• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale - Feb26-Mar4 (Press X to switch from cash to MSP)

jbug617

Banned
I need to decide what i want today, I might get Left for Dead 2 and a fighting game, just not sure if i want Super Street Fighter or KOFXIII? I have already owned but traded LFD2 and SSF but I have never played KOFXIII

MK should be $10 or $15, I payed $20 for the complete edition a couple months ago

Net code for KOF is pretty bad.

Fox Mulder

I hope this starts to be a trend with Xbox LIVE Arcade. More people will buy more games if the value is there. Everybody wins.

It'll be interesting to see what MS takes away from this sale. I only got l4d2, but have friends that got tons of stuff impulsively after never giving a shit about games on demand before. Having digital prices not be utterly insane would be amazing, and it would help lessen the outcry from blocking used games or whatever just a little bit.

But this is the same company that charges $130 for a HDD that will only be used to fill with content from their ecosystem.

C4Lukins

Just an interesting little factoid. I noticed the Dirt 2 Leaderboard has gone up by around 10,000 over the last few days. I have not been watching it during the entire sale. That put the total leaderboard over a million.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Had a little over $15 in points so I wound up with...

Left 4 Dead 2
MK vs DC Universe (going to download that one when I get home)

Really looking forward to playing MK vs DC again, that game was a lot of fun!

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
RE4
Orange Box
L4D2
MGS 2 and 3
MGS Peacewalker

Already owned the Valve games, but now it is convenient to have them on my hard drive, and made a profit by selling them both to GSTOP. RE4 and the MGS games I've always wanted to play, but never got around to. I'm sure I'll love RE4, because RE5 was great aside from the forced co-op to me, but I really hope I end up liking the MGS series or I'm out 20 bones.

f0lken

Now that all the games that would be on sale had been available I ended up buying:

Batman: Arkham City
The Darkness
COD: MW2
MGSHD
MGS Peace Walker
Ghost Recon
Fable 3

Less than $50 USD for all, a good deal I'd say

Bought MGSHD for 840MS. I had 1880 points sitting there for years with no use. Now, I hope Xbox Rewards returns me 100MP for my first Marketplace purchase.

I haven't played a game in 360 for years, and I will try to return with upscaled PS2 games. A console I do not like for its textureless games :p

WhyMe6

What an awesome sale from Microsoft, and totally unexpected - especially since Australians landed some absolutely amazing deals (for once). It's a shame El Shaddai & AC: Brotherhood weren't available for such good prices here, though. For a total of $74.50 I picked up:

- Dead Island
- GRAW 2
- Halo Reach
- HAWX
- King of Fighters XIII
- MGS 2 & 3 HD
- MGS Peace Walker HD
- Resident Evil 6
- Resident Evil: CVX HD
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2

That's an average of $7.45 a game. Rockin'.

CyReN

Picked up:
  • Fallout New Vegas - $10
  • Fallout 3 - $5

Hope Xbox does another one in the future, I'll probably get more.

Nebula

My haul involes:

DMMM: Elements
Fallout New Vegas
Max Payne 3

I have points left but no idea what to buy. I'm just short of Tekken Tag 2, which sucks.

Final damage

TC’s H.A.W.X
SUPER STREETFIGHTER IV
Tomb Raider:Legend
DiRT 2
Call of Juarez
GRID
BioShock

And I picked up Dust: An Elysian tale too.

half of these games I wouldn't even be slightly interested in if they wasn't so cheap.

I can see why these steam people have a problem with backlogs..

Wow, awesome sale, bought 9 great games for the price of a single full price one. I'm good for this gen and a little beyond I'm afraid. Poor backlog...

Bioshock
Borderlands
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
Max Payne
Civilization Revolution
Metal Gear Solid 2+3HD
Metal Gear Solid PW HD
Fallout 3

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Nabbed:

AC: Brotherhood (first purchase regret of Microsoft's sales!)
Dishonored
Max Payne 3

Hope to see more sales like this in the future!

