• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LIVE Indie Games - The December 2011 Thread

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
@Stumpokapow - SPOILER ALERT - Here's a hint... It's on the upper left corner of one of the levels.

52FUc.jpg

yeaaaaahhhhhh

Has anyone played Lolita of Labrynith? I just found it today. It didn't appear in last weeks games, and I wrote down all of this week's yesterday, but didn't see it then. Must have missed it somehow.

Anyway, it reminds me a bit of the PSX version of Castlevania. What do you guys think? http://www.xblaratings.com/component/content/article/4980-lolita-of-labyrinth

Also, Zombies, Zombies, Everywhere has a unique concept to XBLIG - The number of sales dictate additional content.

Ex: 500+ units = Online high scores
1000+ units = more weapons
1500+ units = med kits

Has anyone played Lolita of Labrynith? I just found it today. It didn't appear in last weeks games, and I wrote down all of this week's yesterday, but didn't see it then. Must have missed it somehow.

Anyway, it reminds me a bit of the PSX version of Castlevania. What do you guys think? http://www.xblaratings.com/component/content/article/4980-lolita-of-labyrinth

Also, Zombies, Zombies, Everywhere has a unique concept to XBLIG - The number of sales dictate additional content.

Ex: 500+ units = Online high scores
1000+ units = more weapons
1500+ units = med kits

We were going to unlock Extra mode after there were 2500 high score entries onto the boards. In the end I decided it was way too dirty a sales tactic.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Animation and stuff: pretty nice. A solid way to an indie to make a 2D-ish game!

Gameplay: Err... jumping feels mostly good, the physical attack stuff feels kinda limited... she smacks the enemy to knock them down, and then can rapid-chain stoping on them to do kill damage. This is kinda fun in and of itself. Manuvering through the world feels a bit clunky in it's design. I wish the area was designed a bit bigger or something?

It has a mgic system too, which seems decent, but I didn't get too used to it in the trial.

Interesting to make me want to try it a second time, but I don;t think it grabbed me in any ways other than cosmetic on my first time through...

Gaspode_T

Volchaos review from ExtraGuy gets an A: http://www.extraguy.com/2011/12/volchaos-review-cream-like-heat-rises/

I had a theory (kind of backed up by data...) that the # of ratings is somewhat proportional to sales, if that's the case I'm kind of worried about the sales of Volchaos and Orbitron! I think Orbitron has 60 and Volchaos 90.

There are millions of people just on EN-US Xbox Live...magazines and websites need to put up features about Xbox Indie Games. It's ridiculous that one of the only magazines in the world featuring Indie Games is Famitsu 360 (with extremely small # of Japanese users compared to US).

Let's say just for argument's sake that 10,000 people randomly decide to look at Indie Games Top Downloaded list per month, I think the # of people who would look at an article on a site like Kotaku or Joystiq would be just as much if not more, and a site like 1up or Gamespot would be even more than that, and if a lot of the mags/sites cover it, then it would basically dwarf the # of people who are just browsing in the dash. With more popularity the # of people who regularly decide to check the games would also go up, but since there is such a wide variety of quality I don't think it's good to rely upon that...I never go into the iOS app store and look at new releases, I would want to stab my eyes out there too. The websites make pages to make ad money, not out of charity, so they will only make the articles if they think there is demand for people to read them, so it's kind of a chicken and egg problem.

At the very least, I'm always surprised to see people not discussing the indie games that much, I can do web searching pretty well and it's not really a hot topic of discussion anywhere on the web. They seem interesting to discuss to me. There is not much discussion going on about XBLA or PSN games either. Tons of discussion is happening for iOS games and certain hyped games. What is wrong with gamers these days? is nearly the question I want to ask but then I pick up our iPad and start playing games there and I guess there is some gap in demand...maybe *most* people want to play XBLIG or XBLA style games on tablets or phones instead. There are still some (like us who are reading this thread) who enjoy playing them on consoles, and I really wish more of the millions would as well for the health of the middle tier game developer segment, but this is what's happening as far as I can tell.

qupe1975

Neo Member
At the very least, I'm always surprised to see people not discussing the indie games that much, I can do web searching pretty well and it's not really a hot topic of discussion anywhere on the web. They seem interesting to discuss to me. There is not much discussion going on about XBLA or PSN games either. Tons of discussion is happening for iOS games and certain hyped games. What is wrong with gamers these days? is nearly the question I want to ask but then I pick up our iPad and start playing games there and I guess there is some gap in demand...maybe *most* people want to play XBLIG or XBLA style games on tablets or phones instead. There are still some (like us who are reading this thread) who enjoy playing them on consoles, and I really wish more of the millions would as well for the health of the middle tier game developer segment, but this is what's happening as far as I can tell.

