• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

Alx

All those titles are nice and even high profile, but I'd like to see support for games I own or want, for a change. :p

Estocolmo

Yeah I like me driving games.

Could they still do just the disc version only with the classic racing games with licensing? I know they obviously can't do digital. That's why I guess I've been holding out on them coming (plus some of those aren't delisted just yet)

I would like to give a vote for Flatout Ultimate Carnage aswell!

EDIT: Just searched for Flatout Ultimate Carnage and strangely it doesn't exist as a game you can vote to become BC on the Xbox page!

amdb00mer

I actually hope we get bionic commando. I know a lot of people shit on that game but I enjoyed it.

If you mean the Bionic Commando reboot, it's already BC. If you mean Bionic Commando Re-Armed, then yes, I also would like it. Re-Armed 2 is already BC and I actually finished it twice on X1.

Oynox

If you mean the Bionic Commando reboot, it's already BC. If you mean Bionic Commando Re-Armed, then yes, I also would like it. Re-Armed 2 is already BC and I actually finished it twice on X1.

I guess he meant the reboot. Like "Bionic Commando" Bionic Commando. Would love to see that as well. Picked it up for $3 in the Xbox 360 sale yesterday in hope for BC. However I would love Rearmed as well. One of the best plattformers of all time imho

I would like to give a vote for Flatout Ultimate Carnage aswell!

EDIT: Just searched for Flatout Ultimate Carnage and strangely it doesn't exist as a game you can vote to become BC on the Xbox page!
A bit out of place response from me, but Flatout 4 is coming out in April I believe!

horkrux

Well Forza 4 was never made digital so that cant get delisted

My point was that they might not put in the effort to make it compatible if they wouldn't be able sell it. Considering the games are older than Horizon, licences have probably already expired as well.

terrible

Banned
Well Forza 4 was never made digital so that cant get delisted

They pulled all the DLC off the store at least.

Ah, beaten.

I only know that because I was going to grab a pack or two recently for the hell of it and noticed there was no DLC in the store anymore. Sad times.

amdb00mer

I guess he meant the reboot. Like "Bionic Commando" Bionic Commando. Would love to see that as well. Picked it up for $3 in the Xbox 360 sale yesterday in hope for BC. However I would love Rearmed as well. One of the best plattformers of all time imho

For some reason I thought the Bionic Commando reboot was already BC, but it's not. I already got a 1000G on it and did not really see a reason to play through it again, but it would be cool if it was added. Need more Capcom support.

im_dany

They pulled all the DLC off the store at least.

Ah, beaten.

I only know that because I was going to grab a pack or two recently for the hell of it and noticed there was no DLC in the store anymore. Sad times.

The worst thing is, they didn't warn people. They just put them on sale one last time and then they were delisted. Same shit happened with FM3 too, and if I see FM5 DLCs go on a weird sale there's no way I won't buy them.

Meh.

I like EA games but it seems lately that they and Activision seem to account for most of the big titles on BC.

Need more publishers involved.
I'd agree, but Shadows of the Damned isn't a typical EA title, it's a Partners one (no precedent for those on BC until yesterday w/ Madness Returns) that's stuck on last gen with no PC version. Shadows of the Damned played on Xbox One might be the best performing version of it. This is a win for game preservation, and that's what I appreciate most about this BC initiative.

I want more publishers involved too though, absolutely.

FZW

My point was that they might not put in the effort to make it compatible if they wouldn't be able sell it. Considering the games are older than Horizon, licences have probably already expired as well.

They have put in the effort for disc only many times before and those are also games they can't sell, so I don't see why they wouldn't put in the effort for this. There is no precedent for it so I don't see why we should assume that they won't.

Plus I'm pretty sure they said all 360 games will be BC as long as they don't require hardware emulation (Kinect for example).

SURGEdude

They have put in the effort for disc only many times before and those are also games they can't sell, so I don't see why they wouldn't put in the effort for this. There is no precedent for it so I don't see why we should assume that they won't.

