• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

psyfi

Banned
I think we need to update the thread title. I don't know anyone with an XB1 without at least a few BC titles installed.

zoodoo

I am playing through darsouls bc now and the framerate can be very bad at times. Was it like that on 360?

Coming from bloodborne, it is rough.

EvB

I am playing through darsouls bc now and the framerate can be very bad at times. Was it like that on 360?

Coming from bloodborne, it is rough.

It was even worse.

Even worse again on PS3.

Smashing crates and Barrels was always the killer

Crackdowns and Fable Anniversary just got discounted...incoming BC tomorrow? :D

(Don't get your hopes up heh)

Crackdown $5
Crackdown 2 $8
Fable Anniversary $16

Doesn't it still save internally in the last example just without telling you? I think it does (go to manage storage while in a 360 game by bringing up the 360 guide and selecting it).

Yes, it might work that way. Would make sense if you were playing offline and it held the saves until the Xbox could get a connection.

FinalAres

why is this still getting posted every page

It's a joke.

Its a good joke, but its not necessarily apparent.

The fact that PS4 has such a focus on new games, and so little retro made me think "I guess console gamers don't want to revisit old games". Naturally looking at this title I didn't immediately think it was joke. I guarantee that people will see this thread on a nearly daily basis, and not go in it, and therefore think bc is genuinely not popular. It took me going in this thread to realise. Not that that really matters. Maybe its perpetuating misinformation to some people, albeit unintentionally, but I guess that doesn't matter.

EmiPrime

The Bioshock trilogy has native Xbox One ports, and yet the X360 versions are BC. I wouldn't give up hope yet.

Unless it's a coincidence that DmC, Dead Rising 1, 2, OTR and all their Resident Evil ports aren't BC while the two 360 exclusive Dead Rising games are, Capcom seem to see things differently; they want you to buy their re-releases on XB1 instead.

The Bioshock trilogy has native Xbox One ports, and yet the X360 versions are BC. I wouldn't give up hope yet.

If you unlock the framerate in Bio 1 & 2 it runs quite high on the Xbox One, up in the 50's I think DF tested. Can't wait for it on the Scorpio, it will hit 60 easily, plus 16xAF!

Zeta Oni

Unless it's a coincidence that DmC, Dead Rising 1, 2, OTR and all their Resident Evil ports aren't BC while the two 360 exclusive Dead Rising games are, Capcom seem to see things differently; they want you to buy their re-releases on XB1 instead.

Yup.

Expect Lost Planet to get the same treatment.

The only game I'm curious if they will actually remaster is Remember Me.

Assassins Creed 3 just got announced for June 1-15 Xbox Games with Gold, and is not BC yet, so take that as a semi-announcement for today so far! They usually still try and out those games up a week before their GwG date so maybe they add it today

amdb00mer

Assassins Creed 3 just got announced for June 1-15 Xbox Games with Gold, and is not BC yet, so take that as a semi-announcement for today so far! They usually still try and out those games up a week before their GwG date so maybe they add it today

My thought exactly. other than the X360 version of ACIV: Black Flag, all AC games are on X1 via BC. Pretty cool.

My thought exactly. other than the X360 version of ACIV: Black Flag, all AC games are on X1 via BC. Pretty cool.
Unfortunately Liberation HD is still not available and that's the one I really wanted besides Rogue :(

I don't see any reason why they won't eventually release it though, just a matter of time!

EmiPrime

Yup.

Expect Lost Planet to get the same treatment.

The only game I'm curious if they will actually remaster is Remember Me.

Lost Planet trilogy (quadrilogy?) at 60fps and without screen tearing would definitely get me to try the series again.

Yesssssss ilomilo!

shandy706

What is Matt Hazard?

Other stuff isn't bad....need some bombshells MS.

Edit** Looked that game up, evidently it's a Contra style shooter that isn't half bad.
giphy.gif

thundr51

Whenever I see AC# I always start getting hyped because I think it referring to Armored Core!

One day, i'll learn...

anyway, are there ANY armored core/mech games back compat?

Zeta Oni

Lost Planet trilogy (quadrilogy?) at 60fps and without screen tearing would definitely get me to try the series again.

Yesssssss ilomilo!

60 FPS Lost Planet 2 with 4 people would probably be one of the greatest co-op experiences ever, and would be worth the price alone IMO.

Assassin's Creed III! Finally. Installing this tonight for sure.

I'm probably vastly in the minority on this one, but that's my favorite AC, followed by BF, then Brotherhood.

Top Bottom