I think a large part of this was how much crap was coming out on the Indie game market. Eurogamer seemed to be one of the bigger sites that covered Indie games that I know of.

You also have to remember how many countries XBLIG games are available in. It does make a difference.

Until the number of countries grow, leaderboard access and achievements are introduced I think we will be stuck where we are. Oh yeah, and offline play is huge too.

I can attribute a lot of Orbitron: Revolution's current exposure to my efforts marketing it. It also released on a Thursday giving press only about 48 hours to react but I did do press work two days in advance of release. I initially intended that to be a solid week but the game wasn't through Peer Review and couldn't guarantee a release date prior to that.

When Kotaku picked up the story this time around we got 4000 Youtube trailer views in about 48 hours! Our Highscore boards have been steadily increasing too. My personal score in Guardian Mode was just toppled by a developer at Vulture Games!

A few more smaller indie sites have picked up the story today which is awesome and reviews are starting to come out, some very positive. Hopefully Destructoid, Joystiq, Giant Bomb, IGN, Gamespot, Eurogamer, Team Xbox, Games Radar, etc all get around to it a review or a story. I've pinged all of them.

If you want to help the game, or both games, make an OT. It would be very much appreciated and GAF has probably 500 people would play the game if they knew it existed. Most of those people never check these threads. Also, if anyone is interested write to a game site and request they take a look at the game. For a game like ours that has XBLA looks we would hope sites would pick up on it as a good story to tell.

Many people seem to blame Microsoft for this but really, marketing and media relations are in the hands of the developers. It is hard work chasing down all these editors at all these sites to get exposure. It is also extremely rewarding to see them post the story and comment on the game!

If you have bought the game please give it the star rating. It is important as the better it is rated and the more it is rated, the longer legs it should have in sales.

yeaaaaahhhhhh

Ha ha, nice. Did you 100% the entire game now? That's dedication!

had a theory (kind of backed up by data...) that the # of ratings is somewhat proportional to sales, if that's the case I'm kind of worried about the sales of Volchaos and Orbitron! I think Orbitron has 60 and Volchaos 90.

I've long given up on expecting great sales on XBLIG. I'll be disappointed if the PC version doesn't do a lot better.

Based on the sales per vote that Trivia or Die received, I'm guessing Volchaos has sold just over 2,000 copies. Not a bad start, but unless the sales data gets fixed ASAP, it'll never make the Top Downloads list and in all likelihood never reach 3,000 sales.

Of course that's all a guess... I could have sold 10,000 copies, or 10. I have no way to know until Microsoft gets their act together.

Gaspode_T

Honestly though from a first 1 or 2 week of sales perspective knowing sales data seems like a 'nice to have' piece of data (although I understand the extreme level of curiousity), you are selling what you are selling with or without that data on time. I would instead be spending every waking hour doing what Warm Machine described and hounding the editors of websites, posting videos, Tweeting, e-mailing friends and family, just doing everything humanly possible to try to start a marketing spark. Having the sales data within a reasonable turnaround of course should be the expectation, I'm just saying you shouldn't be blocked on marketing the game because you don't know how well it is doing.

Even if 10,000 people per week stare at your cover in Top Downloaded there is no guarantee that the number you expect will click it or download the trial, if someone reads about it (like the ExtraGuy review) they are 1000 gazillion times more likely to do so and buy it. That's just my opinion about it anyway.

wwm0nkey

Avatar Rumble could be an amazing Super Smash Brothers game/clone if it had better hit detection, online and control set up similar to SSB.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
They Breathe was just released on Xbox Live Indie Games:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/sv-SE/Product/They-Breathe/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258550a06

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLsBJ5vm18

I created most of the sound for the game, so I may be partial to some degree! :p
But if I would compare They Breathe to any game, it would probably be Limbo (or at least how I understand Limbo to be), ie quite spartan in terms of gameplay mechanics, but what's there is put to fairly good use, while the main focus of the game is more storytelling through gameplay and building atmosphere.
It's a nice little game, fairly short and it's not exactly something you'll be hunting high scores in, but the experience/story is cool and kind of original imo. :)

Maybe I'm jaded, but I saw how much coverage the Summer Uprising games got on websites and blogs and how little that translated to sales success. The only thing that seemed to make a difference was promotion on the Dash itself. The disconnect between having someone read your review / news on a website and getting them to download it on their Xbox is just too great.

