• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Shadow Assault / Tenchu is the weird lovechild of PS1 Game "Trap Gunner" and the "Tenchu" Franchise. I Got all 200 Gamerscore on it back in 2008.

It's a fun little puzzle / action hybrid that... I really don't know why it exist, lol. I feel like the only person who probably wished that "TraGun" would become a new, updated offshoot of Bomberman style gameplay. But I found it really fresh and different, and solving how to get through the stages was enjoyable, and chaining up attack combos was something to go for. I felt like I spent enough time with it to see it's best and worse.

This is primarily a single player affair, but it had multi, as well. I found it more engaging than Bomberman Single player affairs, at the Combo system + actually trying NOT to be seen, gave more purpose to it than simply blowing up all enemies, and maybe pressing a switch, to progress to the next screen.

Tenchu is one title I've seen requested, some people will by happy. Unfortunately that's 5 titles I don't own.

Not the right Tenchu sadly

The one added is this one

Shadowassaulttenchucover.jpg

The one people want is this one

Tenchu_Z.jpg

It is a good sign that at least they are willing to let Tenchu games go bc though!

So I assume BioShock Infinite's install is 13GB because it includes the DLC, right? Then, do I actually have to have the DLC installed separately? I own the DLC via the complete edition disc, if that matters.

With Dragon's Dogma being remastered I think every game I'd actually play has gone BC now. Really fucking cool on MS for making such great progress.

Edit: I spoke too soon, Soul Calibur V would be nice.

vakarian32

I'm having some problems with installing Blue Dragon I bought on sale the other day. Every other 360 game I bought installed fine it's just Blue Dragon, the download gets to around 10% (2.27GB) then it pauses with a "Installation stopped" message.

I've tried installing to internal and external storage about 5 times it fails at exactly 2.27GB downloaded. Any ideas?

I'm having some problems with installing Blue Dragon I bought on sale the other day. Every other 360 game I bought installed fine it's just Blue Dragon, the download gets to around 10% (2.27GB) then it pauses with a "Installation stopped" message.

I've tried installing to internal and external storage about 5 times it fails at exactly 2.27GB downloaded. Any ideas?

It's an obvious fix and I'm sure this isn't it, but do you have enough space for the full install?

vakarian32

It's an obvious fix and I'm sure this isn't it, but do you have enough space for the full install?

I have plenty of HDD space yeah, over 400GB. I've looked around for other solutions, deleting the partial download then full shut down etc. but nothing helps. It's really strange this one game just doesn't want to download beyond 2.27GB, I guess I'll have to contact MS and see about a refund if they can't help.

Nheco

Recently I had shit stopping during download or update on my Xbox One, and it was solved when I cleared it's cache (hold the power button with the console turned off until it's power brick light turned yellow).

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
¡HarlequinPanic!;237902031 said:
uhhhh sold!? That sounds great.

I thought it enjoyable in it's time, surely. Rocketing enemies down corridors to play mousetrap-style chain reactions upon them was quite fun. I wish the ranges of attacks were more mechanically determined (as in, an explosion always blows enemies 2 exact grid squares, rather than some 3D-determined unit of distance that can be blocked by other objects or shifted by minor physics), but getting the perfect trap chains (or just juggling between the same 2 or 3 abilities with enough time for cooldown between them) has a maniacal fun to it.

In that way, it's also like a top-down Tecmo's Deception.

I haven't seen anything directly like it again in years, so it's not like anyone's done it better since then!

cuilan

While testing out ilomilo via BC, I noticed that the music in both the main and pause menus starts to crackle and slow down a bit whenever the Xbox One guide is open. It returns to normal after the guide is closed.

Somewhat unrelated, but I played some ilomilo shuffle while I was testing it out and I got a new high score, I'm now in the global top 50! (the good run starts 7 minutes in)

https://beam.pro/red_randsel?vod=2732341

Near the end of the video you can hear the types of sound distortions that happen. I was opening the guide to stop the stream at that point.

Well, look at what we did get, loads of games that are backwards compatible for super cheap prices and Phantom Dust for free. They have been good to us in other ways this month.

Top Bottom