• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

Tarrin

My Top 15 Most Wanted:

Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Quake 4
Crackdown
Bulletstorm
Fear 1, 2, 3, Fear Files
50 Cent: Blood on the Sand
Prey
Driver: San Francisco.
Turok
Splatterhouse
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
Resident Evil: Revelations

My most wanted
Dead Space 2-3
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
Crackdown
F.E.A.R. 1-2
Vanquish
Dante's Inferno
Prey
Spec Ops: The Line
Warhammer 40k: Kill Team
Crysis 1-3
Kane and Lynch
Max Payne 3
Syndicate
The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile
Quake 4
Splatterhouse

My favorites of what's already available
Dead Space
Doom 1-3
Mass Effect 1-3
Gears of War
Alice: Madness Returns
Comdemned: Criminal Origins
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Super Meat Boy

Though I'm glad for anything that becomes available. I would like my entire 360 collection to be playable on Xbox One eventually, though I'm sure there are a few titles that will never be brought over. I currently have 111 games that are BC, and another 88 that aren't yet.

Of course, I would also like to see disc only games become available digitally. I really wanted to go full digital on the 360, but it wasn't an option. I would be happy to buy some of those games again if they go digital.

NCAA Football 2014

What do you guys think the chances of this ever coming to BC are?

I'm guessing 0.01%. There are legal issues with this game, aren't there? Even if there weren't, I'm guessing the licensing situation would be sticky indeed if they wanted to actually sell it on the XB1 store.

CRZYSPZ

My Most Wanted

Aliens vs. Predator
Asura's Wrath
Charlie Murder
Crackdown 1&2
Darksiders I&II
Dead Space 2&3
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Fable: Anniversary
Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy
Sonic (All of them)
SoulCalibur IV&V
Tales of Vesperia
Transformers War & Fall of Cybertron

Most Appreciated

Bioshock Trilogy
Blue Dragon
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Catherine
Dead Space
Forza Horizon
Gears of War (1-Judgment)
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect Trilogy
Sonic Games

My most wanted:
Tales of Vesperia
Ace Combat 6
Infinite Undiscovery
Star Ocean 4
Naruto Ubi games
Operation Darkness
Culdcept Saga
Persona Arena
Asura's Wrath

Figments

Since we're all doing this now instead of begging for the release of The One True Game (MW3), I'll entertain a list.

My Most Wanted:

Modern Warfare 3
Remember Me
Tales of Vesperia
Modern Warfare 3
Eternal Sonata
Modern Warfare 3
Halo 3

And last

Modern Warfare 3.

I want Dante's Inferno. I have it, and an Xbox 360, but I'd have to like... plug the 360 in to play it and I'm just so damn lazy (and have SO many other games in my backlog)

Springy

Most appreciate:
Bayonetta
SSX
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
The Orange Box
Forza Horizon
VF5 Final Showdown
Garou
Halo: Reach
Mirror's Edge
Witcher 2
Shadow Complex
Fallout 3
Jet Set Radio
Call of Duty 2
Beyond Good & Evil HD

Most wanted:
Ace Combat 6
Tomb Raider Anniversary (Legend and Underworld would be nice, too)
Sega Rally Revo
Afterburner Climax
Daytona USA
Amped 3
Fatal Inertia
Child of Eden
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 1-3
Burnout Revenge
W40K Space Marine
Sonic's Genesis Ultimate Collection
Persona 4 Arena
Command & Conquer 3

Edit: I would also very much like Black Ops II, despite being a season pass owner on PS3. :(

Nyari

Neo Member
Sure, i'll play too...

My most wanted:

Anarchy Reigns
The Saboteur
Transformers, Fall of Cybertron
Transformers: War for Cybertron
Tales of Vesperia
W40K Space Marine
Fable Anniversary

Drippy

Don't think I've ever seen this before and sorry if it's been mentioned but my EA Access app said that Skate 3, Zumas Revenge, Dead Space Ignition are the next games in Vault (and Madden 17 but that's not BC :p)

Wait, what? Skate 3 is coming to EA Access? That's a great news!

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
I want Crackdown, Burnout Revenge and Civilization Revolution. I think if I got they three I could give them a bye if they stopped moving 360 games over after that and moved onto original Xbox compatibility.

Leonidas

Most Wanted:
Infinite Undiscovery
N3 II: Ninety-Nine Nights
DeathSmilesII X
Soul Calibur V
Bullet Witch
Culdcept SAGA
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2
Ninja Gaiden II
Onechanbara BSS
Rumble Roses XX

Most Appreciated:
Lumines Live!
Tekken 6
Gears of War Judgement
Bayonetta
Forza Horizon
Hydro Thunder Hurricane
Lost Odyssey
Blue Dragon
Omega Five
Catherine

Keeping these lists to ten each so I don't go overboard.

