• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale - Feb26-Mar4 (Press X to switch from cash to MSP)

So far I only got RE:CV, TR:Legend....may get MK v. DCU (I think it was hated, but my friend had it for PS3 and we used to have fun on drunk nights playing it).

5 bucks appears to be the impulse buy price for me. 10 or 15 bucks and I'd rather have an actual disc from amazon for a little more.

Hope they continue to do these deals in the future.

Only El Shaddai for me - 240 MSP.

Everything else I would be interested in I already had on one platform or the other or could get cheaper at retail.

D3VI0US

Can anyone confirm is buying SSF4AE from Games on Demand gets you Yun, Yang, Oni, and Evil Ryu? I already own SSF4 on disc and don't want to spend money buying the same game twice.

EdgeXL

My final damage report:

My final damage report:

DiRT 2- $5

The Darkness- $5

El Shaddai- $3

Grid- $5

CoD Modern Warfare- $10

Arkham Asylum- $10

The Orange Box- $10

Fallout 3- $5

Call of Juarez- $5

Tomb Raider: Legend- $5

10 games. $63 in all.

Great sale overall. Kudos to Microsoft for making the sale available to everybody and not just people who are Gold subscribers.

This must be putting a massive strain on their servers, I've downloaded 4% of Arkham in like... half an hour -.-

That Gold money being put to good use.

In all seriousness, I've been very surprised by how good the download speeds are. Started Max Payne 3 when I got home at 4pm and it finished downloading in just over 60 minutes.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Got El Shaddai and COD4....madddd I missed out on Reach..debating double dipping on KOF XIII after I pay my bills.

Great sale. I ended up with:

El Shaddai
Dishonored
Portal 2
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Metal Gear Solid HD
Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker
The Orange Box

How is PW for the 360? I'm on the fence. I'm tempted to wait for it to show up on PS Plus.
Smooth, fun with friends and online was okay as of a few months ago. I recommend it. I 1000ed it on 360 and would definitely plat it if it went up on PS+.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Ok, I picked up MGS: HD and Peace Walker. Never played 3 and figured I'd try out Peace Walker because of the price. Good deal and I imagine there's a ton of content here. Yay, more backlog :p.

dalVlatko

Picked up Fallout 3 and RDR so I have something to play now that my xbox stopped reading discs.

Kind of disappointed with RDR. I loved GTA4 but this seems even more clunky. I'm only 2 hours in but I can't get used to the horse riding.

I really like the random missions that pop up though.

How is the darkness?

The animation in the game is pretty awesome and it makes the combat more enjoyable as a result. The art style of the game has aged pretty well for being such an old title. Easily worth the $5 imo.

Got Dirt 2 and Civ Rev.

(What a nice racer Dirt 2 is ... and the graphics are simply amazing . )

You should try grabbing grid as well. Such an under-appreciated racer :(

Dambrosi

Banned
Yeah, this sale was alright. Swapped my Yakuza: Dead Souls (plus a few pennies) for 1800 MSP, and got the following:

MGS: Peace Walker HD
Max Payne 3 (would have gotten MGS HD, but <£5 for MP3 was too good a deal to miss)
SSF4 AE (I already have it on PC, I really just want it so I can watch Daigo's* match replays)
Snops Attack for the leftover points (brilliantly demented bullet hell shmup full of zombie kittens, on XBLIG for 240 MSP)

Not to mention the one I bought on Friday, Call of Juarez (always wanted to try it out, and for less than a Boots meal deal at that!)

if the sale is still on tomorrow afternoon in the UK, I might get some more points and stretch to MGS HD. God, it really is like Steam sales.

kitzkozan

A very good sale by Microsoft, but I will believe they truly have smarten up when I see a similar sale for DLC. The SFIV DLC costumes have never been on sale on the 360 and there's plenty of game which now have big amount of DLC and no game of the year version yet (like Forza 4, Gears 3, Max Payne 3, Mass Effect 3, Sleeping Dogs, etc).

Stupid fucking Xbox. I decided to get max Payne after all and needed to add some points to my account. So I added them and then hit purchase. It used my credit card instead of the points. Fuck.

Jarlaxle

If MK was $9.99 I would've bought it.

As someone that's never played King of Fighters and isn't a hugely hardcore fighting fan (I generally just play some SF, SC, etc), is KOFXIII any good? Is it anything like SF? How's the online community?

Jhoan

How is the darkness?
The Darkness is pretty damn good. I played a ton of it yesterday and have been enjoying it. I'm almost done with the game. By the second half of the game once you have all the powers, you feel like a bad ass. For 5 bucks, you pretty much have nothing to lose. The single player is a nice length. Unfortunately, the MP community is dead and has been for a couple of years now. I heard it's unique, but I can't say.

Does the sale just end tonight? 12:00 AM or something.

It ends at 6AM Pacific time IIRC since the new DOTW goes into effect at 6AM. Someone correct me if I'm wrong For instance, since I live on the East Coast, it could be 3AM and the sale will still be available on the dashboard.

My haul is pretty small since I already have many of those games that were on sale (save for the Halo games):

The Darkness
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (since I already played 2 and 3 on the PS2)

I'm still extremely tempted to check out Bioshock for 5 bucks despite the fact that I'm waiting for the Ultimate Rapture Edition to be on sale. I might bite and end up double dipping (the extra 4 Plasmids would be nice). I told my brother that SSFIV: AE is on sale for 10 bucks (we have regular SSFIV) so he might bite on that.

How is the darkness?

Arguably the sleeper hit/underrated gem of this gen. Definitely worthy of your time.

The animation in the game is pretty awesome and it makes the combat more enjoyable as a result.

I'm sorta surprised that more devs didn't copy his gun animations. It actually adds a lot to the immersion in my eyes.

Also, Mike Patton as The Darkness is one of the better examples of voice acting. Actually, I felt that all of the performances were damn good.

The stuff with Jenny is great.

Piano

Banned
KOFXIII seems like a no brainer, but I'm torn on TTT2. I really prefer having disc versions of games and I feel like there's a decent chance it'll drop down to $20 sooner or later...

HMMM...

I have 550 points left. Should I buy Civilisation Revolution? I was a pretty big fan of AoE back in the day, but haven't played strategy games in a long, long time.

vg260

As someone that's never played King of Fighters and isn't a hugely hardcore fighting fan (I generally just play some SF, SC, etc), is KOFXIII any good? Is it anything like SF? How's the online community?

KOF XIII has awful netcode, so I would not buy it with the expectation of a thriving online scene.

I need to decide what i want today, I might get Left for Dead 2 and a fighting game, just not sure if i want Super Street Fighter or KOFXIII? I have already owned but traded LFD2 and SSF but I have never played KOFXIII

MK should be $10 or $15, I payed $20 for the complete edition a couple months ago

keit4

Banned
My haul:

- Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD (400 MSP)
- Resident Evil 4 HD (840 MSP)
- Super Street Fighter IV: AE (840 MSP)
- King Of Fighters XIII (400 MSP)
- Civilization Revolution (840 MSP)

Not bad.

Top Bottom