• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale - Feb26-Mar4 (Press X to switch from cash to MSP)

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
I have about 600 points left.

I'm REALLY thinking about getting Fallout 3, but I know that game will suck up a LOT of my time, plus the DLC would cost another 20 bucks. However I've been told that the content on disc (lol) is enough for easily 100 hours of gameplay.

Its either Fallout 3, Mortal Kombat vs DCU, or wait until tomorrow for Virtua Fighter. What to do GAF?

Ghazi

I'm REALLY thinking about getting Fallout 3, but I know that game will suck up a LOT of my time, plus the DLC would cost another 20 bucks. However I've been told that the content on disc (lol) is enough for easily 100 hours of gameplay.

Its either Fallout 3, Mortal Kombat vs DCU, or wait until tomorrow for Virtua Fighter. What to do GAF?

Fallout 3 for sure if you've never played it. If you really want the DLC then just get Goty edition from Amazon where it's $20.

They released all but one of the DLC on 2 discs. You should be able to find them pretty cheap, and just like the DLC disc included in the GOTY version, they don't need any codes. They just copy over to the HDD.

Gonna go out on a limb and presume you're in the US:

Broken Steel/Point Lookout
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001REZLXE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

$4USD Pre-owned

The Pit/Operation Anchorage
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001REZLWU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

$1.37USD Pre-Owned

Only one missing is Mothership Zeta

Noema

Well great sale, i bought only games that i never played, but hear good things of them

• Halo: Reach
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Metal gear Solid HD collection (2.75$ on the mexican marketplace)

Still undecided on GRID is it any good???

That MGS HD sale is insane. I thought it was a mistake when I saw it went for 440 points. Bought it in a jiffy.

Sojgat

I got:

The Darkness
Civ Rev
MGS 2 & 3 HD
MGS Peace Walker
RE6
Dirt 2
Code Veronica
KOF13
TTT2
SSF4 Arcade Edition

Now I have no more room left on my hard drive.

AlexBasch

Whew, my heart nearly stopped after not seeing the offers in the dashboard, but nagged MGS 2-3 HD for $3.50 (49 MXN). I barely touch my Xbox anymore, but between this and SH: Downpour that I got almost for free, it might see some playtime.

I'm juggling 12.5 GB of HDD and a couple of USB sticks with my RB3 DLC and the digital version of the game along with El Shaddai.

Thank you xtaf.

Ghazi

Whew, my heart nearly stopped after not seeing the offers in the dashboard, but nagged MGS 2-3 HD for $3.50 (49 MXN). I barely touch my Xbox anymore, but between this and SH: Downpour that I got almost for free, it might see some playtime.

I'm juggling 12.5 GB of HDD and a couple of USB sticks with my RB3 DLC and the digital version of the game along with El Shaddai.

Thank you xtaf.

320GB clocking in....

lol

AlexBasch

320GB clocking in....

lol
I don't even need that much of space. Been thinking of selling this old unit as replacement pieces and getting a refurbished 60GB console at a game store near here. Since I play more on the PS3 (which already has it's 120GB HDD filled), I'd rather get HDD upgrades for that one instead.

In short, I'd be happy with even 40GB, but managing less than 25-30GB is a bitch, lol.

Ghazi

I don't even need that much of space. Been thinking of selling this old unit as replacement pieces and getting a refurbished 60GB console at a game store near here. Since I play more on the PS3 (which already has it's 120GB HDD filled), I'd rather get HDD upgrades for that one instead.

In short, I'd be happy with even 40GB, but managing less than 25-30GB is a bitch, lol.

I have nearly 40 downloadable games and I've installed a bunch of games to my hard drive and I still have 111GB left over. I remember having a 20GB though, management with that was a bitch.

Nebula

I have nearly 40 downloadable games and I've installed a bunch of games to my hard drive and I still have 111GB left over. I remember having a 20GB though, management with that was a bitch.

I replaced my 20GB the moment I downloaded one game from GoD. I saw that I would be getting trouble down the road as I love being able to just play the game from the HDD. Bought a 250GB and then when my Xbox croaked, I bought a 250GB slim.

Definitely saved me a lot of grief juggling games.

Defyler

Picked up Dirt 2, Max Payne 3, and Orange Box. Gf also picked up the Orange Box.

She's now thoroughly hooked on Portal :) Really liked the sale.

Ghazi

I replaced my 20GB the moment I downloaded one game from GoD. I saw that I would be getting trouble down the road as I love being able to just play the game from the HDD. Bought a 250GB and then when my Xbox croaked, I bought a 250GB slim.

Definitely saved me a lot of grief juggling games.

gamechanger

My 250GB HDD that came with my Xbox completely stopped working a year after I got it. I took it apart and whaddya know, MS taking laptop Hard Drives, slapping them in a box, and charge $100 for it. I still ended up buying the 320 though, it helps when I don't want the radiator of a disc drive making noises.

FracturedZero

Neo Member
Think I finally finished.

Tomb Raider:Legend(beat it when it came out, still my favorite TR)
GRAW 2(somehow I had never played this)
LFD2
El Shaddai(thought demo was ok but come on...$3!)
MGS 2 & 3(too good a deal to pass on)
Bioshock(one of my all time favorites)

So I spent $33. More than I was planning but held myself back from spending even more. Wish I had bit on RE:CV, talked myself out of it last moment. Wanted Arkham Asylum and AC II again but only at $5. Resisted Grid and Dirt 2. Like both games but I have already spent more than I wanted. Anyway, real good sale, here's hoping we see more like it. Wouldn't mind seeing some original Xbox games on sale.