Now that I have returned from the C++ coding cave from the last couple months (ported "Mute Crimson" to C++ using SFML as a learning exercise), I will start working on a new game in C# and XNA. I am working on the level editor and tools now, will probably post some stuff when it is up and running. Got a break coming up so hopefully it will be done within 1-3 months.

Maybe I'm jaded, but I saw how much coverage the Summer Uprising games got on websites and blogs and how little that translated to sales success. The only thing that seemed to make a difference was promotion on the Dash itself. The disconnect between having someone read your review / news on a website and getting them to download it on their Xbox is just too great.

It is sad, but I'm sure there is more to even factor from there. I was surprised that some of the nominated games didn't get in and ones of much lesser quality overall won the ability to be part of it :(

Trumpets

kiriku said:
They Breathe was just released on Xbox Live Indie Games:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/sv-SE/Pr...5-d80258550a06

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLsBJ5vm18

I created most of the sound for the game, so I may be partial to some degree! :p
But if I would compare They Breathe to any game, it would probably be Limbo (or at least how I understand Limbo to be), ie quite spartan in terms of gameplay mechanics, but what's there is put to fairly good use, while the main focus of the game is more storytelling through gameplay and building atmosphere.
It's a nice little game, fairly short and it's not exactly something you'll be hunting high scores in, but the experience/story is cool and kind of original imo. :)

I saw this and downloaded it straight away since it looked like it had a bit of soul. I like how the title screen segues into the gameplay, and the music is nice, but once it starts there doesn't seem to be a lot to do and I got bored pretty quickly.

Does the gameplay evolve beyond collecting bubbles and avoiding sea-cows etc..?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I saw this and downloaded it straight away since it looked like it had a bit of soul. I like how the title screen segues into the gameplay, and the music is nice, but once it starts there doesn't seem to be a lot to do and I got bored pretty quickly.

Does the gameplay evolve beyond collecting bubbles and avoiding sea-cows etc..?

Well, the core mechanic of collecting bubbles is always there, but as you go deeper you encounter new kinds of enemies and challenges (like poison bubbles)... and there's an underlying story to it that may not be apparent in the beginning. And the game isn't that long, so you could probably finish it in 30 mins or so. :)

Put Volchaos 1.1 into review tonight.

Features:
Countdown before level begins
Can't move before level begins
Less frequent and less obtrusive saving
Assorted level tweaks
Ability to toggle the map on and off

There is a good chance I'll do at least a 1.2. I had a few other tweaks I wanted to make but I want to get this out ASAP to help those with save issues.

Gaspode_T

I don't know, I know the summer uprising got a lot of press but IMO a lot of the games were not as high quality as they could have been or even if they were high quality the demand for that game was not out of the roof (TEC, SpeedRunner, Cute Things Dying Violently would probably all do better on a mobile platform rather than Xbox), I really wanted to buy more of them but if anything although the devs seem to be nearly scared of her you guys should be using indiegamerchick as an example of your average Xbox gamer. I kind of have her same "I have so many games to play, why should I play this piece of crap" attitude sometimes and I'm sure lots of gamers do. Many of the games like Volchaos are great, but that's why I think it's hard to rely upon trials because only so many people will try bad games over and over (crazy people like me).

To be extremely specific if I were making a XBLIG game and I wanted to make money I would make it something like:

Farmville clone or Mafia Wars style social game with nice 3D graphics

Trials HD style motorcross extreeeeme gameplay sort of game

Minecraft with a twist (CastleMiner Z)

Terraria with a twist

Diablo/Torchlight style loot games (people seem to love these on both XBLA and PC)

I would try to get success on XBLIG and then try to hit up publishers for a 2.0 version on multiple platforms. I would also start learning touch controls and metro design because Windows 8 could have 100s of millions of users and a nice Windows Store to sell games on: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2397291,00.asp http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/06/microsoft-demos-new-windows-phone-marketplace-now-with-more-met

Man, I'd love to work with some GAFers sometime to do an XNA/Indie release, but something that looks awesome due to the blandness that covers most of Indie section of XBL.

