• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

muzzymate

Bummer. Hope this means lot of large scale games are going thru testing right now. Don't have any data to back it up, but sure feels like we are in a lull right now.

Yeah for whatever reason, the disc version is different compared to the digital copy.
The Digital version already comes with some language packs, like the Brazilian Portuguese voice acting. This pack should be downloaded when using the disc version.

P.S.: It is just a guess. And sorry about my broken english.

Is the tyranny of king Washington available for Assassins Creed 3? I don't see it in the store.

It's possible that it isn't. When I beat borderlands 1 on xbone, I wanted the dlc for it and I couldn't purchase any of them, only when I was on the 360. This was months ago though haven't checked recently ..

Valanarro

It's possible that it isn't. When I beat borderlands 1 on xbone, I wanted the dlc for it and I couldn't purchase any of them, only when I was on the 360. This was months ago though haven't checked recently ..

Borderlands on BC includes all the dlc I think, you just gotta install it through the manage game tab. Maybe AC3 is similar?

Is the tyranny of king Washington available for Assassins Creed 3? I don't see it in the store.
Each part of the DLC is on the store, but it bundle only. I assume you need to buy the season pass if you want to buy it from the Xbox One Marketplace. The DLC is available for purchase separately on the website or you might be able to find it through the ingame DLC menu on Xbox One.

Borderlands 1 includes all the DLC for free on Xbox One. No additional downloads required.

The DLC for Borderlands 1 has been bundled with the X1 BC copy since day one, FYI. To access the DLC you just have to select the appropriate map area from the Fast Travel.

Unfortunately during that last big 360 sale, my credit card got flagged for fraud (guess those prices were too good, too frequent) and I missed out on Poker Smash, among a few other titles.

Has it been delisted? Looks like only the trial version is available.

I remember the Giant Bomb guys talking pretty fondly of it back when and it'd suck if it's really gone for good.

willbsn13

Does anybody know how to get local co-op working on 3D Ultra Mini Golf Adventures and Castle Crashers. When all my friends try to join the game, they can't sign in as guests on the 360. Is there any work arounds to this problem?

Can they accidentally make every game compatible? or would they get into trouble?

They should totally make a mistake.

I think they can, but they would get in trouble, IIRC despite needing Publisher approval for legal reasons it's Ms that publishes the game at BC entirely.

Actually, does anyone know if Sony was fined for the infamous "every PS1 game is downloadable on Vita" mistake?

Where you had a 24 hour window or so to download any PS1 Classic on the Vita that previously wasn't allowed.

I was cleaning some shelves and I got to thinking about which games I most want backwards compatible:
Mgs2PAE.jpg

I want the games in the top row the very most.

Alx

I suppose SCIV will have issues with the Star Wars license that probably expired, or will at some point. I'd rather have SCV anyway (which had Ezio as a gues character IIRC, so it may be easier to negotiate with Ubi Soft).
DOA4 would be fine too, especially since it had some of my favourite moves for Christie, but DOA5 is fine for now.

Is there any way to get the Lost Odyssey Double Bonus pack DLC? I know in the US it was just a preorder bonus but everything I'm reading says it's still available in Japan for free. I think I made a Japanese Xbox Live account correctly, and I can navigate to it on the Xbox, but it won't let me download. My OCD needs to know before I can properly start the game.

Geometry wars 2 is still so good. Also put in a few hours of far cry 3, I'm pretty impressed with this emulator. When it came out I played it on PC, which is still the best version, but, yeah, the 360 version is beautiful at times.

I was cleaning some shelves and I got to thinking about which games I most want backwards compatible:

Man, Deadly Premonition had some shitty box art. I mean, it's not that it would be awful for something like Outlast, but it really doesn't fit the Twin Peaks vibe of the game and likely turned people off of the game that would have otherwise enjoyed it.

Man, Deadly Premonition had some shitty box art. I mean, it's not that it would be awful for something like Outlast, but it really doesn't fit the Twin Peaks vibe of the game and likely turned people off of the game that would have otherwise enjoyed it.

At least the price didn't turn people off, though.

Though I wish they went with that tentative boxart you see for Red Seeds around sometimes. The final RSP boxart is arguably even worse than the US version (I guess the PAL version wins by default).

s118_LJD9r47SXf8fRcRa8aQL2MV8S8l55v3I.jpg

Is there any way to get the Lost Odyssey Double Bonus pack DLC? I know in the US it was just a preorder bonus but everything I'm reading says it's still available in Japan for free. I think I made a Japanese Xbox Live account correctly, and I can navigate to it on the Xbox, but it won't let me download. My OCD needs to know before I can properly start the game.

I did this back in the day and it worked. DLC even shows up on English on the Storage menu.

Mesharey

I've been watching a lot of Batman stuff lately because of Injustice 2, and that reminded me that I didn't play Batman origins, want that for BC!

Top Bottom