• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One adds Xbox 360 backwards compatibility

mike4001_

As it stands, the only confirmations we have are the releases that will be coming with newer games such as Fallout 3 and Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2. Sprinkle in the "this just came to Dashboard Preview" and I'm not really seeing near the list of titles you'd expect.

Well we know they will start with 100 games.

And I hope they will just announce each month a fixed number of games.

For instance they say they will add 10 games per month and announce them together with their Games of Gold annoucement.

I hope this happens at fixed times and not that we don´t know when the next batch of games will come, and threads start to pop up "When can we expect more BC games"

Frog-fu

Banned
Fable Anniversary better make it over soon doe.

I've also got a copy of Lost Odyssey I've been waiting to play for months now.

Head.spawn

How do you go about bringing up the list of BC games available to download on your actual Xbox One?

I was able to do it with the preview program for the test, but I completely forgot how I went about it.

Alx

How do you go about bringing up the list of BC games available to download on your actual Xbox One?

I was able to do it with the preview program for the test, but I completely forgot how I went about it.

You go to "My Games & Apps" and in the "ready to install" list on the far right you should see the supported 360 games you own, among the other X1 titles.

Friendly reminder to check out the OT for the comprehensive list of everything so far
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1099611

I updated it today with a lot of new info.

I was a ditz and made the topic in OT so many might not know where it is. Best I can do is lay down reminders here, but it would be good if we could move discussion over there so everyone sees the current and up-to date info while discussing upcoming games

Cheers all

Xbudz

give me VF pls

uZ49mLj.gif
This! But not just VF.

VF2, Fighting Vipers, Sonic Fighters and VF5 please.

im_dany

Gears 1 DLCs were already free though, they just included them in the Title Update instead of making them a separate download.

Mass Effect DLCs are not available yet afaik

gossi

Can confirm Mass Effect doesn't include DLC. My save used DLC, so I couldn't access it - I had to start from scratch.

Fable Anniversary better make it over soon doe..

I feel the same way, i got the fable trilogy during the last sale and got all 3 digital for cheap since it was cheaper than just getting anniversary.

I have been waiting to play it, because i want to play it on my xbox one. (360 is out of memory)

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody else has a stuck Shadow Complex install? Or Jetpac Refuelled?

I have both as "Ready to Install" in my game list but nothing happens when I hit install.

I tried to delete the local 360 save data (was suggested by someone on the MS forums) and I did a complete power cycle of the console but still nothing.

Edit: Ok so I was able to re-install both games by going via the "Ready to Install" list on the right. Now they are installed properly on the console but they still show up in the Ready to Install list lol... That system is such a clusterfuck sometimes.

Anybody else has a stuck Shadow Complex install? Or Jetpac Refuelled?

I have both as "Ready to Install" in my game list but nothing happens when I hit install.

I tried to delete the local 360 save data (was suggested by someone on the MS forums) and I did a complete power cycle of the console but still nothing.

Edit: Ok so I was able to re-install both games by going via the "Ready to Install" list on the right. Now they are installed properly on the console but they still show up in the Ready to Install list lol... That system is such a clusterfuck sometimes.

I have this problem, I will try what you did

gossi

The Rainbow Six Siege preorders are up now - however interestingly they've dropped backwards compatibility from the wording. It now just says you get the prior games downloaded to your Xbox 360.

muzzymate

Did we ever hear what Phil Spencer was teasing regarding backwards compatibility on Twitter a bit ago? I know he then went on to say he was too early but I didn't know if anything ever came of it. It seems the Internet hive mind has moved attention to the new dashboard.

Did we ever hear what Phil Spencer was teasing regarding backwards compatibility on Twitter a bit ago? I know he then went on to say he was too early but I didn't know if anything ever came of it. It seems the Internet hive mind has moved attention to the new dashboard.

Presumably it was Borderlands in the preview

EvB

ok, so a bit more research has suggested to me that the following games were already up and running before they announced BC, these were the ones I posted with increased confidence.

Just Cause 2
COD4 : Modern Warfare
Risen
Batman : Arkham Asylum
Castle Crashers
Castlevania Symphony of the Night
Condemned

That is alongside R6: Vegas 2 which has been announced and Mirrors edge that I've actually seen footage of running on Xbox One and Geo Wars/Shadow Complex/Banjo n&b which I can see on the Xbox Store

Also, I've been seeing lots of Konami games showing up, Frogger , SOTN and MGS HD collection are all primed.

Sorry to quote myself, Just Cause 2 got confirmed today :)

Edit! It was confirmed last month. That passed me by!

Ah this reminds me, just got my Xbox One last weekend and I really hope Treasure lets their Arcade port of Guardian Heroes do this. I need it.

btw, I bought Chronicles of Riddick Assault on Dark Athena yesterday, the game was published by Atari. What are the chances for the game to get BC?

Bizzquik

Honestly, I'm ready for this thread to stop showing up routinely on GAF's first page.

This just feels like a strip tease.
I want these games on my XB1 now. LoL

The game is still sold digitally on Xbox Live. If Microsoft is proactive about reaching out I think it's an easy sell to whoever is in-charge of Atari.

true, and it's still being sold on Steam too.

I just wonder if Atari gives enough of a shit and/or if they need to renegotiate the rights of the license for that to work.

BigLee74

dont get too excited about Witcher 2. It runs like crap on the 360, with horrendous tearing. With the forced vsync, I hate to think how it will play on the One!

Top Bottom