So far the most of the pretty stuff is all the pixel games but I'd love to see some true vector, or vector style games on there.

I've recently been working on a new style and would love to convert it to use into a game world:

http://www.WolfOfVictoria.com

Gwumpels2-03.png

Frew%252520Fry-02.png

I've done game development myself, coding (primarily a GameMaker scrubb), and working with coders while doing art (mostly in other things like iOS and Flash), assets, etc. I enjoy making the stuff more than making money from the work :p

Gaspode_T

One of the major threads for kind of casual XNA devs is on Penny Arcade: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/116540/xna-on-make-games-for-xbox-live-xna-4.0-released/p1

I like that art style, you might find a team to sync up with there are always programmers like me, I can't necessarily draw as well as I think I can.

One of my favorite angular clean vector style graphics style games is Vorpal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPfMK6MxEoU

Something like an Einhander style side scrolling shooter would be awesome with that sort of clean look and huge bosses. Or maybe something like the XBLA game Outland.

Avatar Rumble could be an amazing Super Smash Brothers game/clone if it had better hit detection, online and control set up similar to SSB.

It could be a great game if it wasn't the game it is.

No computer AI, no grabs, no throws, no blocks, no special moves, no ducking, no d-pad controls, no items, no characters, one moveset. This is at best a proof of concept tech demo, but it has no business being released as a thing that costs money.

Some very cool stuff has happened. Both Destructoid and Game Informer picked up the Orbitron: Revolution's release and posted stories about it. These stories are circulating the net which is great.

We now have 151 players on the Countdown Scoreboard and 99 on the Guardian one. I'm looking forward to seeing it crack 200. 81 people have rated the game on the US Marketplace with an average of 4 stars. 17 people have rated the game on the Canadian Marketplace with an average of 4.25 stars.

It is sad, but I'm sure there is more to even factor from there. I was surprised that some of the nominated games didn't get in and ones of much lesser quality overall won the ability to be part of it :(

It was about marketability as well. I don't doubt that we missed out on quite a few other titles, but even so, we needed to have a diverse arrangement of games, and not ton of platformers which tend to dominate the market :).

The only way to consistently make money on XBLIG it seems is to have a Miner or Craft style game, and on a few occasions an Avatar gimmick of sorts. This is by no means a knock on them of any sort, the sales data supports this fact. Hell, DNA games (I *think* that's his name) makes a crazy number of sales from his titles because he understands the market well. There are others which have sold great (I Made a game with zombies......) but more often than not that is the exception to the rule.

OnPoint

It was about marketability as well. I don't doubt that we missed out on quite a few other titles, but even so, we needed to have a diverse arrangement of games, and not ton of platformers which tend to dominate the market :).

The only way to consistently make money on XBLIG it seems is to have a Miner or Craft style game, and on a few occasions an Avatar gimmick of sorts. This is by no means a knock on them of any sort, the sales data supports this fact. Hell, DNA games (I *think* that's his name) makes a crazy number of sales from his titles because he understands the market well. There are others which have sold great (I Made a game with zombies......) but more often than not that is the exception to the rule.

Castleminer Z proves Digital DNA understands this market perhaps better than any developer on it, game for game.

You have to wonder how well it would do on Steam. I'm curious to know how well the crafting/zombie craze extends outside of XBLIG.

Got my sales numbers in for Volchaos's first week and they're terrible. This could be my worst selling game ever. You'd think my fifth title would do better than my first, but it's not looking likely.

I'm gonna get kicking on the PC version and some other non-XBLIG games. World of Chalk will be PC (it probably was going to be anyways) and I'm not sure what I'll do with Nastier as it really needs to be a console game. I may still do a joke game or quick knock something on XBLIG, but I'm done with big releases like Volchaos, Abduction Action, Hypership, and Nasty.

Look for our best stuff on PC and iOS in the future and maybe Playstation Suite. It's been fun but I'm done.

Castleminer Z proves Digital DNA understands this market perhaps better than any developer on it, game for game.

You have to wonder how well it would do on Steam. I'm curious to know how well the crafting/zombie craze extends outside of XBLIG.
I wish I had it in me to do a an angry zombie craft game. I'm sure I'd be able to live with the money, not too sure if I'd be able to live with myself.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Got my sales numbers in for Volchaos's first week and they're terrible. This could be my worst selling game ever. You'd think my fifth title would do better than my first, but it's not looking likely.

