• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One adds Xbox 360 backwards compatibility

Human_me

Everyone should head on over to the OT I made that Chris just pointed out :)

I *think* the only thing I need to add are those titles Ubisoft Facebook just posted. I know they are "rumors", but you don't just make those new 360 backwards Compat boxarts for shots and giggles :p

Agreed. If its been shown with the words "Xbox One Backwards Compatibility" from a official source, It's safe to say that it will be coming.

Everyone should head on over to the OT I made that Chris just pointed out :)

I *think* the only thing I need to add are those titles Ubisoft Facebook just posted. I know they are "rumors", but you don't just make those new 360 backwards Compat boxarts for shits and giggles :p

Excuse my ignorance but how does that screenshot link to backwards compatibility?

Excuse my ignorance but how does that screenshot link to backwards compatibility?
Those boxarts are redesigned with the green blades on the left side to show the game as backwards compatible on XB1. The boxarts with the Xbox blade icon running along the top is the original 360 boxart. If you see the left hand side blades then someone had to go in and manually change it to be that for BC titles

EvB

Another dump of likely potential titles

Ass Creed 2
Bioshock infinite
Castlestorm
COD 4 MW
COD BW2
COD MW2
Crazy Taxi
Dead Island
Dead Island Riptide
aDeus EX HR
DIRT 3
DIRT SHOWDOWN
Dungeon Siege 3
Dust and Elysian tale
Fable 2
Fable 3
Fallout 3
Forza Horizon
Gotham City Imposters
GRID 2
GTA4
Halo wars
Heavy Weapon
I am Alive
Just Cause 2
Magic 2015
Mega Man 9
Mirrors Edge
MS Splosion Man
Operation Flashpoint DR
Please Enter your List Here.
Portal Still Alive
Rainbow 6 Vegas
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
Red Dead Redemption
Sacred 3
Saints Row 4
South Park TSOT
Split/Second
Star Wars Complete Saga
Star Wars Force Unleashed
Supreme Commander 2
Ticket to Ride
Trials Fusion
Trials HD
Castlevania SOTN
WIK

Probably some overlap with things I've listed before, I'm losing track. However, that is probably a good thing

Hawk269

Another dump of likely potential titles

Ass Creed 2
Bioshock infinite
Castlestorm
COD 4 MW
COD BW2
COD MW2
Crazy Taxi
Dead Island
Dead Island Riptide
aDeus EX HR
DIRT 3
DIRT SHOWDOWN
Dungeon Siege 3
Dust and Elysian tale
Fable 2
Fable 3
Fallout 3
Forza Horizon
Gotham City Imposters
GRID 2
GTA4
Halo wars
Heavy Weapon
I am Alive
Just Cause 2
Magic 2015
Mega Man 9
Mirrors Edge
MS Splosion Man
Operation Flashpoint DR
Portal Still Alive
Rainbow 6 Vegas
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
Red Dead Redemption
Sacred 3
Saints Row 4
South Park TSOT
Split/Second
Star Wars Complete Saga
Supreme Commander 2
Ticket to Ride
Trials Fusion
Trials HD
Castlevania SOTN
WIK

Probably some overlap with things I've listed before, I'm losing track. However, that is probably a good thing

Lots of goodies on that list. #1 for me is Halo Wars. Fable 2 is a good second most wanted for me on that list.

Robert807

I want to replay Alan Wake so bad, it was my favorite game last generation. It be even better if they remaster it . I would pay for an updated graphics. Backwards compatibility will do just fine tho.

Chris1

Full list of EvB rumorus, I hope they are true. GTA 4 was recently added, seems likely Rockstar is on board if MS are testing GTA 4 too.

Alan Wake
Asura's Wrath
Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Bayonetta
BioShock 2
Bioshock Infinite
Borderlands
Braid
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Call of Duty Black Ops II
Call of Duty MW2
Castle Crashers
Castlestorm
Castlevania Symphony of the Night
Cloning Clyde
Condemned
Crackdown
Crackdown 2
Crazy Taxi
Dead Island
Dead island Riptide
Deus EX HR
Dirt 3
Dirt Showdown
Dragonball Z Xenoverse
Dungeon Siege 3
Dust and Elysian tale
Fable 2
Fable 3
Fallout 3
Forza Horizon
Frogger
Gears of War
Ghost Recon : Advanced Warfighter
Gotham City Imposters
GRID 2
GTA4
Halo wars
Harms Way
Heavy Weapon
HItman Absolution
I am Alive
Just Cause 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Magic 2015
Mega Man 9
Metal Gear HD Collection
Metal Slug XX
Minecraft 360 Edition
Mirrors Edge
Ms. Splosion Man
Oblivion
Operation Flashpoint DR
PlayOnline Viewer AKA Final Fantasy 11
Portal 2
Portal : Sill alive
Rainbow 6 Vegas
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
Red Dead Redemption
Resident Evil
Risen
Sacred 3
Saints Row 4
Sonic Adventure
Soul Calibur
Soul Calibur IV
South Park TSOT
Split/Second
Star Wars Complete Saga
Street Fighter IV
Supreme Commander 2
The Orange Box
Ticket to Ride
Toy Story 3
Trials Fusion
Trials HD
Tron Evolution
WIK
Worms Ultimate Mayhem

gossi

Full list of EvB rumorus, I hope they are true. GTA 4 was recently added, seems likely Rockstar is on board if MS are testing GTA 4 too.

