• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live / Microsoft Down (Australia)?

gossi

TnF4K2H.jpg

Lamptramp

Same here, Exchange too. I'd wondered why my work account suddenly went offline, was expecting a mail from our colleagues in the US.

most odd.

Nevasleep

Gif of Fight Club scene with buildings falling...for UK launch.

Could be a hacktavist group, but problems seems to be within MS network from traceroutes?

Chobel

Can someone with more technical saavy way in on this?

That seems almost impossible for a company as big as microsoft to be vulnerable to a ddos.

DDoS is the only logical explanation to what's happening. It could be Anonymous, they're most likely the ones that did this.

Possibly related?? Long shot I know.

EA SPORTS FIFA (@EASPORTSFIFA) tweeted at 10:17 PM on Thu, Nov 21, 2013:
#FIFA14 online matchmaking on Xbox consoles will be unavailable for approx. 15min at 2:30pm PT/10:30pm UK to prepare for #XB1 launch.
(https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/403648443530244096)

It's way past that now. And this is impacting much more than just Live. Outlook, Office 365 etc. all down. Major outage.

RetroStu

Banned
Didn't the same thing happen when the 360 launched, i swear it did. It will be pretty cringeworthy if its a certain fanbase doing the attack because didn't someone say that in another thread when they were discussing the Amazon Sony fans making loads of accounts to say that their Xbox is broken just because PS4 has had problems?.

Tamanon

Banned
It's not a DDoS. Microsoft's servers wouldn't be vulnerable to a DDoS, just because of the spread and redundancy. At least not vulnerable to one that regular citizens are able to do.

It's some sort of failure at their DNS server(s) from the looks of things.

Top Bottom