I'm gonna get kicking on the PC version and some other non-XBLIG games. World of Chalk will be PC (it probably was going to be anyways) and I'm not sure what I'll do with Nastier as it really needs to be a console game. I may still do a joke game or quick knock something on XBLIG, but I'm done with big releases like Volchaos, Abduction Action, Hypership, and Nasty.

Look for our best stuff on PC and iOS in the future and maybe Playstation Suite. It's been fun but I'm done.

This makes me very sad.

So I take it that maybe it is a bad idea to target my game for XBLIG and re-up my CC sub? I would atleast like to make the subscription fee back - but given this new dashboard I have doubts that would even happen. Well either way the game gets made - if I cannot find a home for it I guess freeware it becomes.

Trumpets

I imagine everybody's sales are only going to plummet further with this new dashboard. I'm probably going to finish the Xbox version of Apple Jack 2 then go after Steam to try and make some actual money off of it.

For a PLETHORA of new screenshots, please click below:

http://myowlsoftware.blogspot.com/

So I take it that maybe it is a bad idea to target my game for XBLIG and re-up my CC sub? I would atleast like to make the subscription fee back - but given this new dashboard I have doubts that would even happen.

Almost certainly with even an average game by XBLIG standards, you'll make your $99 membership back and then some. I'm not sure the ultimate effect of the new dash at this time. There are several pros and several cons (well, one really big con), we need more time to see if it is really better or worse. I think the initial new releases could be worse but the long term sales have potential to be better.

I should also qualify my poor sales... I've seen others with similar sales that have been pretty happy with them. Unfortunately for me, I spent 10 months on this game and invested $1,300 out of my own pocket on artwork and music. It seems unlikely at this point I will make back the money spent. To spend 10 months and make a game that loses me money, well that doesn't help my studio going forward.

bede-x

I'm probably going to finish the Xbox version of Apple Jack 2 then go after Steam to try and make some actual money off of it.

I can't imagine you not making more money from Steam than XBLIG and honestly with the amount of time you seem to putting into AJ2, it should be on more systems. It's simply way too much effort for XBLIG.

OnPoint

How upsetting to read, but I totally understand where you're coming from.

Good thing I've been getting heavier into PC gaming lately and won't have to miss out on your games.

It's sad watching the quality erode from a platform right before you though.

Gaspode_T

Unfortunately getting onto Steam is pretty much tricky. The only app stores that are a "sure thing" are XBLIG, WP7, Android, iOS, Chrome and upcoming Windows Store (besides very small services like Gamers Gate)

The fact that Steam restricts games to pretty much only a few at a time is a big reasons games have high profile there, and it's just overall put together very well and popular with gamers who have lots of money. It would be easy to create a tablet game and sell it across Windows 8, iOS and Android tablets. There are lots of options for you if your main concern is making money. XBLIG is a decent option if you are aiming for XBLA and have the level of game to realistically make that a goal. Orbitron studio certainly got my attention and I am pretty sure they would be in the eyesight of XBLA management too.

I am hearing from devs that XBLIG sales are not dropping like a rock. Some are reporting it's down, some are reporting it's the same.

Counter argument to doom and gloom talk:

Dead Pixels: 25,000 sales
DLC Quest: 15,000 sales
Firing Range (Milkstone Studios): Almost 20,000 sales

I'd say most of the games that are consistently in top sales list are in this range or higher.

On the other hand, Hidden in Plain Sight has apparently sold far less than I hoped it would (as seems to be the case with Volchaos). Some of the games are still getting screwed over that don't fall into the mining boobs violence avatar and zombies categories.

Gaspode_T

Here is an example of why I wish more Japanese indie devs would release indie games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX8waELNP5M

Voxel based platforming game. The guy has a blog about the development of it:

http://www.geocities.jp/kossy_com/xna/XnaTop.html

I mean, one of the things that's interesting to me is how it's technically possible to push XBLIG games pretty far in a graphical direction, but since there isn't much training about these advanced techniques it's not very often pushed to the limit. Some of the Japanese games are definitely some of the ones that push the hardware hard, I can't imagine what they would be doing if they were coding in DirectX11 + native code.

