• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

This one is great, but I could see it being:
Xbox One Backwards Compatibility |OT2| Where the fuck is Ninja Gaiden II
The problem is I don't really give a damn about Ninja Gaiden II

Or in serious form, making the OT title game specific is foolish.

Anyway - I've explained why some games take longer than others already but again - I imagine a lot of games with proprietary engines, no digital versions and are otherwise obscure aren't really high on the list. Ninja Gaiden II might fail the last one but it ticks the other boxes.

So far from SEGA we have....

Daytona USA
Jet Set Radio
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Virtua Fighter 2
Virtual On Oratorio Tangram
Comix Zone
Altered Beast
Sonic & SEGA All Star Racing Transformed
SVC: Streets of Rage Collection
SVC: Golden Axe Collection
SVC: Wonder Boy / Monster World Collection
SVC: Alex Kidd & Co Collection
Gunstar Heroes
Guardian Heroes
Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse
The Cave
NiGHTS into dreams...
Phantasy Star II
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Sonic 4
Sonic CD
Sonic the Fighters
Bayonetta
Crazy Taxi
SEGA Bass Fishing
Shinobi

Hope that bodes well for OG Xbox support from SEGA. Getting Orta on the service would be great since that'd technically count as two Panzer Dragoon titles with the unlockable PC port of the original game.

peppers

Alx

I noticed since the last few BC releases that digital 360 games I own don't appear in the "ready to install" list any more. I had to check online to make sure that I owned VF2, and I had to fetch manually Lego PotC after "buying" it from the web market.
Bummer, it was always an easy way to realize added support. Maybe it's a temporary bug from the current preview build though...

Synth

I noticed since the last few BC releases that digital 360 games I own don't appear in the "ready to install" list any more. I had to check online to make sure that I owned VF2, and I had to fetch manually Lego PotC after "buying" it from the web market.
Bummer, it was always an easy way to realize added support. Maybe it's a temporary bug from the current preview build though...

I bet it's Game Pass' fault.

Ein Bear

Hope that bodes well for OG Xbox support from SEGA. Getting Orta on the service would be great since that'd technically count as two Panzer Dragoon titles with the unlockable PC port of the original game.

JET SET RAAAAAADIOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Has there been any word on when OG support will launch?

They added a refresh button on the ready to install list. Wait for that to show, it does not always show until all the tiles have loaded.

levyjl1988

Banned
I'm guessing no ones using the backwards compatibility feature all that much because most of the games they want aren't available on the system.

I mean there's SoulCalibur IV and Soul Calibur V.
I'm guessing they need to renegotiate the contract with Disney as they own the Star Wars brand. Most of the DLC is taken off of the marketplace for expired licence content.
Unless this is a strategically planned release among Star Wars The Last Jedi movie, I doubt it. We would have expected this content already.

Gimme my damn SoulCalibur IV already :(

Saints Row The Third.
This would have been backwards compatible already with SR4, but due to the music licenses, they would have to renegotiate.

Skyrim.
I have my XBOX 360 save of 300 hours. I cannot transfer that save but rather Bethesda wouldn't put this out as people will continue to push their special edition. I don't want to start from scratch and rebuy it again. They couldn't put it in and make in BC like Bioshock, as they have a complete edition and the 360 BC version.

Keinning

I'm guessing no ones using the backwards compatibility feature all that much because most of the games they want aren't available on the system..

page 399 and we still get people who believe the title

i know you guys find the confusion funny but please, let's not do it again for the new thread. it makes discussing BC here on GAF a nightmare.

Keinning

Xbox One backwards compatibility |OT2| Where's Call of Duty: Finest Hour?
Xbox One backwards compatibility |OT2| Now with less input lag

@Keinning - I think it's hilarious every time. Would you deny us that weekly joy?

it's funny here because we know its not true. it's kinda annoying every other thread when people keep saying "but even the thread says everybody wants it nobody uses it!!!" every other BC related thread no matter how many times you say its a joke. but it's not something major really

muzzymate

@Keinning - I think it's hilarious every time. Would you deny us that weekly joy?

@ClivePwned - I love the reference but wonder if that may be a bit too obscure...

Zeta Oni

Will there be a separate thread for OG Xbox BC or are we handling that here since it would still fit the title of the OP, just maybe not the original intention?

If so, I feel the OT2 title could make a reference to that addition.

Something like

Xbox One BC Thread |OT2| Three gen's of Xbox for no one to play

Or

Xbox One BC Thread |OT2| OG now included*

Keinning

a single thread for OG/360 BC looks like the best outcome
it's not like we're drowning in announcements from both to require two separate threads.

also judging by many people in the "remasters/games stuck in the last gen" threads

Xbox One BC Thread |OT2| Yes you can play the first Dark Souls on a current console

Xbox One BC Thread |OT2| Xbox One X box

Xbox One BC Thread |OT2| Now two times more backwards

Xbox One BC Thread |OT2| Another console to never add Ninja Gaiden games from

G0523

I hope Sega is fully on board with their original Xbox games as well. They have a lot of good games on that system and it would be a huge shame to have them locked away on there forever. I would love to see Otogi 1 & 2, Crazy Taxi 3, Gunvalkyrie, and Jet Set Radio Future (without the slowdown) playable on Xbox One.

muzzymate

I hope Sega is fully on board with their original Xbox games as well. They have a lot of good games on that system and it would be a huge shame to have them locked away on there forever. I would love to see Otogi 1 & 2, Crazy Taxi 3, Gunvalkyrie, and Jet Set Radio Future (without the slowdown) playable on Xbox One.

Xbox era Sega games are what I'm most looking forward to (and hoping for). Also, some of the Xbox Originals that I purchased digitally on the 360.

Edit:
Will there be a separate thread for OG Xbox BC or are we handling that here

I think a single thread is sufficient. Microsoft has already set expectations for OG Xbox BC that there won't be as many titles as 360 BC.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Room matches tonight were a blast :D

O2NDETp.gif

YFP8yNC.gif

Top Bottom