• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LiVE | July 2014 | Drinkbox Juan - All in One Luchador

malfcn

My One got loud as an og during installing of Wolfenstein. Now it's done, and still buzzing loudly. What the heck. Finally got quiet.

Is it not possible to just add the 360 games with gold to your account from the webstore, like you can with PS+? It keeps trying to charge me for Gotham City Impostors.

B4D1E

Is it not possible to just add the 360 games with gold to your account from the webstore, like you can with PS+? It keeps trying to charge me for Gotham City Impostors.

Yes, you can. When you have the payment screen, it will be indicated as Free. But your account must be linked with a CC or Paypal account, eventhoug you won't be charged.

malfcn

Xbox One
07.07.14 | OS 6.2.11274.0 (xb_rel_1407.140703-1704) fre

Snap Mode for Achievements
  • An easier way to track and view your achievements progress in real time without ever
    leaving the game.
  • ‘Search for Achievement Help’ on any Achievements you’re struggling with. This will launch
    Internet Explorer for you and deliver relevant tips and strategy content based on the
    Achievement you are working on.
Double-tap to Snap
  • Double-tap the Xbox button on your controller to bring up Snap Center, where you can launch
    Achievements or any other snap-able app, without leaving your current experience.
  • If you already have an app snapped, double-tap quickly switches between your game and the
    snapped app.
Choice of Spoken Language
  • Xbox One owners can now choose their preferred Spoken Language in settings to enable better
    voice control compatibility. This is in addition to the Country selection used to access the Xbox
    store. For example, someone living in the United States who has an Australian accent may now
    choose English (Australia) for voice control while still having United States selected for Country location.
Future Digital Bundles and Compilation Discs
  • Add the functionality for content publishers to create digital bundle and disc compilation offerings in the future.
‘Like’ Game DVR clips
  • The added ability to ‘Like’ Game DVR clips and activity feed items from within SmartGlass.
Blu-Ray Player improvements
  • The Xbox One Console now supports BD-R/BD-RE.

Also, I will update the sales Tuesday night. Busy start to this week has delayed me.

For some reason I had the notion that the game shined more if it was played cooperatively.
Wondering what the next round of sales are going to be like. Today was a bit meh in my opinion.

Agreed, there hasn't been much I've been interested in. Hoping we get a few must-buys over the next couple of days.

Lima

For some reason I had the notion that the game shined more if it was played cooperatively.
Wondering what the next round of sales are going to be like. Today was a bit meh in my opinion.

The coop and SP have different levels so it's absolutely worth it to play both.

Turns out Magic is only releasing for 360 on the 16th, the X1 version isn't until later in the summer.

Really? That blows...

Wonder what the reason for the delay is.

Edit:

Actually is there a source on this at all?

This post today about the iPad version releasing doesn't seem to imply any delay for the Xbox One version.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-2015%E2%80%94duels-planeswalkers-now-ipad-2014-07-09

Don't have an iPad? Don't worry. Magic 2015—Duels of the Planeswalkers will later launch on PC via Steam®, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Amazon Kindle, and Android on Google Play beginning July 16.

malfcn

Also new is the Banjo Bundle.
They are normally $14.99 each, but the bundle is $14.99 tooie.
This bundle contains the two classic Banjo games: “Banjo-Kazooie” and “Banjo-Tooie”.

boxartlg.jpg

Really? That blows...

Wonder what the reason for the delay is.

Edit:

Actually is there a source on this at all?

This post today about the iPad version releasing doesn't seem to imply any delay for the Xbox One version.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-2015%E2%80%94duels-planeswalkers-now-ipad-2014-07-09

Hmm.

I took it from this post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=120186916&postcount=1534

edit: I noticed that quote you posted says it will launch of those platforms BEGINNING on July 16, so maybe X1 is after that date at some point(?) Not sure where the poster I quoted got that info though so I'm not really sure.

malfcn

Downloaded the Thief demo last night. Wow, slow world loading. And it felt like the game a stuttering. Is the full game like that?

Downloaded the Thief demo last night. Wow, slow world loading. And it felt like the game a stuttering. Is the full game like that?

Yes. And the game purposely forces a slow pace so you don't notice. The min you try to go quickly it pops in all over the place.

malfcn

How did I do?
Got some refurbished Astro A40 from Amazon for $130. Need to pickup a chat puck and figure out how to hook them up. Come in a day.

I'm waiting for Thief to hit the Gamestop bargain bin later this summer, that's when I'll jump in.

