• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

CRZYSPZ

It was #1 not long ago. Game is awesome, loved the Zombies mode on that game.

I thought it started getting really convoluted when Shangri-La and Moon released for BO1. Then BO2 zombies started downhill with Tranzit (Town was really fun though), then Nuketown 2025 was meh, then Die Rise was fun-ish, Mob of the Dead was really good, same goes for Buried, and then Origins I never got into.

Black Ops 1 is still my favorite zombies game.

Gestault

Digital sale prices on games not announced as BC hurt me, physically. I don't want to prospect, but they're so cheap and they're so good.

Just bought Puzzle Fighter HD and got a message about showing under Ready to Install games case of being BC.
Don't know if it shows always and for every X360 game (despite being BC or not)...

Digital sale prices on games not announced as BC hurt me, physically. I don't want to prospect, but they're so cheap and they're so good.

I keep my 360 around to play the games that haven't or won't ever become BC. I'd rather they were BC of course, but at least I can jump on the deals and play them. But then again I keep all my old systems (PS3, OG Xbox, Wii, SNES, N64, etc.) and I don't treat the 360 any differently than those.

I have many phantom purchases that I can't play on my 360,

What do you mean by this?

CRZYSPZ

I have a feeling Super/Ultra Street Fighter IV will be coming this or next week due to the DLC on sale.... just a hunch though.

I think it's obvious that at least one of the three Star Wars games will go BC on Thursday (LEGO Star Wars III, LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes).

yyr

I never bothered with Geometry Wars 1 when it went BC because of how much better 2 is.

I am totally playing 2 again tonight. Really, really happy!

Also, good on Sierra for making 3 BC even though it has a native XB1 version.

Qwark

Do you think Asura's Wrath has a decent chance of ever being b/c? My 360 isn't hooked up anymore, my PS3 is, but I'd rather play it on XB1 over PS3. And I see it's on sale on Xbox right now.

Finally!!! I've had Geometry Wars 2 pinned for a long time (since I found some guy's gamertag and looked up his game history) and it's nice to finally see this playable.

If Marvel vs Capcom Origins and Marvel vs Capcom 2 ever become BC, I can finally let go of my 360.

Edit - just installed it and it says "this game might not be playable yet" so maybe something on Microsoft's end?

Edit 2 - a hard restart of my Xbone fixed it! I'm able to play GW2!

CRZYSPZ

We hear this theory every week for games on sale. The correlation rate is very very low.

I totally get it, but May the 4th is pretty obvious for the Star Wars titles.

Super/Ultra SFIV is another case entirely. Not 100% sure about that one but I do find it weird they have the DLC on sale, but not the games themselves. I was thinking maybe they assume most people got it as a GWG title and are just going to hope to make money off of the overpriced DLC that's on sale?

I'm not going to assume anything in regards to Street Fighter, but I think there's a solid chance for this or next week. Especially since there's no sign of a remaster coming.

Oh yeah, it was one of the first games, I remember.

It was actually one of those weird ones where it was in the preview version of the BC program, then got removed before the official launch, then brought back a couple months later.

No idea why.

I totally get it, but May the 4th is pretty obvious for the Star Wars titles.

Super/Ultra SFIV is another case entirely. Not 100% sure about that one but I do find it weird they have the DLC on sale, but not the games themselves. I was thinking maybe they assume most people got it as a GWG title and are just going to hope to make money off of the overpriced DLC that's on sale?

I'm not going to assume anything in regards to Street Fighter, but I think there's a solid chance for this or next week. Especially since there's no sign of a remaster coming.

It was actually one of those weird ones where it was in the preview version of the BC program, then got removed before the official launch, then brought back a couple months later.

No idea why.

i dont think there are any star wars titles left..

Top Bottom