Trumpets

I can't imagine you not making more money from Steam than XBLIG and honestly with the amount of time you seem to putting into AJ2, it should be on more systems. It's simply way too much effort for XBLIG.

Tell me about it! It's only being developed part-time of course, but it was never meant to take more than a few months. I'll release it on XBLIG, get the feedback from that, make any changes and then submit it to Steam and cross my fingers.

OnPoint

On the other hand, Hidden in Plain Sight has apparently sold far less than I hoped it would (as seems to be the case with Volchaos). Some of the games are still getting screwed over that don't fall into the mining boobs violence avatar and zombies categories.

It's a local multiplayer-only game on a service where great games are ignored with shocking regularity. I hoped HIPS would have sold more (still have one download code left to hand out actually, if anyone wants to PM me for it) but let's be honest, the deck was stacked against it.

Well this is certainly an interesting twist for an app on XBLIG: Gamerscore Tracker by Big Rook Games .

It's the first "app" I've seen on the XBLIG marketplace which actually looks useful. Great UI is as well. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. What's also interesting is that he's giving away a few select triple-A titles to those who use it.

A little thinking outside of the box is always welcome to the market in my opinion. What do you guys think?

Jhoan

Since I did check out two Indie games this past month (a new personal record), I'll post my thoughts:

Rainbow Ball into Adventure- I remember someone in one of the past threads recommending it highly because it's pretty simple and like the Katamari games (which I never played but I'm familiar with). For 80MSP (or a buck), it's pretty charming. I love the kids counting the numbers, saying the letters of the alphabet, and making growling noises; it makes me smile. Plus the children's drawings of The Prince is icing on the cake. It reminds me a lot of my childhood days in elementary school.

That being said, the only qualm that I have about it is that the game doesn't save my progress every time I quit it. As a result, I have to get all the medals again (which I don't mind doing). It's a very relaxing game. Is it worth 80MSP? I think so if only because how simple the graphics and game is.

DLC Quest Let's me get to the con before I get to the good stuff. So my brother said it's too short; about 30 mins give or take although I would argue that it's because you don't and can't die in this game. I played it for 15 minutes, he booted it up and played it for another 15-20 minutes, saw the credits, bought all the DLC and almost all the Awardments save for one.

Speaking of DLC and Awardments, that was the game's best things. The social commentary about how ridiculous DLC is and what people pay for (e.g. costumes being the main offender that the game took a jab at) I thought was good and funny. Plus some references to several games which I thought was cool and funny. The Awardments were funny, and a jab at Achievements. Even though it's incredibly short, for a buck, I think I would recommend it. My brother wouldn't though.

Gaspode_T

Well this is certainly an interesting twist for an app on XBLIG: Gamerscore Tracker by Big Rook Games .

It's the first "app" I've seen on the XBLIG marketplace which actually looks useful. Great UI is as well. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. What's also interesting is that he's giving away a few select triple-A titles to those who use it.

A little thinking outside of the box is always welcome to the market in my opinion. What do you guys think?

For what it's worth I saw a few different people tweeting or posting positive things about that. I've always been baffled why that functionality hasn't been added directly to the dash.

I almost wish they would move the "apps" of XBLIG into Apps Marketplace under some "Indie Apps" category or something, I mean, if they gave those apps access to the web like they have on WP7 (HttpWebRequest) you could do a lot with it although you could guess of what sort of apps it would be flooded with

OnPoint

For what it's worth I saw a few different people tweeting or posting positive things about that. I've always been baffled why that functionality hasn't been added directly to the dash.

I almost wish they would move the "apps" of XBLIG into Apps Marketplace under some "Indie Apps" category or something, I mean, if they gave those apps access to the web like they have on WP7 (HttpWebRequest) you could do a lot with it although you could guess of what sort of apps it would be flooded with

Massage apps?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
So, I haven't even been able to find the Indie Games on the new dashboard :p Then again I haven't played around with it much, really interested in trying out Volchaos.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So, I haven't even been able to find the Indie Games on the new dashboard :p Then again I haven't played around with it much, really interested in trying out Volchaos.

Games Marketplace -> Game Type -> Indie :/

But if not you can probably BING Volchaos BING BING BING

Ranger X

When you release on XBLIG, do you have the price your game as you see fit?
I mean, smaller releases are 80 points. Can I go 60 points if I want?

Top Bottom