrow when its replaced with the new batch or right throughout the period (wanna know if i should get those arcade games now or wait a bit)

I'll either get Super Meat Boy, Dust or Mark of the Ninja. Which one do you guys recommend?
I haven't played Mark of the Ninja yet but I have Super Meat Boy and Dust and out of those two I'll recommend Dust*. It's a beautiful game. If you like 2D action RPGs you'll love this game.

*Dust: An Elysian Tail

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'll either get Super Meat Boy, Dust or Mark of the Ninja. Which one do you guys recommend?

All of them on the PC at the same time. :D

I haven't played it yet, but Mark of the Ninja seems like the better game.

Just download the demo of all 3 and figure it out.

LosDaddie

Banned
I haven't played Mark of the Ninja yet but I have Super Meat Boy and Dust and out of those two I'll recommend Dust*. It's a beautiful game. If you like 2D action RPGs you'll love this game.

*Dust: An Elysian Tail

How long does Dust take to finish?

Yep, lol.

If you have a PS3 with PS Plus in Europe these deals so far are not very interesting. Hope the next deals can be better.
Don't know about PSN Plus but the real Plus here is this sale is open for gold and silver members, don't work the 'pay for get it cheaper' way.

Burai

shitonmychest57
How do games with export options like Rock Band work when bought digitally? Obviously there's no physical manual with an export code, so how can I export tracks from, say, GoD Dance Central 2 to DC3?

Are GoD customers just SOL?

excellent start to the sale. will definitely be buying jet set radio when I get home, have virtually everything else. bring on the next bunch.

It deserved to, tbh, it's a pretty awful game.

Holy shit, I'm genuinely surprised at how much stuff I'm interested in there. Gonna have to wait on prices, but so far it's looking good.

Is Toy Story 3 any good? I vaguely remember hearing how the "toy box mode" was a real sleeper hit.

TS3 is brilliant. As you say, the toy box mode is really enjoyable. It's genuinely fun, rather than just "fun, for a movie tie-in."

It deserved to, tbh, it's a pretty awful game.

what's wrong with it? I thought it was fantastic, built and improved considerably on the first game.

it's sad to see it fail to appeal as much as something like trials, even though they are completely different, I would have thought it would appeal to that crowd just based on the initial impressions / gameplay vids.

what's wrong with it? I thought it was fantastic, built and improved considerably on the first game.

That's what I disagree with. The first game was plagued with some quite massive flaws and the second one just repeats them rather than make any effort to fix them. The game itself is basically identical but for some new stages, and I can completely understand why it didn't sell. It's basically a track pack for (formerly) $15 instead of a sequel which improves on its predecessor.

That's what I disagree with. The first game was plagued with some quite massive flaws and the second one just repeats them rather than make any effort to fix them. The game itself is basically identical but for some new stages, and I can completely understand why it didn't sell. It's basically a track pack for (formerly) $15 instead of a sequel which improves on its predecessor.

we'll have to agree to disagree. I thought they improved the game from the first one, but I can understand the track pack comment. I also felt some of the tracks were samey, but I let it slide as I was having so much fun.

Top Bottom