HBx2000

Most Wanted 11

- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand
- Dante's Inferno
- Splatterhouse
- Crysis
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Battlefield: Bad Company
- Prey
- Crackdown
- Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
- Quake 2

Most Appreciated 11

- Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Call of Duty 3
- Call of Duty 2
- Call of Duty: World at War
- Red Dead Redemption
- RAGE
- Bayonetta
- Medal of Honor: Airborne
- Shadows of the Damned
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
most appreciated
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Dark Souls
New Vegas
Streets of Rage Collection
Catherine

most wanted
Virtua Fighter 2
Daytona USA
Virtual On: OT
Space Channel 5 pt 2

CRAIG667

Most appreciated

Fallout 3
Gears of war series
Forza Horizon
Defense Grid
Alan Wake
Red Dead Redemption
Dead Space
Halo Wars
Orange Box
Portal 2
Tekken
Bioshock series

Most wanted

Street Fighter 2, 3, 4 (Everything Street fighter)
Dead Space 2+3
Mortal Kombat (all versions)
Bulletstorm
BlazBlue Calamity Trigger

TheKeyPit

Banned
I want Dante's Inferno. I have it, and an Xbox 360, but I'd have to like... plug the 360 in to play it and I'm just so damn lazy (and have SO many other games in my backlog)

I'd be okay with this one. I played the demo back then and I liked it. A purchase would be guaranteed if it gets bc.

Most appreciated

Halo Reach
Catherine
Killer is Dead
Call of Duty World at War
Call of Duty Black Ops
Counter Strike Global Offensive
BioShock Infinite
The Orange Box
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Soul Calibur 2 HD Online
Lost Odyssey
Gears of War 3
Lumines Live

Most wanted
Black Ops 2
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
GTA 4

Novocaine

Appreciated:
Dark Souls
Bayonetta
Spelunky
Viva Pinata
Symphony of the Night
Ikaruga
Gears 1-3

Wanted:
Rez
Super Puzzle Fighter
Metal Gear Rising
Dragons Dogma
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Devil May Cry HD collection

Modern Warfare 2 please. And Dante's Inferno. Always wanted to play that one.

I'd be okay with this one. I played the demo back then and I liked it. A purchase would be guaranteed if it gets bc.

The story for Dante's Inferno is pretty bad, mostly because it feels like it takes itself so seriously. Random crusader dies while slaughtering his enemies, defies Death himself and takes his scythe. Then he comes home to find that Satan himself has kidnapped his wife, so he literally fights through Hell to kill him and get her back. Oh and at some point he decides to go shirtless and stitch a cloth cross into his chest.

The gameplay and settings are great though. The Hell setting allows for some interesting enemies and environments, and it's a fun God of War type game, especially for those of us who didn't own a PS3. Just thinking about it makes me want to go back and play it.

Post Yours!!
Full Backward Compatibility title listing HERE.

My Top 15 Most Wanted
[3] NCAA Football '14

That will definitely never happen. Licensing issues aside, The NCAA/EA partnership went down in flames after a lawsuit on likeness which made EA turn on the NCAA. That game showing up anywhere ever again is probably the same as Too Human showing up anywhere ever again.

Only way this happens is if MS ever opens up BC to any Xbox 360 disc that's popped into the drive (by generating the VM on the fly rather than downloading it). I think it's possible to do it securely with rigorous integrity checks, but I'm sure they are cautious because the Xbox 360 has been hacked forwards and backwards.

Justinh

15 16+ Most Appreciated
Lost Odyssey
Blue Dragon
Ultimate Doom/Doom 2 (close enough to count as one?)
Forza Horizon
Dark Souls
Bayonetta
X-COM: Enemy Unknown & Enemy Within
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Ikaruga
The Orange Box
Ghostbusters
Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage
Guardian Heroes
Capcom Arcade Cabinet
Gunstar Heroes

I appreciate some of the more obscure games being added, like Guardian Heroes and Gunstar Heroes, even if I don't play them regularly. I re-play Doom and Doom 2 quite often though.

Most Wanted? All those wonderful 2D spaceship shooters.

amdb00mer

Fight Night Champion
NCAA Football 2014

Everything else is a bonus then.

What do you guys think the chances of this ever coming to BC are?

I'm guessing 0.01%. There are legal issues with this game, aren't there? Even if there weren't, I'm guessing the licensing situation would be sticky indeed if they wanted to actually sell it on the XB1 store.

EA still owns the license and could sell it. They already paid out money to the athletes that claimed they were portrayed in the game. Not sure why they are not making it BC other than avoiding any additional bad PR. The game is still up for sale on X360 store last time I checked.

EA still owns the license and could sell it. They already paid out money to the athletes that claimed they were portrayed in the game. Not sure why they are not making it BC other than avoiding any additional bad PR. The game is still up for sale on X360 store last time I checked.

Yes, but to package it up and/or sell it on the X1 would likely require a new agreement, which will never come. Many licensing agreements are very specific about which platforms the game is licensed for, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. Since X1 BC requires a new downloadable "release" of the game (even if they don't intend to sell it), it's really unlikely. Even if the original agreements did not specify platforms, it might risk another lawsuit, and since they certainly won't be able to sell the game on X1 there's little incentive for EA to pursue it.

If you mean the Bionic Commando reboot, it's already BC. If you mean Bionic Commando Re-Armed, then yes, I also would like it. Re-Armed 2 is already BC and I actually finished it twice on X1.