$17 at Gamestop too much for you? Maybe during Black Friday.

Redshirt

Banned
How did I do?
Got some refurbished Astro A40 from Amazon for $130. Need to pickup a chat puck and figure out how to hook them up. Come in a day.

Wow. Awesome deal. I bought my A40s from Amazon refurbished too. No regrets, and they're easy to set up on the XB1.

malfcn

Ya, that's not bad, might have to go check that out.

To be fair I had credit. They are around $156 right now. The A50 is $170. But I think I read the mix and sound is better wired, and no batteries.

I read that you mix the game out and voice up with the puck for best results. Truth?

Redshirt

Banned
Yes. Chat mix 100% and volume 100% on the puck, and then you're good to go with controlling everything right from the MixAmp.

malfcn

Yes. Chat mix 100% and volume 100% on the puck, and then you're good to go with controlling everything right from the MixAmp.

Amazon says Sunday delivery, so weird. I'll pick up a puck soon and try it out. And by some luck maybe chat will start working on my controller.
Here's hoping the Ultimate sales will bring something good this weekend.

malfcn

Got my A40s. Holy cables, finaly figured it out and think the cables will work well with my center. The stereo adapter box is going to be handy for keeping cables stored, methinks.

First impressions are they do feel pretty good on the head. I didn't feel the slight pinch my Trittons gave my ears, so hopefully they won't burn after awhile. They do have some weight to them though, but feel balanced. Hopefully that keeps my head and neck from getting sore. The part of the head rail with the padding feels a little flimsy. Is it supposed to wiggle a little bit?

Also, I went to Astros website to check out a patch for the Mixamp and don't see anything since early 2013. I thought there was something to improve the audio with the Xbox One.
Found the update..it's in their blog, and not the support page. What the hell.

AND why does it want to update my controller EVERY time it powers on.
I've updated it already. Okay, so there is a general update. Then when something is plugged into the adapter there is another update. But if something is not plugged in there is no update. Confusing, but now we are ready to go.

Lego Marvel doesn't appear to be available anymore on the xbox one store..

I don't see it either. Another license issue with Marvel?

Also, I think expired sales are going to have to go bye-bye.
With all the markup I put in the sales etc, I already hit the 24,000 character limit for a post.
Unless, in future threads I break up the sales into a separate post all together.

Redshirt

Banned
Got my A40s.

Your MixAmp should have shipped with the firmware that supports the Xbox One, but yeah, Astro's organization and distribution of patches confused me too.

As for the headband pad, it does wiggle a bit by design, and it's replaceable.

malfcn

Your MixAmp should have shipped with the firmware that supports the Xbox One, but yeah, Astro's organization and distribution of patches confused me too.

As for the headband pad, it does wiggle a bit by design, and it's replaceable.

It needed to be updated, it had the 3xxx fw on it. Also, was it supposed to come with 2 or 3 speakertags? I had film on the mixamp, but not the tags. Looks pretty good, could detect a few finger prints etc. on the box and headset.

I can't tell tell how well it is constructed. It feels pretty good, but at the same time it feels like it needs to be babied.

Redshirt

Banned
Mine came with two speaker tags and the MixAmp already updated. I don't really feel like the A40s need to be babied, but I'm not exactly rough on my stuff either.

Two weak points I have noticed are the chat mic and the MS 2.5-to-3.5mm adapter you need to connect the A40s to the MS headset adapter.

That chat mic is bendable, but they seem to wear out quick if you bend them a lot. The 2.5-to-3.5mm adapter is crap and will break if you look at it the wrong way. I replaced it with a nub (rather than a wire), which you can get for a buck or so.

malfcn

Uh, so they finally out some Infinite season pass stuff on sale..and it is totally not worth it.

Season Pass $20, regular price.
Episode 1 - $10.04
Episode 2 - $10.04
Clash in the Clouds - $2.49

So you can pay $19.99 or $22.57..

malfcn

It's pretty silly. Put the Season Pass content on sale..that STILL COSTS MORE THAN THE SEASON PASS.

Also, all Sales links have been removed to stay under the thread character limit.
Next month may have sales split into a second post to keep links active.

malfcn

As of now Gotham City Imposters is still coming up as free..
But today is the beginning of BattleBlock Theater being free with Gold members.

Also, today Abyss Odyssey and Magic 2015 are released.

Redshirt

Banned
There's three weeks of summer in September, so... I'd really rather have Magic on my XB1, but by the time it gets here, I'll either be too busy with Diablo or Destiny.

Top Bottom