• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale - Feb26-Mar4 (Press X to switch from cash to MSP)

GoD are region-locked.

Only some like Dirt 2, Civ Rev, The Darkness. The majority is free.

All of them are IP locked, so you can't download on a European account from the US without messing around.

Some of them are then region-locked, so European code won't play on a US console regardless of your account region. I imagine it's the case that if the disk release was region-free, then so is the GoD release.

pot

Banned
Loved this sale, was able to pick up some games I've always wanted but never felt they were cheap enough.

I remember buying Bad Company 2 awhile ago and having to purchase the online pass separately. Not sure if this has changed with more recent games.

I also heard you could email EA support and they'll give you a code for one, not sure how true that is though.

This happened to a friend of mine as well.

I could confirm this TTT2 issue if it would ever finish downloading. Feels like I've been on 70% for ages.

edit: there's no reason it shouldn't include the pass, it's not a used game. Seems more like a problem with how Microsoft's store deals with content. Even 2 disc games are handled badly.

So? Any news please?

Thanks guys, looks like i'll be grabbing Arkham Asylum first. I like seeing the roots of good games and then seeing how the sequel expands on these ideas.

Also I like the idea of the Asylum better than the city and hopefully it will be a better/more focused place to hone my skills before taking the crime fighting to the rest of gotham!

I'm Batman byatch!

vg260

I was almost positive TTT2 and others do not need an online pass since you're buying the complete game digitally. I have the digital version, and deleted it from my HD, but had redeemed the online pass previously with a retail copy so I can't say for sure.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I was almost positive TTT2 and others do not need an online pass since you're buying the complete game digitally. I have the digital version, and deleted it from my HD, but had redeemed the online pass previously with a retail copy so I can't say for sure.

I think it's only EA games. None of which have been for sale. And EA Support give out online pass codes, anyway.

Slygmous

So? Any news please?
Sorry my Internet is trash today due to upgrades to the line or some shit. It doesn't download anything, not even patches, they all seem to be already installed... It says 'access to the Xbox live marketplace added' at the beginning and let's me into the online modes, but my line sucks too much to connect to anybody.

Is that confirmation enough?

Also this game looks way better than Tekken 6, I need to try and remember how to play now.

Sorry my Internet is trash today due to upgrades to the line or some shit. It doesn't download anything, not even patches, they all seem to be already installed... It says 'access to the Xbox live marketplace added' at the beginning and let's me into the online modes, but my line sucks too much to connect to anybody.

Is that confirmation enough?

I wouldn't know, I don't have games using online passes. But anyway, thanks for the effort.

Waiting to hear back from @xboxsupport.

MadmanUK

So many fighting games to choose from. It's a genre I don't really play much nowadays. Not sure to go for Tekken 6, KOFXIII or TT2 as I already have SSIV and MK on the PS3.

Gowans

The online pass discussion is prob worth it's own thread.

I think it was the case at start but with games like FIFA 13 been sold so quickly on GoD it can't be the case years later.

bryanee

So in this sale I have bought

Halo 4
Arkham Asylum
Tekken Tag
MK vs DC
Street Fighter IV Arcade
Max Payne
Tomb Raider: Legend

Not bad atall.

Ban Puncher

Final damage report;

Resident Evil Code Veronica
Call of Duty Black Ops
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker
Max Payne 3
King of Fighters XIII
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Not too shabby for 3080MSP plus $2.95 on the CC for BLOPS.

Thank you crazy Australian pricing!

Vanish

Is graw 2 worth it or is it one of those terrible sequels? I enjoyed the first one when it first came out but I never bothered with the sequel.

Lurkee

Neo Member
I remember buying Bad Company 2 awhile ago and having to purchase the online pass separately. Not sure if this has changed with more recent games.

I also heard you could email EA support and they'll give you a code for one, not sure how true that is though.

That's what I did back when Bad Company 2 was on sale: I didn't want to buy the game to only have to pay an extra $10 for the stupid Online Pass code, so I started an online chat with EA Support and explained to them I had bought the game new (it was) but it didn't come with an Online Pass (it didn't). I showed them proof (I forgot how; I think I just told them I had bought it from Xbox Live Marketplace), and they then gave me an Online Pass code. Total process took about 10-15 minutes.

Recall

aaf27d2f-0161-4589-aaff-9e433bb1ae42_zpscbd69fd1.jpg

7 hours later, I got a response.

As already mentioned you need to buy Online Passes separately.

vg260

As already mentioned you need to buy Online Passes seperately.

For what game? TTT2 was confirmed to include it, and apparently it's just EA games, and they can provide them. I think those reps are misinformed.

Rad-

Okay, so I bought:

Borderlands 2
Dishonored
Halo 4
MGS: PW
MGS: HD Collection
TTT 2
Fallout: New Vegas

For 100€.

Not bad MS, keep this up. I hope this was a success for them so they see that it's worth putting these deals up every now and then.

big giant

Banned
Halo Reach
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 6
Arkham Asylum
SSIV Arcade Edition

£33.18 (+ an Allard or two)

Not bad? I miiiiiight get Max Payne 3.

sangreal

What an insane policy. I'm guessing its a technical issue, along with why there are no goty editions and few multidisc games

As already mentioned you need to buy Online Passes seperately.

I got a similar response:

They are not. You would need to purchase those separately. ^PJ

Online passes are always purchased separately from the Games on Demand version as they are optional content. ^KE

IHaveIce

Banned
They are optional content? Wtf.

If the game is advertising online play in it's description it is not optional.
Else it would mean everything in the game is optional, will we see campaign passes and local multiplayerpasses in the future?

Alx

Ok I just bit on KOF XIII and MK vs DCU, and I won't give in any more (hopefully). I even already own a physical copy of MKvsDCU, but I hope I'll play it more if it is always available instead of having to look for the disk...
I'll need to sell all my redundant disks, too. :p

Final score :
- DMMM : Elements
- Tomb Raider Legends
- Bioshock
- Borderlands
- TTT2
- KOF XIII
- MK vs DCU

Total : 43€. Not bad. :)

They are optional content? Wtf.

If the game is advertising online play in it's description it is not optional.
Else it would mean everything in the game is optional, will we see campaign passes and local multiplayerpasses in the future?

Can't really blame MS for that though. I don't think EA would like if the online passes were listed as mandatory.

Top Bottom