• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Player Rep is a JOKE

joecanada

UPDATE
*They changed my rep from red "avoid me" to yellow*

Xbox Live Enforcement team responded to my post via email. Here is the response:
"[DO NOT REPLY to this email address. It is not monitored.]

Hello Sir Fahzgoolin,

Thank you for the inquiry! Following an investigation, the Xbox Live Policy and Enforcement Team has elected to adjust the reputation of this account. However, make sure to avoid in engaging in deliberately disruptive behavior as this can result in a drop in your reputation score again. Please continue to follow the Xbox Live Code of Conduct."

I don't know what "deliberately disruptive behavior" they are talking about, but heck...at least they did SOMETHING.

At least they responded Ya but they still warned you lol. Pretty lame

Wait there are people defending spawn-camping? HAHA, oh man.

I thought there was some form of review on bad feedback? Like it was all reviewed/curated in some way. Sucks that it's being abused, particularly in a game as inconsistent as Gears.

I love it you know, but there is some crazy inconsistency still. Probably as a tribute to ye old host advantage.

Spawn camping sucks, but its definitely not enough for me to report someone. Blame the game, don't penalize the players. They aren't cheating.

Would be nice to know if the Rep updates on a regular basis or only by week/month.

Im grinding Hardline/Neverwinter and now a bit Destiny, but im still in Orange. Want at least some yellow xD

And lol btw
9KAS5j7.png

Thats how you treat your customers and players? lol

Would be nice to know if the Rep updates on a regular basis or only by week/month.

Im grinding Hardline/Neverwinter and now a bit Destiny, but im still in Orange. Want at least some yellow xD

And lol btw
9KAS5j7.png

Thats how you treat your customers and players? lol

Yeah... I can't believe this stuff is tolerated. Also, what happened to the customer is always right mentality? Lol

I'm hating my hobby more and more.

Booshka

This rep system sounds terrible, I thought matchmaking was supposed to keep bad kids from getting stomped over and over.

Because that mentality is bleh. I'm not saying that you are but in the event that a customer is clearly and undeniably wrong, he/she doesn't suddenly become right.

Well when it comes to trivial matters I think it should always apply. Just like any saying, it can be taken too far. However, things like this are just trivial and they are losing our respect.

On the 360 you could set what you're of gamer you are (casual, hardcore, etc) Can you do this on Xbox One? If so it might be worth setting yours to Hardcore if you're playing games and destroying people.

Back in the day it used to really annoy me when you'd get matched in COD with someone who'll go 46-0 in a match and you'd look at their profile and it would say 'Casual'. If you're being one of these people in Gears then that could be attracting bad feedback? I'm pretty sure the Xbox One doesn't have this setting though, I dont ever remember seeing it....

Omega

Banned
Yeah... I can't believe this stuff is tolerated. Also, what happened to the customer is always right mentality? Lol

I'm hating my hobby more and more.

customer isn't always right. it's usually the opposite and they're all dumb as bricks

but anyway, this has nothing to do with your hobby. Not like this happens on PSN or any of the PC services. This is MS being dumb as hell

people complained about this when it was announced, I'm just surprised it took this long for it to happen.

Its ridiculous to have empathy?

Empathy for people starving, dying of curable diseases or being killed in wars? Sure. Empathy for players being too proud to admit they suck and instead abusing the report system to grief players that are better than them? I'm going to go with "misplaced".

This is probably the cringiest thing I've ever read in my entire life.

It's probably not. Any counterarguments aside from hyperbole?

How long have you had your gamertag?

Also do you have a lot of people on your friends list who could give you positive feedback and boost you back up?

charsace

Rep system is like pure political systems; sounds great in theory, but in practice it doesn't work because not all people are good, honest people.

I hope the changes are something they can get up and running in time for Halo 5. It would a shame to see their flagship title marred by these shenanigans.

hardvibes

UPDATE
*They changed my rep from red "avoid me" to yellow*

Xbox Live Enforcement team responded to my post via email. Here is the response:
"[DO NOT REPLY to this email address. It is not monitored.]

Hello Sir Fahzgoolin,

Thank you for the inquiry! Following an investigation, the Xbox Live Policy and Enforcement Team has elected to adjust the reputation of this account. However, make sure to avoid in engaging in deliberately disruptive behavior as this can result in a drop in your reputation score again. Please continue to follow the Xbox Live Code of Conduct."

I don't know what "deliberately disruptive behavior" they are talking about, but heck...at least they did SOMETHING.
What's the email address to write to them please?

Has anybody found an efficient way to boost out of this?

Good reputation for 11 damn years on Xbox Live, in 2 months of playing Overwatch I've been thrown into avoid me. I wasn't aware it was possible to get 46 'unsporting' reports in a single ****ing night, especially when I'm in party chat and playing a full group the entire time. lol

flkraven

Good reputation for 11 damn years on Xbox Live, in 2 months of playing Overwatch I've been thrown into avoid me. I wasn't aware it was possible to get 46 'unsporting' reports in a single ****ing night, especially when I'm in party chat and playing a full group the entire time. lol

You probably got spammed by a competing group

You need to be patient and go to the support forums and/or call customer service and demand immediate attention to your paid online subscription. It ended up working out for me.

I'm sorry you are going through that. It's ridiculous it's still happening apparently.

Top Bottom