I guess he meant the reboot. Like "Bionic Commando" Bionic Commando. Would love to see that as well. Picked it up for $3 in the Xbox 360 sale yesterday in hope for BC. However I would love Rearmed as well. One of the best plattformers of all time imho

Yeah, I mean the reboot with the guy with dreads. I didn't see it on the list. I'll go look again.

And it's a travesty Bionic Commando rearmed isn't bc.

komarkaze

Most wanted:
Puzzle Fighter
Ninja Gaiden 2
Lollipop Chainsaw
Geometry Wars 2
Konami beat em ups
Outrun Online
Beautiful Katamari
Saints Row 3
Space Channel 5 Part 2
Rez HD

Most appreciated:
Killer is Dead
Duck Tales
Forza Horizon
Burnout Paradise
Alice in Wonderland
Catherine
TTT2
Viva Piñata
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
The Maw (my kids love it)
Red Dead Redemption

The story for Dante's Inferno is pretty bad, mostly because it feels like it takes itself so seriously. Random crusader dies while slaughtering his enemies, defies Death himself and takes his scythe. Then he comes home to find that Satan himself has kidnapped his wife, so he literally fights through Hell to kill him and get her back. Oh and at some point he decides to go shirtless and stitch a cloth cross into his chest.

The gameplay and settings are great though. The Hell setting allows for some interesting enemies and environments, and it's a fun God of War type game, especially for those of us who didn't own a PS3. Just thinking about it makes me want to go back and play it.

The ridiculous, over-the-top self-serious story is actually the main reason I want to play it. Like a "so bad it's good" horror movie. IIRC it came out as a "rival" to God of War, right? So I expect the gameplay to be similar, and have heard it's good before, which is a bonus because I really really wanna experience the story hahahahaha

YES!!!!!
Just discovered "Ghostbusters: The Video Game" is bc :)

Love this game, its basically Ghostbusters 3 and well worth a play through if you want a 3rd installment of the original franchise.
Was even written by Harold Ramis & Dan Aykroyd.

ss_lemonade

The ridiculous, over-the-top self-serious story is actually the main reason I want to play it. Like a "so bad it's good" horror movie. IIRC it came out as a "rival" to God of War, right? So I expect the gameplay to be similar, and have heard it's good before, which is a bonus because I really really wanna experience the story hahahahaha

I remember it playing extremely similar to God of War, from controls to gameplay elements.

YES!!!!!
Just discovered "Ghostbusters: The Video Game" is bc :)

Love this game, its basically Ghostbusters 3 and well worth a play through if you want a 3rd installment of the original franchise.
Was even written by Harold Ramis & Dan Aykroyd.
Yeah I just found this out last night, then shortly after found out that I lent it to my cousin who turned out to be a total piece of shit and tried to keep my 360 and all games for himself, after over a year finally gave me back the 360, but never returned any of my games which leads me to believe he sold them. Super fucking stoked about that. It's $15 on the Xbox Marketplace though so I'll probably buy it digitally there. Just really pisses me off to not have my disc and box to keep on my Ghostbusters Collection Shelf. ):<

I remember it playing extremely similar to God of War, from controls to gameplay elements.

Excellent, hopefully it becomes BC some day. Otherwise I guess I can always just hook up my 360 *overdramatic sigh*

For some reason I can imagine the story working better in a 90s arcade style game or something, but to me it came across like the devs had no idea how riduculous it was. I don't know, they put some pretty silly stuff in Battlefield Hardline as well. I did preorder it for $60 just based on the developer (Visceral... Dead Space), and I wasn't disappointed.

For some reason I can imagine the story working better in a 90s arcade style game or something, but to me it came across like the devs had no idea how riduculous it was. I don't know, they put some pretty silly stuff in Battlefield Hardline as well. I did preorder it for $60 just based on the developer (Visceral... Dead Space), and I wasn't disappointed.

I never really thought it was meant to be tongue in cheek, so that's even more exciting to hear. Part of what drew me to it was it looked like it legitimately was taking itself very seriously, despite the fact that it's completely effing ridiculous. So if the writers and developers were being 100% genuine with trying to make it dark and badass, that'll only add to my enjoyment.

I seem to find when something is bad, but you can tell the people behind it really truly believed they were doing something good, it makes it immensely enjoyable for me. The Room and Gods of Egypt are two movie examples. Troll 2 as well. There's just something about an honest attempt that fails so spectacularly that I find really endearing. The thought of the developers sitting at their desks being like "Fuck yeah then spiders come out her nipples this is so raw" with total conviction is endlessly entertaining.

I hope that doesn't make me sound stuck up or something, lord knows I've had plenty of bad ideas. I don't mean it in a mean spirited way, I really genuinely enjoy stuff like this. It's when people do "so bad it's good" on purpose that I find it really crappy, it's a very fine line and it's easy to just go too far over it. I like "so bad it's good" when it's authentic.

We really need Radiant Silvergun BC!

I'm always like "I'll wait for BC" with everything now, even though I still have a 360 and even have it hooked up lol. Guess I'm just more use to the Xbox One controller now and prefer to be playing on that.

Top Bottom