Yeah, I'm not sure that's accurate. Call of Duty is listed, but the publisher has opted out of Backwards Compatibility program.

Chris1

Yeah, I'm not sure that's accurate. Call of Duty is listed, but the publisher has opted out of Backwards Compatibility program.
They haven't opted out of it at all.

That is just a list of games that MS are testing right now. That doesn't mean all of them will make it out to the public. For example they could just be testing the emulator on Red Dead because the code is a mess, even if they have no permission to release it to the public. Or in Activision's case, since we know talks are ongoing and positive according to Phil Spencer, they could just be testing it and getting ahead of the curve so that it's ready for launch, being the most voted game and all.

There's plenty of reasons they could be testing games internally so not all of them will come into the limelight, but it's a good list to go by to get a rough idea of what's to come.

Edit: The cod titles were on the list long ago, pre gamescom so they have been testing it for some time now.

8bit

Knows the Score

Big fan of Please Enter your List Here, don't think it saw the acclaim it deserved.

Anyway, my most wanted is still Rez HD and it seems it was published by Microsoft so I have slightly more hope than I previously did that it might see the light of day.

EvB

No, it isn't.

That's what I've always assumed the data was, games that were being tested. Some of these games have been in testing since several months before the original batch of BC games, so they either don't perform well or there are permission issues.

Chris1

Where is coming from?

As far as I know the list is made up, then bunged through sortmylist.com.

EvB. He has a few ways to see what games MS are testing and has posted games here in the past that came to fruition, one of his methods was games that had their own XB1 store page. He posted pics of both Shadow Complex and Castle Crashers before they were announced.

I wouldn't quite say made up, but if that's what you want to believe since you seem confident none of those games are being tested by MS then that's your opinion... Personally, I'll believe MS are testing the games EvB has posted. If I'm wrong then no big deal but for now it's pretty interesting and I hope he keeps posting updated lists.

Thanks for that website though, will come in handy in future.

EvB

As far as I know the list is made up, then bunged through sortmylist.com.

This list was written by me, but due to people complaining about it not being alphabetised I used that website, didn't realise it had left some junk behind :p

I'm not saying these are 100% the games that are coming out, but simply I think that some of these are currently working in BC right now. There are some I've managed to obtain store pages for for games that haven't been announced and I've shared these, but everything else I'm making a lot of assumptions and speculation based upon other information I have.
I'm not saying that it's right, there are likely to be a bunch of false positives.

I'm passing on PoP2008 Ultimate edition for $5 on PS3 right now because of XB1 BC.

Cmon ubi/MS, dont make that feel like a mistake

Also hoping for that game over here. Did the work finding a copy the PAL LE when I realized how much better it looked than the cardboard sleeve we got in NA - be nice to have it work on XB1.

PoPgame2.jpg

I'd say the chances of that happening are looking good.

It's just 5 bucks, just buy it.

I plan on retiring my PS3 soon. Have a handful of games in the backlog then it becomes a really cool spare blu ray player. I'm trying to not buy anymore PS3 games because that means it stays hooked up until i'm done with it. It's also why I hope that the Kingdom Hearts collection rumor pans out for the PS4 so i can put the thing away already sooner

getting it on the XB1 means I have it on a system i still have hooked up to my TV. I'm trying to not buy anymore PS3 games. It's not a money thing, it's a i-want-to-move-on thing

The main three games I want are Dark Souls and the first two Arkham games. Anything else is a bonus for me!

Oh yeah, I want a bunch of XBLA stuff, but I'm pretty confident most of that'll make it over.

Metzhara

I think my problem with person's posting the images used in events to convey games being backwards compatible is they forget that most of the time it was simply to convey that X publisher has Y quantities and has promised to support in "some way". Unfortunately none of those games are guaranteed to be backwards and quite honestly really only used the images to spruce up the announcement.

I would likely need ANOTHER HDD just for my X360 games if they released even half of those at any point.
As it stands, the only confirmations we have are the releases that will be coming with newer games such as Fallout 3 and Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2. Sprinkle in the "this just came to Dashboard Preview" and I'm not really seeing near the list of titles you'd expect.

But... I would LOVE all of those games to be included. I just consider myself a realist. Also... I don't bet money because I prefer the 5 in the wallet versus the 100 on the odds.

Top Bottom