Jhoan

I caved and checked out Bioshock despite reading all the spoilers for the game. I'll finally be nice to see what all the buzz is about (it's probably the plot).

Peace Walker is addictive as sin; I have to put it down. I love the RPG micromanagement stuff. It's extremely good.

Slygmous

Man, first time ever with MGS2 and it's really unforgiving or I just suck, I hardly caught that quick tutorial as it flashed on the screen.

I picked up:

Street Fighter 4 AE
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
MGS HD Collection
MGS Peacewalker HD
Resident Evil: Code Veronica

I think that was everything. Great sale.

Troll

Banned
What if this sale is because disk backwards compatibility isn't going to work with Durango but all digital media will? SO when they do the presser we have all these games that will carry over to the next gen without a problem? How cool would that be?

FyreWulff

What if this sale is because disk backwards compatibility isn't going to work with Durango but all digital media will? SO when they do the presser we have all these games that will carry over to the next gen without a problem? How cool would that be?

When you have one you have the other. Unless they're dropping the DVD laser entirely, which would go against MS's goal of being the living room set top box, they'll still be able to read 360 discs.

Trancos

wow really good value on some of this games. I mean Max Payne 3 and Fallout 3 for $4.95 is amazing. Next time the selection should be better though , who cares about Kane&lynch or RRR?

I got:

SSFIV AE
Dead Island
Max Payne 3
Fallout 3
Batman Arkham City

amardilo

I got:

The Darkness
Civ Rev
MGS 2 & 3 HD
MGS Peace Walker
RE6
Dirt 2
Code Veronica
KOF13
TTT2
SSF4 Arcade Edition

My 320GB HDD was already short on space so I had to buy 2 32GB USB sticks to put all my Games on Demand purchases onto. I sure do hope they allow for larger (and self upgradable) HDDs next gen.

I have a lot of the games that were on offer on disc so but there were a few titles I didn't have that seemed worth a look. Anyway I got:
  • Tomb Raider: Legend
  • Dirt 2
  • GRID
  • HAWX
  • The Darkness
  • Resident Evil Code: Veronica X

I would like to see more Steam like sales as I tend to buy a lot of games during those periods and I would like to buy more games digitally just so I don't have so many cases and discs taking up shelf/storage space. I hope they do more of these sales on the next gen.

Sai

Five bucks for VF5:FS... Wish I waited. :/

Next Xbox better come with a way bigger hard drive..
Or drop the propriety HDD altogether and allow us to swap 'em out with 2.5 inchers we buy ourselves.

But, y'know, Microsoft.

Support for SSD would be nice too.

I want my money back for Max Payne 3. Seriously one of the most unfun games I've ever played. 400 points was 400 points too many for this turd.

Well at least I've finished my funds, and can let my 360 die now.

But seriously, should've gone for TR Legends. At least that game has gameplay instead of this pseudo noir trash narrative with occasional shooting segments.

What a horrible game.

Lima

I want my money back for Max Payne 3. Seriously one of the most unfun games I've ever played. 400 points was 400 points too many for this turd.

But seriously, should've gone for TR Legends. At least that game has gameplay instead of this pseudo noir trash narrative with occasional shooting segments.

What a horrible game.

You are a terrible person.

Nyx

What a horrible game.

I agree there's A LOT of cutscenes, but the shooting is damn fun and easily worth 400 points.

Bread

Banned
I hope everyone bought Civ Rev at that $10 price point. It's one of the best console strategy games ever, I would flip out if they made a sequel. It's not an extremely deep game, and the limited tech/battle upgrades can grow tiring after a while, but it's the most fun I've had going for the 1000 achievement points. What a gem.

Fox Mulder

Fallout 3 is great, and the dlc was mostly disappointing anyways. All you really need is the first dlc that changes the ending and raises to XP cap. The rest were pretty boring and focused on collecting shit or shooting everything.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Hmmm....got this on PS3, but maybe I'll grab it for X360 as well. How long is the sale?

'til March 11th.

zphh7g7.png

LosDaddie

Banned
I only bought AssCreed Bro.

But...I did seriously consider SSFIV AE there for about 10min. I really enjoyed SSFIV (put in over 50hrs) and have been wanting to get AE for a while now, but I just don't have time for another multiplayer game right now. Halo 4 and my backlog games (SMG2, RDR, Zelda SS, A.Wake, AssCreed Bro, XBLA games, etc) are enough.

You are a terrible person.

Possibly yeah, but not because I despise the game.

I agree there's A LOT of cutscenes, but the shooting is damn fun and easily worth 400 points.

MP3 is basically a huge pretentious noir wank fest with the occasional shoot out scenes. So far the gameplay to cutscene ratio was 2:1.

The mechanics are good, I'll give you that, but the story, the characters, the atmosphere, it all just comes together to suck even the last bit of fun out of the game. The most fun I had with the game was accidentally dive off the roof in slow motion.

It also doesn't help that the craptastic distortion effects gave me a roaring headache. I played up to the scene in the stadium, and simply turned it off. I couldn't stand it anymore and had to go straight to bed with a headache.
From the ridiculous dialogue that is mostly cringeworthy rather than clever, to the over reliance on cinematography... it's just not a good game, and I'm feeling serious buyer remorse here.

Ah whatever, 400 points, I've had worse beer for that price.

Ban Puncher

Sale is finally over. Many MSP were lost and tiny HDD's filled to breaking point.

It's been an honour serving with you, gentlemen.

8E6Cc.jpg

Top Bottom