Tunavi

Banned
I sure resisted a hell of a lot of games in this sale. I need to finish my games!

picked up Metal Gear HD though, been wanting that for a while and thats the lowest I've seen the collection get yet.

darthbob

Nabbed:

AC: Brotherhood (first purchase regret of Microsoft's sales!)
Dishonored
Max Payne 3

Hope to see more sales like this in the future!

Looking on here and CAG, it seemed pretty successful.

Hopefully this was a nice test pilot to see if MS can get the same success from Steam's sale methodology.

Cheddahz

Banned
The only three games I picked up were Bioshock and MGS2 & 3 HD. I've never played any of these games before, so I should have a blast

Which is the better deal, Metal Gear HD collection or Peace walker? I haven't played any metal gears before and have been wanting to try it for a while

Picked up Max Payne 3, Portal 2 and Dirt 2, all for 2060 pts.

Great sale, this is what deal of the weeks should be, a selection of full retail games, not just DLC or arcade stuff.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Which is the better deal, Metal Gear HD collection or Peace walker? I haven't played any metal gears before and have been wanting to try it for a while

Hard to separate them tbh. in HD you get two ps2 ports and in PW you get a PSP port! PW is the newer game though and is said to be the latest in the series and would've been a numbered sequel had it not been on the PSP.

It's also cheaper and just one game giving you a chance to see if the gameplay suits you, not everyone likes MGS.

That said MGS 2 and 3 are much more part of gaming pop culture having been played by many more people. Do you want to catch up on seminal experiences you missed or not?

Jhoan

I played a bit of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. It's pretty damn good. Steve Blum and David Hayter have a little contest going between who can sound the most gruff. The controls are pretty good much to my surprise. It sucks that you can't shoot from cover like you could in Metal Gear Solid 2. CQC slamming an enemy into a solid object feels very satisfying and powerful.

It sucks that the MP community seems to be dead for it. If anybody checked it out and needs people to do CO-OPS with, I'd be happy to partner up. I love the RPG mechanics. I would have loved if the animated comic panels were made into full fledged in game cut scenes, but Ashley Wood's art is fantastic to look at in any case. Getting S rank on all the missions and Extra is going to be a pain in the ass that's for sure.

Bryan1321

Banned
Well great sale, i bought only games that i never played, but hear good things of them

• Halo: Reach
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Metal gear Solid HD collection (2.75$ on the mexican marketplace)

Still undecided on GRID is it any good???

eso76

If you haven't played it already, don't hesitate. It has a great SP with an amazing soundtrack.

Played a bit of Max Payne 3 and I'm really liking the direction and some of the writing.
Didn't the game get its share of hate on release here on GAF ? Its fine so far and looks great.
Man, they really overdid the editing in cut scenes though, some of them are almost unwatchable. Too bad because they'd be very well done otherwise.

Also, why did no one tell me mgs2+3 HD includes mg1 and mg2:ss ???
Best deal ever !

zewone

I ended up buying:

El Shaddai
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil: CVX
The Orange Box

I'm happy with all of those.

Great sale.

I only picked up:

Rayman Raving Rabbids
Grid
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic
Max Payne 3

Anything else that I would have been interested in I've already got on disc, plus I needed to save some points for "ME3: The Citadel" tomorrow.

The good thing here is, because I have 2 Xboxes, I basically get 2 copies of each game, so I can play competitive/co-op with my GF if she's upstairs. It's the only reason I got Sonic all Stars Racing and Portal 2 from GoD instead of disc.

SCORE!

vgJames

Banned
Keep getting 'purchase cannot be completed at this time' messages. Boo!

Got Max Payne and Grid, wanting to get SSFIVAE and Dirt 2.

NaXo

Banned
Amazing sale, I bought:

- El Shaddai
- Portal 2
- DiRT 2
- The Darkness
- RE: Code Veronica

DiRT 2 was 200 points on the chilean marketplace, that's stealing for the good game it is, and I wasn't even interested in it.

statham

Picked up:
  • Fallout New Vegas - $10
  • Fallout 3 - $5

Hope Xbox does another one in the future, I'll probably get more.
say goodbye to summer, you have 120+ hours of gaming there.. advice beat FO3, take a 3 month break, play FO:NV

Top Bottom