Plus I'm pretty sure they said all 360 games will be BC as long as they don't require hardware emulation (Kinect for example).

Not to discount anything else you stated, but I think they said that any 360 titles could be supported, not that they would be. Excluding the Kinect titles like you pointed out of course.

I highly doubt the worst games will ever get tossed onto BC.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
That's the second Suda 51 title in the last few months. Interesting, haven't played a Suda 51 game since killer 7 but I'll try out either Killer is Dead or Shadows of the Damned

Don't think I've ever seen this before and sorry if it's been mentioned but my EA Access app said that Skate 3, Zumas Revenge, Dead Space Ignition are the next games in Vault (and Madden 17 but that's not BC :p)

Not to discount anything else you stated, but I think they said that any 360 titles could be supported, not that they would be. Excluding the Kinect titles like you pointed out of course.

I highly doubt the worst games will ever get tossed onto BC.

What? You must not follow the weekly BC releases. They have put quite a few titles that are absolutely bottom of the barrel, some so obscure and awful that most people here on gaf had to look up what the games were.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with BC so far and I have about 90-100 titles already BC, but let's not think they are just going for strictly the cream of the crop and mid-tier stuff only.

deadfolk

Shadows of the Damned :(

I was loving that game until I got stuck. There was a really hard bit (can't remember if it was a boss) with a checkpoint which required you to fight through several fairly difficult sections to get back to it when you died.

I ragequit and never went back. Such a shame I suck.

SMG

Shadows of the Damned :(

I was loving that game until I got stuck. There was a really hard bit (can't remember if it was a boss) with a checkpoint which required you to fight through several fairly difficult sections to get back to it when you died.

I ragequit and never went back. Such a shame I suck.
No big loss. The game wasn't very good and towards the end the whole enveloped by dark mechanic made it a real slog.

I'm going to assume Ekim was right since he was about Alice, hoping there's one or two more added to the two he said though. I love days with 3-4 releases...gotta build the library!

Chitown B

Sweet. The only achievement I have left for Shadows of the Damned was to beat it on hard, I guess I'll work on that now (
I just can not get the timing right or something for the last boss on hard for some reason. Which is strange because he was so friggen easy on normal...
)

I have that and the one for all the red things. The last boss was ridiculous.

Bizzquik

Post Yours!!
Full Backward Compatibility title listing HERE.

My Top 15 Most Wanted
[1] Grand Theft Auto IV
[2] Dragon Age 2
[3] NCAA Football '14
[4] L.A. Noire
[5] Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
[6] Crackdown
[7] Risen
[8] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
[9] Fable Anniversary
[10] Tales of Vesperia
[11] Eternal Sonata
[12] The Sims 3: Pets
[13] Tomb Raider: Underworld
[14] Alpha Protocol
[15] Spider-Man 3

My Top 15 Personal Favorites Available Now (appreciation)
[1] Red Dead Redemption
[2] Mass Effect
[3] Dragon Age: Origins
[4] Mass Effect 2
[5] Mass Effect 3
[6] Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
[7] Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
[8] Fallout: New Vegas
[9] Blue Dragon
[10] Call of Duty: World at War
[11] NBA Jam: On Fire Edition
[12] Halo: Reach
[13] X-COM: Enemy Within
[14] Lost Odyssey
[15] Bully: Scholarship Edition

Thanks, Microsoft!

Chitown B

My Top 15 Most Wanted

Blur (no digital version)
Deadly Premonition
Lego Indy 2
Dragon Age 2
Red Faction Guerilla
Dishonored
Darksiders
Civ Rev
Fable Anniversary
Tales of Vesperia
Crackdown
Retro City Rampage: DX
Trials Evolution
Simpsons Arcade
Bulletstorm

Wuiji

My most wanted:

Ace Combat 6
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Binary Domain
Vanquish
Zone of the Enders: HD collection

I think that's all that's left on the games I wanted on there.

Top Bottom